Where /when should the Chronicles have ended?

Raiders90

Personally, I'd have loved if the last few episodes were rearranged somehow....For example, get rid of Hollywood Follies, puts Winds of Change in 1919 where it is (and maybe somehow edit in Miss Seymour's death into Winds of Change), have Mystery of the Blues and the Scandal of 1920 take place in the Spring/Summer of 1920,

Finally, have Treasure of the Peacock's Eye take place in the late summer of 1920....Tweak the storyline a bit (as in the map maybe is given to Remy by a dying relative or some such thing, it has nothing to do with WWI.). Tweak Scweitzer's dialogue a bit, have him in essence tell Indy to not simply be a treasure seeker but to continue his education in archaeology, so that he can have respectability, even if he is to be an adventurer--something along those lines. Have it be that Indy doesn't give up and is just as feverish about the diamond as Remy is until talking to Schweitzer. Maybe have Indy use a whip somewhere in this episode too. It'd end with him deciding to go back to school to become an archaeologist...While also have ambitions to someday have fortune and glory, with all the respectability and credibility of a P.H.D.

Have the series end there, with Indy's character arc as an adventurer just beginning, or perhaps do the unfilmed Belloq episodes in 1921....

If we leave Indy as part adventurer, part archaeologist in training in 1920, if we have him get that he can be both at the same time, it could've made the flashforward to 1935 in TOD much easier--And if we go with the Eye of the Peacock being the Diamond at the beginning of TOD, then Indy's last on screen adventure (Peacock's Eye) would be a nice segue into his next (Temple of Doom), the prologue of that film being the end of the Quest for the Peacock's Eye, the last connection to his less corrupt past, beginning the end of Indy's character arc from:

Adventurous/rebellious child (1908-1912)
Soldier and Spy (1916-1919)
Womanizer, adventurer (1920-1935)
Pure antihero adventurer (1935-1938)
Heroic slight antihero adventurer (1938-1957)
Older, mature, wise adventurer (1950-1957)
World weary archaeologist (1957)

Stoo

Raiders112390 said:
Personally, I'd have loved if the last few episodes were rearranged somehow....For example, get rid of Hollywood Follies, puts Winds of Change in 1919 where it is (and maybe somehow edit in Miss Seymour's death into Winds of Change), have Mystery of the Blues and the Scandal of 1920 take place in the Spring/Summer of 1920,
"Blues" and "Scandal" already do take place in the spring/summer of 1920. I would not get rid of "Follies" because that shows him doing the Yakima Canutt stunt and it's an important connection to "Raiders".

Re. Your comments about "Peacocks' Eye":
1) It's Malinowski (not Schweitzer).;)
2) Yes, ending the series with this episode would've made a nice segue to "Temple of Doom". Have it take place after his meetings with Belloq.
3) I would've preferred if they had shown Indy & Remy going to India together, as was originally intended. This also would have featured Remy's death during the quest which I would've liked to have seen. Even though I like Remy as a character, it would've been a very poignant turn of events and would further reinforce the fact that Indy is a survivor.
Raiders112390 said:
Adventurous/rebellious child (1908-1912)
Soldier and Spy (1916-1919)
Womanizer, adventurer (1920-1935)
Pure antihero adventurer (1935-1938)
Heroic slight antihero adventurer (1938-1957)
Older, mature, wise adventurer (1950-1957)
World weary archaeologist (1957)
You left out:
Cantankerous story-teller (1992-1993).:D

Montana Smith

Giving Lucas time to come to his senses, drop the Forrest Gump act and show a cynical/selfish/fortune and glory Indy having some supernatual adventures in preparation for Temple of Doom.