NEW! Sideshow Indy in German disguise is coming!

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Just when you thought he had given up!

Well, hold onto your wallets and don't pay big bucks tracking down that Hasbro 12" Indy in German disguise on eBay... because Sideshow has a surprise for you. This week's Sideshow Newsletter has revealed an new edition to their Indy line of figures with Indy in his German disguise complete with rocket launcher from "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

Now, no release date or pre-order information has been posted yet, but these things come out of nowhere so keep checking their site or us, for new information!

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=6413#comment-185761

For now, check out the preview image at Sideshow Collectibles

mfisher

While I am excited to see sideshow continuing the Indy line.. this choice isn't as exciting due to the huge availability of WW2 german uniforms and equipment already on the market in 1/6th.. with the hatless head from the Raiders Indy and what is already out there, this one is too easy to do on your own.. would have had a much better appreciation for a Maproom Indy... but then again, no telling what the exclusive pack in will be with this one :)

deckard24

As cool as this looks, couldn't the hard core collectors buy similar WWII clothing for the 12" Indy we already have from Sideshow? This seems like a chance for them too milk some dollars out of the collectors, while not having to busy themselves with new sculpts! The head looks exactly like the sculpt we already have!

I agree Mfisher, a Map Room Indy would have been awesome, especially if it came with a mini-diorama of Tanis just like the vintage 3 3/4" figure!

Billy Ray

deckard24 said:
This seems like a chance for them too milk some dollars out of the collectors, while not having to busy themselves with new sculpts! The head looks exactly like the sculpt we already have!

Hmm...it looks like a new sculpt to me, but I could be wrong.

Glad to see that the doomsayers over at the Sideshow Freaks board were wrong about the Indy line being dead, not that I put much stock in that.

Looks great, but I am not sure I will be getting this one, will have to see what all he comes with and what the exclusive item is. An Ark crate would make sense maybe, but then the other exclusives haven't really made a whole lot of sense (well at least Toht was actually in a scene with the Ark) so who knows.

tnswman

TOMMYD said:
Or all 4 for that matter, not everyone hates crystal skull.

AMEN!!! Give us KOTCS Indy!!

I'm glad they are doing these official figures and I thinkg the Hasbro GD Indy is good for waht it is. Customs are nice to look at but they are not Official. Many collectors like me need that Official Product.

The head sculpt is the best yet. The 1st Indy didn't transfer well to production and painting and came out NOT looking like Harrison. Here is hoping that the painting does not ruin this one too.

The Mini Dios are a GREAT idea BTW :)

DrJones35

The only KOTCS SS12in I'd buy would be Indy. I see mutt then I'm done collecting Indy forever. Why not focus on the trilogy first, then in 19 years give us a kotcs figure. Before KOTCS figs I'd like to see:

ROTLA
Marion w/ raven bar and cairo and well of the souls outfits
Sallah
Goebler
TOD
Indy-Club obiwan or TOD Indy with ripped shirt and machete but include jacket so when you put it on, he looks like he does at the end of the film
Short Round
Willie w/ club obiwan dress, TOD ceremonial or Indy's clothes
Mola RAm
Chattar Lal

TLC
TLC lends itself to the best possible list of 12 in figures

Henry Sr.-this should be made next!
Elsa
Donovan
"fat" Sallah
Grail Knight

Kevin

mfisher said:
While I am excited to see sideshow continuing the Indy line.. this choice isn't as exciting due to the huge availability of WW2 german uniforms and equipment already on the market in 1/6th.. with the hatless head from the Raiders Indy and what is already out there, this one is too easy to do on your own.. would have had a much better appreciation for a Maproom Indy... but then again, no telling what the exclusive pack in will be with this one :)

I agree 100%. They should have released another character from ROTLA like Marion, or moved on and done a TOD Indy.

deckard24

Billy Ray said:
Hmm...it looks like a new sculpt to me, but I could be wrong.

Glad to see that the doomsayers over at the Sideshow Freaks board were wrong about the Indy line being dead, not that I put much stock in that.

Looks great, but I am not sure I will be getting this one, will have to see what all he comes with and what the exclusive item is. An Ark crate would make sense maybe, but then the other exclusives haven't really made a whole lot of sense (well at least Toht was actually in a scene with the Ark) so who knows.
You might be right? At first glance it looks like the same sculpt with a darker paint job, but now that I examined it better, the eyebrows are darker and the brow ridge itself looks more furrowed, so maybe it's new? Someone commented on the Sideshow page that it looks kind of like Mel Gibson, and now that I went back and looked at it, it kind of does. It's still a cool figure, but if they were sticking with a Raiders only theme I would have preferred a new character. A Map Room or Professor Indy would have been awesome!

Nurhachi1991

I like it and would buy it. I have not gotten any of the sideshow figures so far because of money issues but I have to get Toht I want him more than Indy! I have money set aside.

I wish sideshow would of given us the Last Crusade Nazi officer instead though. There is already a ROTLA german disquise Indy out there and it would of been cool to see the officer one with the Grail Diary signed by Hitler as an exclusive.

Lon

This does look great.

But come already with Mola Ram. He is just RIPE to made into one of these. He has a great costume, accessories and that painted head to make a great figure.

Mr. Fusion

This will no doubt be a cool figure, but I think it's an odd choice. Why make an alternate Indy before Marion or Sallah?

If anyone's interested, here's a custom my brother did with Indy in this outfit.

GemanDisguiseIndy2.jpg

GermanDisguiseIndy12.jpg

He now has the pouches on the belt.

tnswman

Mr. Fusion said:
This will no doubt be a cool figure, but I think it's an odd choice. Why make an alternate Indy before Marion or Sallah?

If anyone's interested, here's a custom my brother did with Indy in this outfit.

GemanDisguiseIndy2.jpg

GermanDisguiseIndy12.jpg

He now has the pouches on the belt.

we can only hope the sideshow paint apps look that good :(

phantom train

This new 12" IJ in German disguise looks great, and I'll almost certainly get this - this is definitely from an iconic scene in ROTLA, and is probably one of the more memorable alternate Indy outfits from the films.

That being said, I would have preferred another choice for a new 12" IJ figure - the sky's the limit, and it would have been more interesting to see a 12" "Mola Ram", "Marion Ravenwood", or even, "IJ in Tuxedo" from the beginning of TOD (this could come with the green Nurhachi urn).
These would all have been better choices than the IJ in German disguise, especially since there is already a Hasbro figure in the same outfit that came out just last year (despite the fact that the Hasbro figure was
next-to-impossible to find at retail).