Classic Lucasfilm characters unlockable in Mercenaries

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/20/news_6116791.html

By accomplishing certain tasks, players can unlock and play as either Indiana Jones, hero of the eponymous adventure movies, or Han Solo, scoundrel-hero of the original Star Wars trilogy. In all six films of the two series, both characters were played by Harrison Ford. LucasArts did not say whether the characters would features samples of Ford's voice.

Click the link to read more.

Canyon

I've seen this video clip a few times, and I think it's great.

I too would buy the game just to get to play as Indy. :whip:

Tennessee R

Thanks for the link. That's pretty neat.

I've thought about buying the game, but the graphics just don't look up to par enough for me to get that interested. But maybe it's okay. I saw the commercial advertising Mercenaries. It's kind of catchy.

"Blow The Living Crap Out Of It Some More."

Yeah, the Indy skin is cool and the reviews look promising...
Maybe I'll check it out? :whip:

Deadlock

I just got Mercs last night, and I'm working hard at unlocking that Indy skin. The character skins of the non-Indy characters are particularly compelling, so swapping Indy in will be a treat. I can't comment on the game overall yet. I'm still getting everything figured out.

Whenever I'm driving, I keep using the control layout from Burnout 3. Unfortunately, in Burnout, the left trigger was the brake. In Mercs, the left trigger causes your character to jump out of the car. :eek: Man, it's frustrating when you have to run a mile to catch up with your car that just kept on cruising after you jumped out. :rolleyes:

Deadlock

Well, I've unlocked the Han Solo skin. (It's much easier to do than the Indy skin.) The Han model looks really good. The only bummer is that they didn't do any audio for him (not even any ripped-off lines from the movie). So, here's my Han Solo with the voice of a big black guy... :rolleyes: (On the bright side, I COULD have been the chick...)

As I watch Han cruise around North Korea, I'm suddenly reminded that the latest developments in the Star Wars universe have been exclusively in the Jedi realm. The coolness of the non-Jedi smuggler/rogue aspect has been all but forgotten. (I suppose the flag was weakly carried by Jango Fett, up until his untimely demise. :dead: )

Anyway, it's good to see Han Solo out and about again.

Last edited: