Shia LaBeouf in Indy IV

misnomer

AICN is reporting a steady rumour that Indy will have a son in the new movie.
I'm adamantly against a sprog featuring in the movie, or at least one that is "following in daddys footsteps."

Now Im not sure how many of you are for/against indy having an ass-kicking sprog...so...... what are your thoughts? could it really work?

Dr.Sartorius

Please, God, NO!

I'm open to Indy having a son or better yet a daughter, but I really hate "Shia LaBeouf". When I say hate I mean he annoys me to the point of insanity. I'd almost rather have no Indy IV than have this guy be in it. :mad:

Viper

I don't really care about actors besides Harry.
I just hope that it's good.

Heck, I'm just happy it's happening:rolleyes:

misnomer

Dr.Sartorius said:
Please, God, NO!

I'm open to Indy having a son or better yet a daughter, but I really hate "Shia LaBeouf". When I say hate I mean he annoys me to the point of insanity. I'd almost rather have no Indy IV than have this guy be in it. :mad:

yeah the son angle is too convenient. I think itd be more interesting for Indy to have a daughter...especially natalie portman. oh yeah. slower baby......

James

I really hope Indy doesn't have any kids, but I guess it could explain the whole "too connected" comment.

Dr.Sartorius

Here's a story Latino Review posted a couple weeks ago but was forced to take down after it was online for only a few minutes:

I had a chance to speak to Shia LaBeouf a few weeks ago here in NYC and I asked him what he was working on next now that he's rapped TRANSFORMERS. Shia replied something like this: “I can't really say because.... put it this way, I'm trying to work something out to be in the next Steven Spielberg movie.”

Which Spielberg movie is it? Well let's do some math. Spielberg is working on two projects, Lincoln and Indy IV. Lincoln is the Abraham Lincoln biopic and we all know about Indy IV.

When I pressed him if it was Lincoln, Shia laughed it off. He just gave me a look saying “NO WAY!" Then when I asked him point blank if it was Indy IV. He put on a devilish smile and said “I'm trying to work it out. I don't want to loose the role to another actor so I really can't say much but it will be announced very soon.”

Even more, my guy in L.A., who isn't very liked at the moment, EL MAYIMBE has spotted Shia at the Gym working out like a mad man.

Would Shia being working his ass off for a role in Lincoln? Unlikely.

A few days later our sources said that Steven loves Shia and that he's up for one of two roles, either Indy's son or a faithful sidekick.

Could he be Indy's son? Considering the rumor that one of the rejected scripts did see Indy with a son from a liaison with Marion back in Raiders, it could happen. But it would make sense, considering Shia was born in 1986 and Raiders was released in 1981, if a fling with Willie in Temple created a Jones offspring, which was released in 1984, a bit closer to Shia's birth year.

Expect an announcement soon.

misnomer

James said:
I really hope Indy doesn't have any kids, but I guess it could explain the whole "too connected" comment.

an interesting rumour I heard was that the "connected" macguffin is an artifact that causes premature aging.

I still dont know if its a joke (probably) but it would make a lot of sense..........

Finn

Staff member
Considering the rumor that one of the rejected scripts did see Indy with a son from a liaison with Marion back in Raiders, it could happen.
If they're using this to make a point, they haven't done their homework too well, as they're obviously referencing to "Sons of Darkness". That one was a fan romp, not a "rejected script".

ElodieJones

Yeah, I see that.

But I prefere a daughter for Indy.
The Father and Son story is already done between Jones Sr and Jr.

And in the "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles", Indy got a daughter...

fedoraboy

Of course Indy will have kids

I think it is likely that Indy will have a son/daughter in this movie. Most guys in their 50's have kids, Indy's had his fair share of ladies so if he didn't have kids that would be more of a worry (Indy Infertile!).

The main question is how prominantly will any father -son/daughter relationship be to the story line. Will it be handled well (mirroring the Indy/Henry relationship in LC) or will it be a case of Henry Jr Jr joining dad on an adventure and being a 'chip off the old block' and being involved in most of the action?

I guess we'll have to wait and see - I don't know much about this Shia - but the young protege angle worked (reasonably) well in Doom with Short Round so we shouldn't be to concerned at this stage

"AICN is reporting a steady rumour"
AICN is about as accurate as dowsing... which is the same as random chance... I'd trust AICN as a source, not in the least.

James

A few days later our sources said that Steven loves Shia and that he's up for one of two roles, either Indy's son or a faithful sidekick.

I wonder if this means there will be both a son and a young sidekick in the film, or if Shia's character will simply be one or the other?

Personally, I'd rather see him in the role of sidekick. The idea of Indy having a son is just such a huge cliche, and it's a relationship that has already been explored in LC.

If the son is in his early 20's, there's a good chance they may try to pass him off as Marion's. But that just opens the film up to seeming like fan fiction, which is the one thing Koepp stressed that they had tried to avoid.

Dene

It was an inevitability that there be a younger guy in this movie. A studio wouldn't greenlight a $150m+ popcorn movie peopled entirely by sixtysomethings.

As for it (perhaps) being Indy's son, and people being disappointed that that's a hackneyed idea -- are there any truly new ideas left out there? I doubt it.

Let's wait and see how it's done.

JK_Antwon

I personally love Shia LaBeouf! I've liked him since his days on Even Stevens on the Disney Channel! As stated before it does make sense a younger person will be in the flick. Also I think by brining a daughter in on the adventure thing, would be to much like Tomb Raider. Indy already borrowed from Tomb Raider with it's game (but I feel that was justified, since they borrowed the essence of Indy) having an older sidekick would be cool.. maybe then something to spin off of, and not be to "cliché" and be his son, either way I'm excited with the news, even if it doesn't happen, cause now the news of Indy 4 is getting out again. Any news is good news! Rumors are like free advertising. I remember when TPM came out, they had almost no commercials, cause it was covered on the news so well.
I?m getting a little sidetracked now, so I will leave it at that!