The Dark Knight Rises

Indy Scout 117

TheMutt92 said:
It's interesting to see how a ton of people here and elsewhere on the internet have appeared to "jump ship" in just the past week: first Bane's appearance, than Catwoman's, now Bane's voice. I mean c'mon, at least give these guys the benefit of the doubt. Most of the material is spy footage and we have no idea at what stage these all take place at in the story. Plus, they still have a year to change things if need be.
i totally agree. i mean its Chris Nolan's Batman for goodness sake. how could it be terrible?? dont give up yet. or at all, for that fact. (y)

Joe Brody

TheMutt92 said:
It's interesting to see how a ton of people here and elsewhere on the internet have appeared to "jump ship" in just the past week: first Bane's appearance, than Catwoman's, now Bane's voice. I mean c'mon, at least give these guys the benefit of the doubt. Most of the material is spy footage and we have no idea at what stage these all take place at in the story. Plus, they still have a year to change things if need be.

You raise a good point. Go back to the Dark Knight and most fans were initially averse to the Heath Ledger casting choice and did not like what they were seeing in early images. I don't think the tide of public sentiment started to turn until the Joker guerilla marketing came out.

This latest scene at Heinz Field, however, has made me a bit of skeptic. The only reason why it's in the film is because on of the producers is a part owner of the Steelers. I don't know much - but I know that too many cooks in the kitchen usually spoils the broth. I've sat quiet through other news like Bane as a character and the casting of Anne Hathaway -- but now I am losing a little confidence.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
TheMutt92 said:

That's assuming that all of us commenting have been paying attention to these pieces of information. Some of us aren't.

Montana Smith

Attila the Professor said:
That's assuming that all of us commenting have been paying attention to these pieces of information. Some of us aren't.

For myself, seeing tweets of every new behind the scenes photo or piece of gossip defeats the object of the final film itself. The pictures are out of context with the eventual story. It's akin to deconstructing something before it's been constructed.

I'll make my mind up on the movie when I get the chance to pick it up cheap on DVD. ;)

WillKill4Food

Montana Smith said:
For myself, seeing tweets of every new behind the scenes photo or piece of gossip defeats the object of the final film itself.
I definitely agree about that. Given the magic of post-production, perhaps some of us are too harsh, but I think my qualms stem from a fear that Nolan is going to get too sure of himself.

Indy Scout 117 said:
i mean its Chris Nolan's Batman for goodness sake. how could it be terrible??
284001_922578927614_34314617_42589622_5840886_n.jpg

Also...
with this promo image, im starting to think that's all we get for a Catwoman costume.
tumblr_lph8nlBBlo1qiy7aco1_1280_595.jpg

Last edited:

WillKill4Food

It's starting to seem like I only comment in this thread, but anyway...
featofstrength said:
with this promo image, im starting to think that's all we get for a Catwoman costume.
That doesn't look official, at least not to me, and one of Hathaway's stunt-ladies was seen carrying what looked like a more feline mask.

kongisking

JP Jones said:
Yes.

My post was only pointing out that Kongisking cannot except that the Dark Knight isn't perfect, or that Christopher Nolan isn't a God. That's all I was trying to get across. The suit is irrelevent to what I was saying. It gets me a little mad when you tell me what I think, and believe you are right. (jerk).

Sigh. Calm down, buddy. I don't think anybody meant any offense.

And as for me thinking TDK is flawless...nooooooooooooooooooooot quite. I accept that the film has a rather bloated running time, and that Christian Bale was upstaged by Mr. Ledger, and that the fight scenes aren't nearly as badass as they could be, and that Gotham looks too clean, and that Joker, as awesome as he is, is a total change from his modern comics counterpart, etc...believe me, I see flaws. I just think the majority of the film was so damn fantastic that I tend to ignore the flaws, as in my mind, they aren't significant enough to make the film poor.

And who says Nolan aint a god? For all we know, he could be. Morgan Freeman too, for that matter, as he actually played God Himself once...

As for Bane's voice...too soon to tell if that's final. As it is, though, I must admit, it's not what I expected. But then again, nobody expected Heath Ledger to have scars, and that turned out good, right? So maybe Bane with a tired-sounding voice could work in the end? I'm just being optimistic here. If the film sucks, I will fully eat my words and declare Nolan a hack, like you all want me to...:rolleyes:

JP Jones

kongisking said:
Sigh. Calm down, buddy. I don't think anybody meant any offense.

And as for me thinking TDK is flawless...nooooooooooooooooooooot quite. I accept that the film has a rather bloated running time, and that Christian Bale was upstaged by Mr. Ledger, and that the fight scenes aren't nearly as badass as they could be, and that Gotham looks too clean, and that Joker, as awesome as he is, is a total change from his modern comics counterpart, etc...believe me, I see flaws. I just think the majority of the film was so damn fantastic that I tend to ignore the flaws, as in my mind, they aren't significant enough to make the film poor.
Now who said it was a poor film? I've said many times that I liked it. The thing that bugs me is that you give no room for improvement on anything if all you do is praise, praise, praise, and that's all you (and every other Nolan fanboy) have done for 3 years.

I hope you don't think that you can point out a few things and now be accepted as an unbiased viewer. Even in the above post, you show more blind praise to Chris. I'm sorry if my tone is coming off harsh, because all I'm trying to do is show you that things need some criticism. I want Batman Rises to be great, and "hating" on TDK is how I can suggest improvement. If all anyone talks about is how great the last one was, how do you get improvement? you only get more of the same. See?

WillKill4Food

JP Jones said:
The thing that bugs me is that you give no room for improvement on anything if all you do is praise, praise, praise, and that's all you (and every other Nolan fanboy) have done for 3 years.
Kongisking said:
Settled, I hope?
On another note,
featofstrength said:
Even so, are there still those out there that believe cat ears might show up?
WillKill4Food said:
...one of Hathaway's stunt-ladies was seen carrying what looked like a more feline mask.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Who needs an unbiased viewer anyhow? I'd rather have criticisms from a fan; they mean more, not less. I sure have been more impressed by a lot of the KotCS (and ToD, and LC, and even RotLA) criticism to be had here than in any other places.

JP Jones

Attila the Professor said:
Who needs an unbiased viewer anyhow? I'd rather have criticisms from a fan; they mean more, not less. I sure have been more impressed by a lot of the KotCS (and ToD, and LC, and even RotLA) criticism to be had here than in any other places.
In this case, they aren't fans so much as mindless followers. I don't need the opinion of someone who is all but programed to love Christopher Nolan. You can't just point out a few things and no longer be considered a mindless, biased robot.

The Man

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:368px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:680056/cp~vid%3D680056%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A680056" width="360" height="293" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Get More: <a href="http://www.mtv.com/movies/trailer_park/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movie Trailers</a>, <a href="http://moviesblog.mtv.com/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movies Blog</a></p></div></div>​

The Man said:
<div style="background-color:#000000;width:368px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:680056/cp~vid%3D680056%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A680056" width="360" height="293" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Get More: <a href="http://www.mtv.com/movies/trailer_park/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movie Trailers</a>, <a href="http://moviesblog.mtv.com/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movies Blog</a></p></div></div>​

"you only see 1/10th of what that suit can do."
That's great, Anne but...cat ears?

Meh.

Last edited: