Ford Commercial

Element

Ok, I was on the computer and had the TV on in the other room and I heard something that sounded like an Indy 4 preview.

It went like this:

"He carried a whip went on adventures" or something like that and then the anouncer said, "This summer" after that I ran into the other room to only find out it was a new Ford commercial.
:eek:

has anyone seen it?

Indyologist

Maybe look for the ad on the internet-- possibly at Ford's site? Don't worry-- I'm sure it's probably NOT about Indy 4!

IndyMcFly

From TheIndyExperience.net:

-------------------------------------

The commercial starts out with a narration and it goes a little something like this: "In 1981, he wore a fedora, he cracked a whip, and now the adventure lives on... in the new Ford Explorer!" A very clever use of the dates and the Indiana Jones font which is also included in the commercial.

It's funny, for years there have been references to Harrison Ford with quotes like, "Built Ford Tough" (which is of course the slogan for Ford Motor Company) and now, the Ford company has finally started using an homage to our favorite hero in their commercials. Marketing at its best!

--------------------------------------

In Christ,
Shane

intergamer

I'm pretty sure 'built ford tough' wasn't a reference to Indy...but if someone can prove to me that it is, i'd be very interested

IndyMcFly

Yeah, I didn't think it was either... but I agree, if it is, and somebody can prove it, I'd be very interested.

In Christ,
Shane