What to get for my birthday?

Hovito

Im 9 in a few weeks time and my dads asked me to pick somthing for my present. ive seen all the cool stuff you guys have .whats the best things to get .i dont know what to ask for cos theirs so much stuff to buy.what do you think is the best to get. if you wre 9 what would you get.

Munkeewrench

If I was 9 I would get the figures and the DVD's if I didn't already have them...I would then go outside to play and quit spending so much time on the computer...;) ...

thelaw

Hey, now. Let's not be so rough on the 9-year olds. But yes, the movies would be the way to go. However, if you've got those (which you probably do, since you post on an Indy website), the sky's the limit.

When I was growing up, I loved action figures. Any of those will do.

Books: The Ultimate Guide is a great visual guide to the Indy universe.

Actually, an Indy fedora might be the coolest thing. I know I would have been the happiest kid on the block with one of those.

DetectiveFork

I'd totally go with the toys, if you're into action figures. At your age, I'm not sure you realize how long Indy fans went without action figures, or at least ones that were easy to find, so I'd take advantage of the plethora of Indy figures on the shelves now. Who knows how long they'll last? Of course, this might be the 9-year-old in me who never got to have Indy toys talking. :)

I would suggest this shortlist of figures based on what's now available:

Indiana Jones w/ removable hat from KotCS - This is a great figure; good likeness of Ford, good poseability, and nice accessories, including an extra hand holding a crystal skull that you can switch out with a regular hand.

Indiana Jones w/ horse - This is my favorite of the classic Indy figures. You can not only replicate the classic scene from Raiders where we jumps on the horse and goes after the Nazis, but it's a great figure in its own right. It's got a similar body to the Indy I mentioned above, as well as the poseability, but with a wider stance that looks very dynamic. The likeness is pretty good.

Irina Spalko - The sword-wielding Russian nemesis of Indy in the new movie. Nice figure, but like any figure in this line, try to find one with good paint applications. She comes with another (although larger) crystal skull as a hidden relic. The hidden relics each of the figures comes with are a very fun part of this line.

Mutt Williams w/jacket - This will give Irina someone to duel with. Despite not knowing the character yet, I really like this figure. And he comes with the Spear of Destiny, which is a great relic to send Indy after.

German soldier 2-pack - Jones is always going up against these guys! Good way to get two for a decent price.

Cemetery Warrior - Another badass villain for the good guys to fight. I don't know how awesome or not he is in the film, buy the toy is great. He's a little hard to find.

And if you don't mind having a third Indy figure, I would suggest getting the Indy with the Ark of the Covenant, just because the Ark is an awesome relic to have.

Hope that helps,

Kevin

Billy Ray

I have to agree with DetectiveFork. I know times have changed since I was 9 yrs old but, when I was, I would have killed for all of the Indy figures that are out now! Or, perhaps, the Legos. I was also a big Lego fan back then.

The_Raiders

Wow, a 9 year old on the raven? :confused: ... ok. Well my cousin is nine and he likes the figures and legos and movies and stuff.

ILoooooveCamels

Well let me wish you an early happy birthday, dude!

I would definitely have picked out some of the small Indiana Jones figures when I was turning nine. (When I was a little younger than you, I got an Indiana Jones figure -- only it was Toht, a guy dressed in a suit and wearing spectacles! Needless to say, I found him pretty boring. Luckily there's greater variety now that you're buying them!)

DetectiveFork

Billy Ray said:
I have to agree with DetectiveFork. I know times have changed since I was 9 yrs old but, when I was, I would have killed for all of the Indy figures that are out now! Or, perhaps, the Legos. I was also a big Lego fan back then.

Good point. The Legos are very awesome. Lots of good sets to choose from, but if I had to pick one, it would be the Lost Tomb set, the one with Indy, Marion, the Ark and all the snakes.

Lao Che Pun

If you're nine, then I'd say it's time for you to pull out the books. Get some education along with your entertainment. Forget the toys.....you can be interested in them again when you're 23 an older (like the rest of us...;) )

Wow, a nine year old here. I guess that's the sign that my wife is right about me and my immaturity visiting these Indy messageboards...ouch!

The_Raiders

Lao Che Pun said:
Wow, a nine year old here. I guess that's the sign that my wife is right about me and my immaturity visiting these Indy messageboards...ouch!

I don't think you're imature, but if I had a nine year old son I don't think I'd let him join an internet forum. But yeah he can get comics and stuff like that, I'd still go with the toys, :p .

Hovito

Sometimes im on here with my dad, but he always checks what happens cos he knows what thing can happen. i only joined cos i love indy films.

UKIndyFan

Young Indy DVDs definetly. You could learn a lot from the documentaries and have fun watching the episodes too

If thats not your thing then get the Lego Indy game

fixer79

Happy birthday already, little bro! :)

Yeah, I'd definitely go for the Indy LEGO game.
Or some LEGO sets if you haven't got those already.

San Holo

The action figures are great and all....but get outside and play:whip: Have Daddio get you a bullwhip and fedora, maybe even a nice cap-pistol, and have some adventures of your own. One of my favorite Bday presents as a kid was an Indy hat/whip and rope in a tree( that I could swing around on like I was being chased by angry Hovitos:D )