Becoming Indiana Jones, slowly. My Adventure gear.

NLogan

IMG_8883_zpsehejlxl0.jpg

Finally getting around to getting some adventure gear and using it!

IMG_8829_zpsyxklee7i.jpg

Throwing my hat into the ring with you guys, well wishing I had a better hat anyways.

Modified Dorfman Pacific hat
Coyle's Raider's Jacket
What Price Glory Indiana Jones Khaki shirt
WWII US Army Officer's pants (pinks) found at an Army Surplus store for less than $10 dollars!
Vintage light brown leather rifle strap from unknown rifle military surplus
Vintage dark brown H&K G3 leather rifle strap
Wells Lamont leather driver gloves
Wolverine 1000 mile boots

IMG_8784_zpsd2yakam4.jpg

Khaki military web belt
Brown leather gun belt
Black leather two snap belt keeper for whip holder
Original WWI 1918 British MK VI Webley holster in a dark chocolate brown with a Co2 Crosman Model 44 Peacemaker for now

IMG_8870_zpsow604xih.jpg

Magnoli 10' Bullwhip

IMG_8858_zpsd3teixfk.jpg

WWII Canadian Woods MkVI 1942 gas mask bag light khaki/mustard color with d-rings, lanyard disc, and one vent hole

IMG_8890_zpscufbnjgr.jpg

Drones33

Thanks NLogan, these days I feel incomplete without my hat:hat:
You look like you handle your whip very well. I still need practice with mine. I can crack it most of the time, but still end up with a sore neck or ear where I manage to lash myself from time to time, ( hurts more in the cold weather!) but practice makes perfect...

NLogan

Drones33 said:
Thanks NLogan, these days I feel incomplete without my hat:hat:
You look like you handle your whip very well. I still need practice with mine. I can crack it most of the time, but still end up with a sore neck or ear where I manage to lash myself from time to time, ( hurts more in the cold weather!) but practice makes perfect...

Actually I am a beginner in the whip as well. I learned I should be holding it closer to the Turk's head at the end of the handle. I am genuinely afraid of it although I haven't hit myself yet. If you look closely at some of the photos you can see I am cringing and ducking my head. I usually wear eye protection when practicing but for the pictures I took it off hence the cringe. :whip:

IMG_8858b_zpsu7ugkjic.jpg

S. Dakota Jones

Great start so far!

That whip will get you good, I've gotten myself a few times with mine as probably we all have lol.

How do you like that WPG shirt? I've been thinking about picking one up and see how it compares to the Wested.

NLogan

Thanks Indy1Jones2 and S. Dakota Jones!

I really like the shirt. To my eye it is the perfect color, lighter in direct sunlight as evidenced in the pictures but it appears a light khaki or light tan indoors. It is a bit baggy but that is probably my fault for ordering a large instead of medium. I have a large neck and was worried about buttoning it up but then again unless I was going for the Last Crusade look with the tie it will probably never be buttoned.

S. Dakota Jones

I have a Wested shirt in a Medium size and I actually just had it taken in last week. It was pretty baggy before but now it looks and feels great. I can't pull it on over my head like I used to lol. I do wish I had taken a before shot though to compare with the after. Now if only I could find some "close enough", darker buttons to switch out for the pre-damage ToD look that I want. I was thinking of getting a WPG and maybe doing that one up for a bridge scene damaged shirt.

NLogan

Texan Scott said:
What color is the Wested shirt? Khaki can be shades of green, yellow, taupe, stone, etc? What shade/tint is yours?

It is khaki tan to khaki stone in direct light.

Indy McFly

One of things that I do and I highly recommend to those that do practice their whip, is to wear safety glasses.

You catch your self just once on the eye and it can be all over. Once you become proficient in it then and only then would I not wear the glasses if i was demonstrating it to someone.
:whip: :mad:

Yesh

Hat

I have an official Indy hat made by the guy that produced the ones in the movies too, good stuff. Nice costume.