Fate of Atlantis on Amiga

Exulted Unicron

I recently picked up a cheap copy of Fate of Atlantis for the Amiga. Its boxed. The manual's there and all 11 disks. However, it is missing the code wheel. Does anyone have either a spare one I could trade or something for or tell me where i can get one?

many thanks in advance

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Do you need the code wheel to play the game or to have a complete collector's item?

Exulted Unicron

Both. I recently got myself an Amiga 1200 to run it on. I do have the CD version that also had LC on CD. That doesn't need the code wheel. But yeah, I'd like to play it on my Amiga with the joystick. I can't because there's no code wheel

Finn

Staff member
Did the game come with a manual booklet? And if it did, did you check it out?

If the answers are yes and no, and if the copy protection is the same as in the MS/DOS version, you might just notice that your cry for a code wheel has been all for naught.

If there's no documentation at all, well... I don't know where to acquire a hard copy, but ReplacementDocs repository has a wide range of digitized copies of manuals for various games. So while your collector-sense might not start tingling, at least it might enable you to play the game.

Exulted Unicron

I do have a mouse as well as the joystick. Yes, it does have the manual and all 11 floppy disks. However, checking the packaging thoroughly anf the manual, there is no code wheel.

Finn

Staff member
Exulted Unicron said:
However, checking the packaging thoroughly anf the manual, there is no code wheel.
I know you're dealing with the Amiga version here, so it might be different, but in the MS/DOS version the "code wheel" is actually printed in the headers and footers of the pages in the manual instead of being a separate piece.

Exulted Unicron

I know about that. I have the PC/DOS twinpack with Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure. The codes for both are printed in the manuals as well as the grail diary however, there's no need for them as its codeless.

The annoying thing is, I can't play my Amiga version of Fate of Atlantis without the code wheel/decoder. The codes are printed on the pages.