Indy on horse back 3-3/4"

hemble

Hi All

When I saw the indy w/horse I knew straight away that I wanted to do a diorama from ROTLA but wanted to see how the horse would look in a diorama. So with that in mind I decided to do this small vignette(diorama) with it to see how it would turn out before doing the bigger diorama I want to do.

And I couldn't think of anything better then doing a scene from TLC and also seeing Gentle Giants statue I knew that I would create this scene as I'm never going to buy there's as I knew I could have one on a smaller scale to save room.

I was very pleased with the way it turned out Hasbro has done a brillant job recreating a horse in 1/18 scale and with a little work a good horse became an excellent horse. Once I was happy with the way the horse and indy looked I sculpted both figures and painted them using Vallejo and Games Workshop paints.

RECIPE

1: The Indy figure and Horse are from Hasbro's Deluxe Indy w/hosre playset, they have both been superglued into postion and the gaps/joints puttied using Games Workshop Green Stuff.

2: All the horses straps are pieces of leather cut to size and glued inplace the buckles are either from Hasbro's horse cut and sanded or hand made using small wire.
The blanket is cloth cut to size and hand painted. The bedroll is again cloth wrapped up and glued inplace with small pieces of leather as straps. The rifle is from an old figure I had cut to size wrapped in cloth and glued under the blanket.
The tassles are small pieces of rope used in model ship building, 3 pieces have been tied together and then I gave them a frayed look by pulling them apart then painted them.

3: The base is from a $2 shop, the scenery is fine sand and kitty litter mixed together and glued inplace then once dry given numeruos washs to get the desired colour.

lc1.jpg

lc2.jpg

lc3.jpg

lc4.jpg

lc5.jpg

Ron

Billy Ray

Wow! Simply amazing Hemble! One question though...how did you secure the horse to the base??? I swear in a few of those pics it appears as if he has all four feet off the ground.

The_Raiders

Hemble, how does one say it? "Creater of fine collectibles." Terrific work, I love how you made the look more natural but covering up the joints, great job!!! :gun:

hemble

Hi All

ILoooooveCamels - Appreciate the kind words thanks heaps.

Dr. Indy Jones - Glad you liked it and thanks.

Billy Ray - Cheers mate and the I drilled a hole up the middle of the leg and then inserted a metal rod to keep it stable.

Agent Spalko - Thanks very much glad you enjoyed it.

The_Raiders - Thanks mate and the joints were pretty easy to sculpt over just had to get the legs in the right postion.

Ron

FETT1

...WOW...AGAIN...you are truley a GREAT ARTIST / THINKER...
GREAT GREAT GREAT !!!(y) (y) (y)
...now if HASBUTT could do something like this .....oi!!!:confused:

FETT1...