Where was the venice scene shoot?

everlong

hi, i am such a dummy, i was in venice last week, because i want to se the libary where indy cames out from the catakombs you know ah venice!
but i did not found that location! that was very frustrating!how is the name of that church or libary in real live? i drive again 6 hours to see that, but this time i will find the gully, thanks for help;)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Dunno about the library, however I know the interiors were shot at Elstree, as was the catacombs, and the boat sequence. It is quite plausible that they shot the library exterior at the library.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
kartta.gif

X marks the spot. The Church is called San Barbara.

everlong

thanks

thanks. very nice people here! i will go to lignano this year and by the way i will check out venece again! thanks:)

everlong

yep thanks i was there at san barnaba

i am back from my holidays now and thrugh your help i found the libary and all locations from the movie.there is really a caffe at the frontside of the church (or libary ) i was there where indy cames out , ah venece i also was at salute the ship station where indy meets elsa the first time. so thanks again jordania you are the next....:whip: