The Crushable hat?

Lao Che Pun

I have owned a few Indy hats throughout the years (from '89 to current in fact) and now I think I'd like to venture to an actual Crushable Indy hat. I have enjoyed the comfort of a crushable fedora in the past (but never Indy-styled)...my question to you guys is:

Any opinions on the crushables? (other than the fact that it isn't screen-accurate, of course)

I just want to hear if anyone has had a good or bad experience with one...

Thanks!

Nurhachi1991

i own a crusable fedora and its not 100 percent screen acurate it works great and is more comfortable in my opinion to wear i love my hat and wouldnt trade it for anything

DocWhiskey

I own a crushable fedora and I absolutely love it. It may not be 100% screen accurate, but when you where it people get it's "Indiana Jones". I put it through a ton of adventures through out the years, and it still keeps it's shape, just like the site promised. If you're looking for a good Indy hat that doesn't raid your wallet, the crushable one is the best place to start.:hat:

Here's a few pics of mine (Ignore Mr. Myers):
IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

And the flash isn't flattering mind you.

Last edited:

The_Raiders

How can you tellif a hat's crushable or not? I mean I bought mine and I don't know if they are or not, and I don't plan on sitting on them to find out :p

The_Raiders

Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna try to see if mine are crushables or not :p They might be, becasue they have gone through some stuff before and if they have dents or whatever in them it always pops back, but they have never been like crushed.

robweiner8

Lao Che Pun said:
Thanks guys....anyone have pics of someone wearing their crushable?
DSCN1079.JPG

This is me at an backcountry ruin in Bandelier national mon in NM where i live. and thats my crushable

-INDY-

well once I fell in a lake with my hat, and it became quite crushable after that, and it's shape was maintained too, but it stiffened later.

ValenciaGrail

Another vote in favor...

Ten years and three children ago I would have spent the $200 or more required to get a hat which is screen accurate to exacting detail.

Case in point, I spent $300 for a 10K gold replica Broncos Super Bowl Ring in 1998...and it didn't even look that good....

But these days, I have to be a responsible geek.....

The crushable is my choice, at $30 with my 25% off coupon from Sheplers.

No, the pinch and the crown is not exactly Indy-accurate, etc...etc....

But - as others in this thread have stated, it is instantly recognizable as "Indiana Jones" to the pop-culture aware public, and is a great inexpensive option. Only the "true believers" will criticize it, in which case just tell them to get a life.
You also won't be afraid to breath on it; you can actually WEAR it once in awhile, unlike the higher-priced options.

I'd say it's the equivalent of a replica baseball / football jersey (~$30) versus an actual authentic licensed team jersey the same as the players wear (~$250). The former serves the same purpose, is much cheaper, and can actaully be WORN to the games without worrying about damaging the collectible value.

Mine has been sat on and manhandled by my little Indy Jr's, and has stood up well.

See also the "close enough" Indy gear thread...this is front and center in that category IMO, right along with my $35 bullwhip :)

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=14218

official hat

are those hats in the pictures the dorfman pacific outback model? i
have the regular dp hat but i reshaped it to have a tighter pinch.:whip: