What "everyday" clothes can go with a fedora?

IndyJoey

Marshall2288 said:
Theres a tad shortage of ice fishing down here in Florida but thanks for suggestion lol :p
Theres always SCUBA diving drysuits, you live in Florida, there is diving around there... but you cant wear your hat underwater... and you dont need a drysuit in florida... because the water is so warm... Oh, and, who did you buy your hat from? What kind do you use?

Marshall2288

I haven't bought one yet. But i will be getting the Akubra Fed IV. I have several other western style Akubras and I like them a lot. I'm just getting it to add to the hat collection i wear.

mikieson

a fedora is very versatile..I wear mine with big cargo khaki shorts or pants, or some dress slacks or my Indy pants. ...ALSO a tshirt 99% of the time. A fedora isnt just for dressing up..you can wear them with anything..

IAdventurer01

My fedora quickly became so a part of my wardrobe, even causal acquaintances who I cross paths with daily complain, "where's your sweet hat?" If I don't wear it.

It's surprisingly versatile, but it does limit what you wear. Typically, any type of clean-cut slacks with a button-down shirt is excellent. It works with some polos, too, but I wouldn't make that a regular thing, personally. If you are going to wear something more casual, see if you can dress yourself up a bit with a neutral-colored jacket, vest, or sweater (depending on climate). Heck, it even looks darned good with a lab coat, though you may receive the nickname 'Dr. Jones' before long depending on your colleagues, as I have discovered.

So long as you don't completely lack any fashion sense, just take a glance at yourself in a full-length mirror. If you don't like it, it doesn't work. After that, it's up to personal preference, to be honest. If you think it looks 'you', go for it!

IndyJoey

IAdventurer01 said:
though you may receive the nickname 'Dr. Jones' before long depending on your colleagues, as I have discovered.
Hahaha! Thats what my science teacher called me this year! After getting to know me (he was a really cool teacher, although i only have a few days left of school year) he started calling me that. He showed the class really weird pictures all the time, and he always showed me them first, guess what he showed us today? A picture of a dead cat, stuffed and turned into a remote control helicopter... He was an amazing science teacher... Oh, and most of my friends call me Indiana now...

fenris

The other thing about wearing the hat and some Indy gear is the fact that they are real clothes. We can wear the hat, shirt, jacket, pants and match 'em with different items of clothing.

Do Star Trek, Star Wars, or Batman fans get to wear the costume so casually?

Marshall2288

This is also the only costuming community I have been involved with or known about where "close enough" was an acceptable phrase.

Goodeknight

fenris said:
Do Star Trek, Star Wars, or Batman fans get to wear the costume so casually?

What are you trying to say? Of course they do.

startrekloser.jpg
darth-chad-vader-part-4.jpg
IMG_0934.JPG

Indy Geek

Ok guys! This thread is interesting. I recently got an replica of Indys Fedrora, and I never realise it´s bigger than the other hat I use (much like this one: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--6qLqkMIE...ItPacb8pnI/s1600/chap%C3%A9u.pull%26bear.jpg).

So, when I try out Indy Fedora, It felt a bit funny!Haver that happen to one of you guys? On screen the feels right with the rest of Indys clothes, but on your daily life what should you wear? And at the same time feels right and balanced?!

IndyJoey

I know what you mean, but dont worry, the feeling will go away. The smaller fedoras are just really lightweight, so its not as noticeable, but its kinda like when you start to wear a watch (if you wear a watch), at first it feels funny, but you get used to it over time, after a while it feels funny not having it!

Indy Geek

Cool! And what about the clothes? It´s a hat that doesn't combine with most every day gear...I would to wear the Fedora, but will it merge with the rest? Dunno....

Marshall2288

Indy Geek said:
Cool! And what about the clothes? It´s a hat that doesn't combine with most every day gear...I would to wear the Fedora, but will it merge with the rest? Dunno....
Oh but it does! (y)

IndyJoey

Indy Geek said:
It just depends on what your wearing, it does go with alot of things though, you just have to look at yourself in the mirror. If your wearing a tanktop and swim shorts, those hats wont look very good, but if your in say... blue jeans and a polo shirt, it would look fine.

Indy Geek

LOL! That looks cool! One question to FedoraStyle: That fedora is meant to be a replica of which Indy movie (Raiders or LC?) It´s seems LC but if it is, shouldn't the pinch on the crown be more tighter?

fenris

This would probably look good with a fedora... (y)

CI_63971_1339094911.jpg

Just remove the gun holster, of course. I have a watch that's similar to that.

Too bad this game isn't available for the PC... :(

Marshall2288

fenris said:
This would probably look good with a fedora... (y)

CI_63971_1339094911.jpg

Just remove the gun holster, of course. I have a watch that's similar to that.

Too bad this game isn't available for the PC... :(
I have that watch as well. Honestly I wish they would make a crack to put Indy in as Drake in that game. So awesome!

FedoraStyle

Indy Geek said:
LOL! That looks cool! One question to FedoraStyle: That fedora is meant to be a replica of which Indy movie (Raiders or LC?) It´s seems LC but if it is, shouldn't the pinch on the crown be more tighter?

It's actually a KOTCS replica. John Penman did the pinching for me.

Indy Geek

I dunno if it´s the camera effect, but the Fedora seems to have a huge crown. The same thing happen to the photos I took this week. I´ve shown to a friend of mine, and we thought the was huge too. So, I took measurements and accordingly the crown should be about 13,97 cm (5.5 inch). And it is correct!(y)