TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Collecting Indy
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-18-2008, 09:34 PM   #26
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarn07
If they're not supposed to be sold yet, the guy is doing his job. I don't know where this whole "if it's on the shelf, you have to sell it to me" thing comes from. The computers nowadays help them out if for some reason some stupid stock boy who can't read a date on the box put them out early.

I can tell by your spelling/grammar you're not old enough to have a job. And I'm sure once you get a retail job, you'll realize you can get into big trouble selling things before the street date. I've worked at Hollywood and Blockbuster and I know this stuff. If for some strange reason something was put out that was not supposed to be out, and someone brought it up, I refused to sell it to them. Why? Because I would be written up or fired regardless who put it on the shelf. The computer showed I sold it. I was polite about it and they usually understood. If they exploded at me like you did (totally uncalled for dude; the more polite you are, the more willing they are to help you out), I told them they can go take their business elsewhere because the other stores didn't have it either so tough ****.

Sorry, gotta stick up for retail workers! They're not evil (most of them, from my experience at least), the corporations are. They have to follow the rules or they're either gonna get written up or be out of a job.

Now I am actually surprised that this even happened. Usually they focus on electronics (movies, music, video games, etc). Not toys! I've gotten plenty of toys no problem before the release dates. I've even gotten a movie early. But I've been denied a video game in the past and I was upset, but I knew they were just doing their jobs and decided to wait another two weeks. I'm sure you can do the same



yes my friend i have had a few jobs i work at a safeway right now the point is if its not for sale dont have it out it was their fault
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:40 PM   #27
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwynn
Katarn07 and mfisher; You make good points. But, my point was...and the most important point (to me) of that whole story was; the manager never should've said what he did to Nurachi...especially if what Nurachi posted is indeed what the manager said. The manager had no right to say what he did...he crossed a line that shouldn't be crossed; especially by a retail manager.

I've managed restaurants, movie theaters, and a retail store...and I would never have said something like that to a potential customer. Just not a smart move on his part, no matter how wrong he may have thought Nurachi was...

Not to mention the product was on the shelf and advertised for sale. Sorry guys, no dice, this guy was a dick.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:41 PM   #28
|ZiR|
IndyFan
 
|ZiR|'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Mexico / NYC
Posts: 1,226
"Aren't you a little old to be playing with Legos?"

What. The. Heck.

He may have been trying to do his job, and yeah, I'm sure he was annoyed at being call up to the register but that was completely inappropriate for him to say to a customer. Completely besides the point.

What a jerk. I mean, THEY make a mistake by placing an item they weren't supposed to out on the shelves, then when you try to buy it they won't sell it. And the manager throws in a snarky remark to top it all off. Fun days at your local Wal-Mart.
|ZiR| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:42 PM   #29
mfisher
IndyFan
 
mfisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 455
we're also getting one side of the story... anyone who gets escorted out of a store by security probably earned it... dead horse anyway...
mfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:42 PM   #30
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
And I can assure you I wouldnt have thrown a tantrum if some halfwit Walmart manager said something like that to me, theres a good chance he would have had my knuckles in his teeth. Then I would be happy to be escorted out.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:46 PM   #31
Vance
IndyFan
 
Vance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 663
I dunno, given how the story was told, I'm betting a few gold studs that the OP was a bit... rougher in his reactions, and the manager was nice at first, and dealing with one of 'those' customers.

I'll bet a Lego ruby that the OP hasn't worked in retail, either.
Vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:46 PM   #32
|ZiR|
IndyFan
 
|ZiR|'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Mexico / NYC
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfisher
we're also getting one side of the story... anyone who gets escorted out of a store by security probably earned it... dead horse anyway...

Whoa, yeah. I missed that part somehow.

OP, you cursed at the manager and called him an idiot. I can't say I wouldn't have been tempted to do the same, but two wrongs don't make a right. Best to keep a cool head in those situations.

Are you banned from Wal-Mart now? That'd be kinda cool.
|ZiR| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:07 PM   #33
tnswman
IndyFan
 
tnswman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: East, Tennessee
Posts: 1,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance
I dunno, given how the story was told, I'm betting a few gold studs that the OP was a bit... rougher in his reactions, and the manager was nice at first, and dealing with one of 'those' customers.

I'll bet a Lego ruby that the OP hasn't worked in retail, either.

And what does that mean? In my eyes, it is simple...If it's on the floor, it is SOLD!! I will jump in ANY employee's A$$ if the ysay a thing.. Even if I DON't get it, I will leave my mark.

There is a reason retail workers are retail workers.
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:11 PM   #34
RelicHunter
IndyFan
 
RelicHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
dude everyone hates wallmart but most people shop there

I don't know anyone who shops there "dude"
RelicHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:26 PM   #35
Vance
IndyFan
 
Vance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnswman
And what does that mean? In my eyes, it is simple...If it's on the floor, it is SOLD!! I will jump in ANY employee's A$$ if the ysay a thing.. Even if I DON't get it, I will leave my mark.

And be escorted out of the store, and possibly arrested, and deservedly so. You're old enough to know better.

Quote:
There is a reason retail workers are retail workers.

What? You never had a crap job in your life? Or you never moonlighted for some spare cash? Give me a break..
Vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:43 PM   #36
mfisher
IndyFan
 
mfisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 455
Quote:
I will jump in ANY employee's A$$ if the ysay a thing.. Even if I DON't get it, I will leave my mark.

There is a reason retail workers are retail workers.

wow.... "leave my mark"... over some action figures ?!? And you're supposed to have law enforcement experience ??? (then again the department you claim to have SWAT experience with has a grand total of 39 uniformed officers..) Regardless, your attitude is simply an embarrassment to our uniform.... anyone that would "jump in an employee's a$$" over not getting to buy toys doesn't deserve to be in a uniform to begin with... and then there is the comment about retail workers which is flat out insulting and arrogant.. your "trophy wife" must be so proud...
mfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:46 PM   #37
snake_surprise
IndyFan
 
snake_surprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 237
Gag me, tnswman.

Katarn is right with his well thought and written reproach.

This thread is downright embarrassing on so many levels.
snake_surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:04 PM   #38
Vance
IndyFan
 
Vance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 663
I dub this thread... "Internet Testicles"

^_^

But, yeah, I think it's served its purpose. The Crystal Skull toys are coming out, but a bit before 'release date'. Some stores will honor it, some won't... and, at worst, you have to wait *gasp* two weeks to get toys.
Vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:05 PM   #39
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
LoL "jump in his ass", you sound like Leon on Curb your Enthusiasm, I'd post the clip but it's wildly inappropriate.

And I have to disagree w/ you about Katarn being the next Martin Luther King of speeches because he regarded the stock people as even lower then the rest of the folks there which is no better.

The fact is I'm fairly sure TNS was probably exaggerating about getting in his ass. In fact im pretty sure no one has ever actually jumped into another human beings ass.

And there is no such thing as an embarassing thread, if your embarassed your wierd. And while Im at it I hate the police. Yea...
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:07 PM   #40
Crayfish
IndyFan
 
Crayfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 103
I like pizza.
Crayfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:10 PM   #41
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750


"I'm just getting warmed up!"
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:17 PM   #42
Katarn07
IndyFan
 
Katarn07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
And I have to disagree w/ you about Katarn being the next Martin Luther King of speeches because he regarded the stock people as even lower then the rest of the folks there which is no better.

Well who's fault is it that those toys magically appeared on the shelf? I'm pretty sure it wasn't that cashier or manager who put them out there. Remember, they were the ones that refused to sell the things. Mistakes are made. No one's perfect. I don't see why anyone there should have to risk their jobs just to make a bunch of people too old to be playing with toys happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnswman
There is a reason retail workers are retail workers.

That's pretty arrogant to say. I've worked with people that were laid off from their jobs and were stuck working there until something better came up. Not everyone there makes a career out of it. And even if that is their career, someone has to do it. Just be thankful you're better off. Customers with your attitude are why retail workers are so disgruntled to begin with....
Katarn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:22 PM   #43
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
Not to mention the product was on the shelf and advertised for sale. Sorry guys, no dice, this guy was a dick.



exactly he was a dick


i could tell when he came over everything i said he said it sharply back like i was a little kid
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:22 PM   #44
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarn07
Well who's fault is it that those toys magically appeared on the shelf? I'm pretty sure it wasn't that cashier or manager who put them out there. Remember, they were the ones that refused to sell the things. Mistakes are made. No one's perfect. I don't see why anyone there should have to risk their jobs just to make a bunch of people too old to be playing with toys happy.



That's pretty arrogant to say. I've worked with people that were laid off from their jobs and were stuck working there until something better came up. Not everyone there makes a career out of it. And even if that is their career, someone has to do it. Just be thankful you're better off. Customers with your attitude are why retail workers are so disgruntled to begin with....


Beacause for starters your store employee who you as the manager are responcible for, put them out and made the mistake and your store should back it's employee and honor that, not abandon him as the blame placed retard we keep in the back.

And secondly because it is no ones position to judge if your "old enough to play with toys." And by the way the reason I don't have to work a ****ty retail job bro, I sell those "toys" on ebay and make alot of money. So yea...
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:24 PM   #45
mindy muffles
Guest
 
mindy muffles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
yesterday at wallmart i go in and see th Kots legos i was like oh sweet i only had 10 bucks on me so i bought the jungle duel set it rang up fine and that was it. I wanted the jungle chase set really bad so i borried 20 bucks from my friend and we drove to wallmart after school to buy it. I go in and the display id torn down i was like ok....? so i go to the lego isle and the set is still there so i figured they must of moved it. I go to the register and it rings up as Not Allowed To Sell....... the girl goes sorry i cant sell it i go may i please speak to your manager shes like why? I said because i want to buy it............ so the manager comes and was a total ***** from the start he goes whats the problem. I said well i wanted to buy this and it diddnt ring up. he goes wel those have been recalled. Why i asked him. he said oh theres a part or something thats bad i cant sell it to you. I said well if your not going to sell them you should take them off the shelfs because that is very misleading. He says look dont tell me how to do my job kid and arent you a little old to be playing with legos! Than i lost it I was like look you ( insert swear word) your not doing your job because you should of taken them all off the shelfs if you wernt going to sell them idiot!!!! Than they called security and we got escorted out my friend was laughing the whole time

Cann I ask you a question?

Is it really worth getting that upset at a store manager over a friggin lego set? He's doing his job guy (or kid).

Maybe you should be a little less obsessed over all of this and get a life. It's lego's for Christ's sakes. I really hope you never, ever tell a female about this story or your already extremely slim chances of ever getting laid are pretty much shot.

Lego's dude...lego's, lol.
mindy muffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:27 PM   #46
Vance
IndyFan
 
Vance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
exactly he was a dick

Didn't sound like you were much better.

Quote:
i could tell when he came over everything i said he said it sharply back like i was a little kid

Judging from your profile, you're 16, right? You came in with a chip on the shoulder, threw a hissy, got the manager, threw ANOTHER hissy, and acted like a typical teenaged punk. What did you think an adult was going to do?
Vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:30 PM   #47
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan
 
Dr.Sartorius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,991
Quote:
Is it really worth getting that upset at a store manager over a friggin lego set? He's doing his job guy (or kid).

Its not the manager's job to be antagonistic towards a customer. Retail store employees are supposed to treat customer's respectfully.

Nurhachi probably should have demanded to speak to a district manager instead of arguing the way he did.
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:32 PM   #48
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy muffles
Cann I ask you a question?

Is it really worth getting that upset at a store manager over a friggin lego set? He's doing his job guy (or kid).

Maybe you should be a little less obsessed over all of this and get a life. It's lego's for Christ's sakes. I really hope you never, ever tell a female about this story or your already extremely slim chances of ever getting laid are pretty much shot.

Lego's dude...lego's, lol.

Where does this idea that if you collect legos or toys you cant get girlscome from? I get the feeling its alot of you guys who don't have experiance with women because I have never had a girl who wasn't actually more then a little excited by my collection. My last girlfriend played with my stuff more then I did. I buy it and put it on a shelf, actually don't like it to be touched, I come home and she's rearranged it all. Im talking about a 24 yr old women who graduated college and works for a dentist.

And let me reassure you all that having payed my way through flight school on my own (Around 25 thousand) that you can do pretty well for yourself selling toys.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:36 PM   #49
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
ok guys the manager wasnt nice when he came up to us i dont cause scenes i was just frustrated im just a 16 year old punk i guess i dont know






anyway just got back from wallmarts with the same buddy who i went to the other store with we went to three


the first two had the river escape and the crystal skull temple i tried to buy river escape again and no deal. I diddnt get mad because the people there were cool and said nicely sir im sorry but these arent for sale till the 1st of may......... all i needed to hear in the first place so i left


we went to one last wally world and they had the jungle cutter set and it was priced on the shelf for 39.99 i figured its in the system im good to go. So after pleading my friend to loan me 20 more dollars because i get my check on monday and would pay him back he agreed and i went up to purchase and guees what..........


Item Not For Sale


I was thinking **** the lady scanned it 3 times and it diddnt ring up so she says sorry i cant sell it. I said well i saw the price for 39.00 on the shelf i will go show you she said are you sure its 39.00 i said yeah im positive. than shes like ok fine i guess it got mixed up with another item. so i got it and wanted to get out right at the door the alarms beep and they asked to see my reciept i showed it to him and the door guy was like oh i cant wait to see that movie you guys have a goodnight


I got it!!!

Let us toast to my success at Walmart










Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:38 PM   #50
snake_surprise
IndyFan
 
snake_surprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
And there is no such thing as an embarassing thread, if your embarassed your wierd. And while Im at it I hate the police. Yea...
Embarrassing in the sense as to how immature, dorky, and greedy the commentary has gotten to this point.

Some people in this world are struggling to pay bills, find a job, stay healthy, not have their government crap all over them, etc...they have several things to complain about.

Other people whine about not getting plastic toys that whey are not supposed to have now anyway...and (gasp) could get them in a couple weeks anyway.

THAT is embarrassing.
snake_surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 AM.