TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Collecting Indy
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-18-2008, 11:42 PM   #51
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy muffles
Cann I ask you a question?

Is it really worth getting that upset at a store manager over a friggin lego set? He's doing his job guy (or kid).

Maybe you should be a little less obsessed over all of this and get a life. It's lego's for Christ's sakes. I really hope you never, ever tell a female about this story or your already extremely slim chances of ever getting laid are pretty much shot.

Lego's dude...lego's, lol.



can i ask you a question?


if you are so cool than why are you posting on an indy fansite? you know a site where fans talk about things indy related?


Yeah because i go to school every day and go hey ladies i collect legos and other indy stuff!! will you **** me now? no im not that extreme

and after that fiasco i went to my friends house and his girlfriend and her friends were telling me that it was awsome and badass that i got kicked out of a store over legos they thought it was funny


and gimmie a break im 16
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:43 PM   #52
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake_surprise
Embarrassing in the sense as to how immature, dorky, and greedy the commentary has gotten to this point.

Some people in this world are struggling to pay bills, find a job, stay healthy, not have their government crap all over them, etc...they have several things to complain about.

Other people whine about not getting plastic toys that whey are not supposed to have now anyway...and (gasp) could get them in a couple weeks anyway.

THAT is embarrassing.


No it really isn't tho. And don't give me the whole world in agony BS sob story. I don't feel pity for anyone who has the means to do better and simply didn't or still don't apply themselves.

I worked my ass off and wasn't given anything, and I say if people want to complain about plastic let them. It's an Indiana Jones board, people are talking Indiana Jones, bad or good, if you can't take the heat, get out of the thread. Im tired of having to consider every single person's feelings. Sometimes feelings are hurt. boohoo.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:46 PM   #53
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake_surprise
Embarrassing in the sense as to how immature, dorky, and greedy the commentary has gotten to this point.

Some people in this world are struggling to pay bills, find a job, stay healthy, not have their government crap all over them, etc...they have several things to complain about.

Other people whine about not getting plastic toys that whey are not supposed to have now anyway...and (gasp) could get them in a couple weeks anyway.

THAT is embarrassing.


Listen man you know nothing of my situation my parents are getting divorced my mom walked out on me and my dad 2 years ago and is living in california i rarely ever see her maybe 2 times a year.

my dad cant afford to keep our house so its in forclousre and we will be moving soon so im not going to graduate senior year with my friends who i have known since grade school

the only reason i got things like my jacket is because it was an early b day present from my mom

and im not even sure if im going to buy my wested because gas is pretty expensive i already sold my other jacket


so if i want to get upset over a little plastic toy i damn well will

Last edited by Nurhachi1991 : 04-18-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:49 PM   #54
Indy_Chic
IndyFan
 
Indy_Chic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991

I love the smiles on the 'baddies' faces! Pretty cool! And I'm glad your Indy Lego hunting adventure had a happy ending!
Indy_Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:50 PM   #55
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_Chic
I love the smiles on the 'baddies' faces! Pretty cool! And I'm glad your Indy Lego hunting adventure had a happy ending!



yeah and i really like how there called Russians and not just soliders
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:54 PM   #56
Vance
IndyFan
 
Vance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 663
You're SERIOUSLY not helping your case here. Do you honestly think there aren't people here who have had, or have now, things a lot worse than you?

Oh, your parents didn't love you so now you can be a complete prat at a shopping mall? Or one here? Give me a break. sure, maybe the manager was a dick, but neither that, nor your history excuse your behavior.
Vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:57 PM   #57
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
I agree Vance, Nurhacci handled the situation poorly, but because he is complaining about legos instead of starving to death he isn't allowed? Or is it that you just don't like what your hearing? If thats the case I suggest not coming in the thread, and again Im not defending Nurhacci's initial behavior, but if his problem is legos and he wants to vent let him. If you can't pay your rent and want to start a thread called "My Landlord the Bastard" do it up.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:57 PM   #58
snake_surprise
IndyFan
 
snake_surprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
No it really isn't tho. And don't give me the whole world in agony BS sob story. I don't feel pity for anyone who has the means to do better and simply didn't or still don't apply themselves.
This doesn't make any sense. You cannot categorize everyone's situation into one stubborn worldview like yours. But as you say below, this is about Indy...so let's get back to Indy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
I worked my ass off and wasn't given anything, and I say if people want to complain about plastic let them.
Sure, they can complain they cannot get some plastic they have no right to get yet, like I can voice my disgust on the former being vocalized on this thread.

Better yet, let's go to Spielberg's house and demand he release the movie now, because after all, it is done! We have a right to watch it right now! The nerve of him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
It's an Indiana Jones board, people are talking Indiana Jones, bad or good, if you can't take the heat, get out of the thread. Im tired of having to consider every single person's feelings. Sometimes feelings are hurt. boohoo.
I can take the heat...its not very hot. Only nerdy around here.
And I do not know what you mean with the feelings comment. You are definitely not hurting mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
Listen man you know nothing of my situation my parents are getting divorced my mom walked out on me and my dad 2 years ago and is living in california i rarely ever see her maybe 2 times a year.

my dad cant afford to keep our house so its in forclousre and we will be moving soon so im not going to graduate senior year with my friends who i have known since grade school

the only reason i got things like my jacket is because it was an early b day present from my mom

and im not even sure if im going to buy my wested because gas is pretty expensive i already sold my other jacket


so if i want to get upset over a little plastic toy i damn well will
Sorry about your situation. Not sure how smarting and pouting over toys help alleviate things...but you will figure it out I guess.
snake_surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:59 PM   #59
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Dude just shut up i dont need to hear that **** right now i could do without the BS comments not you (snake surprise) you vance





yeah i overreacted i made a fool of myself at least i can admit my mistake but when you have a lotta stress going on and your already in a bad mood and someone makes a comment like that your going to get mad and yeah i lost my cool so sue me


i understand people have had problems and im not saying mine are worse than anyone elses many people have worse than me but mine are bad enough and im not gonna take anymore **** than i already take
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:01 AM   #60
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake_surprise
This doesn't make any sense. You cannot categorize everyone's situation into one stubborn worldview like yours. But as you say below, this is about Indy...so let's get back to Indy...


Sure, they can complain they cannot get some plastic they have no right to get yet, like I can voice my disgust on the former being vocalized on this thread.

Better yet, let's go to Spielberg's house and demand he release the movie now, because after all, it is done! We have a right to watch it right now! The nerve of him!


I can take the heat...its not very hot. Only nerdy around here.
And I do not know what you mean with the feelings comment. You are definitely not hurting mine.



It makes perfect sense all those problems you said, people who can't pay there rent or people who don't make enough, There all in the same categorey. The Not my problem category. And allow me to vocalise my disgust for your disgust.

Again because Im not starving or poor I can't complain? Sorry I dont think so...

And btw don't let me catch you buying one damn Indy product, all your money better goto starving children.

And Im with you, Lets go to Speilbergs right now, Ill drive.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:07 AM   #61
snake_surprise
IndyFan
 
snake_surprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
It makes perfect sense all those problems you said, people who can't pay there rent or people who don't make enough, There all in the same categorey. The Not my problem category. And allow me to vocalise my disgust for your disgust.
Wow.
You must be a Republican.
(Yes, I am joking. In a way...kinda. Seriously though, it is your problem, but that is a different debate for a different day on a different forum).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
Again because Im not starving or poor I can't complain? Sorry I dont think so...
No, you cannot complain because the toys are not supposed to be sold until May 1st...get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
And Im with you, Lets go to Speilbergs right now, Ill drive.
I hope you got my sarcasm, though. I am trying to point out a comparison with all this silliness.

And even if we could demand to see it, I would be scared that if the film sucked, that would be a terribly long trip home.
snake_surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:07 AM   #62
Vance
IndyFan
 
Vance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 663
Internet Testicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
I agree Vance, Nurhacci handled the situation poorly, but because he is complaining about legos instead of starving to death he isn't allowed?

I think that the mindset of him being a 'hero' for standing up to 'the man' (Wal*Mart) is laughable and shows a profound immaturity. I think that showing this much ire, to the point of being kicked out of a store, over toys which are two weeks away from release anyway shows a profound stupidity. And I think that using a pretty pat sob story as an excuse for his terrible behavior in the situation is pretty pathetic.

So, really, I guess I don't like what I'm hearing. Oh, he's got the right to vent, to be sure, but no one is saying that... but we get the right to vent too, and point out just how idiotic this really is.
Vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:10 AM   #63
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake_surprise
Wow.
You must be a Republican.
(Yes, I am joking. In a way...kinda. Seriously though, it is your problem, but that is a different debate for a different day on a different forum).


No, you cannot complain because the toys are not supposed to be sold until May 1st...get over it.


I hope you got my sarcasm, though. I am trying to point out a comparison with all this silliness.

And even if we could demand to see it, I would be scared that if the film sucked, that would be a terribly long trip home.


Not Republican, Just came to the realisation that others aren't worth it, People will thank you and forget you before you leave. I care about me, my family and my friends, thats it.

I never complained about not getting toys tho? I'm complaining about not being able to complain.

and Of course I got the sarcasm, but lets do it anyway, I'll bring a bottle of Whiskey and we'll get Steven so drunk, we'll convince him he has to show us the film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance
I think that the mindset of him being a 'hero' for standing up to 'the man' (Wal*Mart) is laughable and shows a profound immaturity. I think that showing this much ire, to the point of being kicked out of a store, over toys which are two weeks away from release anyway shows a profound stupidity. And I think that using a pretty pat sob story as an excuse for his terrible behavior in the situation is pretty pathetic.

So, really, I guess I don't like what I'm hearing. Oh, he's got the right to vent, to be sure, but no one is saying that... but we get the right to vent too, and point out just how idiotic this really is.
I didnt call him a Hero or ever once complain about toys, just standing up for his right to be an angry man, plain and simple. I like angry controversial people.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:10 AM   #64
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Dude see now im getting pissed off its not a sob story its my life right now and im an angry person ok i was mad when it happened but im fine now and i stated



I acted like an idiot and made a fool of myself



So **** off


and Vance i hope you never lose your house or anything bad happens to you because it sucks man all i can say
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:11 AM   #65
snake_surprise
IndyFan
 
snake_surprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 237
Nurhachi, you need to go to bed.



snake_surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:12 AM   #66
Vance
IndyFan
 
Vance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 663
Internet Testicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
i understand people have had problems and im not saying mine are worse than anyone elses many people have worse than me but mine are bad enough and im not gonna take anymore **** than i already take

Well, you better, else you might as well jump off the bridge now and have done with it. Life has riches and rewards more than you can begin to imagine now, but it ain't easy to deal with. The only thing you can expect the world to give you is crap, everything else is what you make of it.

And, right now, all you're making is excuses.

You want better? Grow up, take some responsibility, and figure out what battles in life are really worth fighting. Getting kicked out of Wal*Mart over some Legos and then bragging about it on the internet was not exactly a positive step for you.

If you can't figure that out, then no one else can help you.
Vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:14 AM   #67
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
I think what'd be best is if we jsut started a Fight Club.

We could make soap from fat people.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:15 AM   #68
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
I think what'd be best is if we jsut started a Fight Club.



remember dont talk about fight club
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:15 AM   #69
Vance
IndyFan
 
Vance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
and Vance i hope you never lose your house or anything bad happens to you because it sucks man all i can say

Oh, that's so funny.

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest on who's had it rougher, but, at age sixteen, my father was on wife number four.

There's always a bigger fish.
Vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:16 AM   #70
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance
Well, you better, else you might as well jump off the bridge now and have done with it. Life has riches and rewards more than you can begin to imagine now, but it ain't easy to deal with. The only thing you can expect the world to give you is crap, everything else is what you make of it.

And, right now, all you're making is excuses.

You want better? Grow up, take some responsibility, and figure out what battles in life are really worth fighting. Getting kicked out of Wal*Mart over some Legos and then bragging about it on the internet was not exactly a positive step for you.

If you can't figure that out, then no one else can help you.



i wasnt bragging dude did i ever say i was joe cool for getting kicked out? no i said what happened and my friend was laughing at me yeah i said was cooler than the fonz there
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:17 AM   #71
snake_surprise
IndyFan
 
snake_surprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 237
When I was 16, Kurt Cobain died.

Game over, I win.
snake_surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:18 AM   #72
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance
Oh, that's so funny.

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest on who's had it rougher, but, at age sixteen, my father was on wife number four.

There's always a bigger fish.



Vance you dont care about my situation i dont care about yours im sure it was horrible for you im not saying anything otherwise


your not getting into a pissing contest?

Theres always bigger fish? sounds like it to me
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:19 AM   #73
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
remember dont talk about fight club

Sorry I thought I was talking to myself.

I think the important thing at the end of the day is we are all Indy fans, and seeinga s we all have computers, Im going on a limb to say none of us really have it bad. Anyway I enjoy a spirited arguement and would defend Vance or Snake in the same posistions, I think the important thing is we all find common ground which is that Women shouldn't be allowed to vote. LoL j/k sorry had to say something really contriversial before I went to bed.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:19 AM   #74
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake_surprise
When I was 16, Kurt Cobain died.

Game over, I win.


True lol
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:20 AM   #75
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
Sorry I thought I was talking to myself.

I think the important thing at the end of the day is we are all Indy fans, and seeinga s we all have computers, Im going on a limb to say none of us really have it bad. Anyway I enjoy a spirited arguement and would defend Vance or Snake in the same posistions, I think the important thing is we all find common ground which is that Women shouldn't be allowed to vote. LoL j/k sorry had to say something really contriversial before I went to bed.




lol well said Deckard
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 PM.