Wested`s Adventure Boots

Drones33

Any of you guys invested in a pair of Wested`s new Indy boots yet? They look very impressive, and reasonably priced. I'm quite keen to find out a bit more about the fit/feel etc before I pull the trigger on a pair.

micsteam

I'm itching to try a pair, I've been holding out for a real pair of Aldens but these look like something I might try in the meantime. If I should get them soon, I'll post pics and my review. I'll keep you all in the loop. :hat:

Major West

I don't have some, but I know people who do. It's a well made boot with a tough leather, tougher leather than actual Aldens (which is apparently quite soft). Not as luxuriant to wear as actual aldens, but very good for the price if you want replica boots.

I'll buy some myself at some point. £99 to regular customers. You may need to email to enquire about that.

Last edited:

Blackadder

As I have read, pretty good impressions, a little stiff , needs breaking, but that is normal. Wanted to pick ones myself after reviews but ofcourse my size 12 was gone...

Drones33

Got `em

I could rest no longer. Got a pair. And I must say they really are impressive. I thought they may have been a bit costumey, but no. Beautifully put together boots. The sizing is great too. I`m always a little hesitant to order footwear online(I wear a size 9 but use orthotic insoles for arch support, so sometimes have to go up a size,) but these fit really well. Bit stiff, but that's a good thing.
box_by_00177840-dbjs841.jpg

boots_1_by_00177840-dbjs870.jpg

boots2_by_00177840-dbjs8ae.jpg

dakota

Wested boots received yesterday and look fantastic after a quick inspection.

Not had a chance to road test them as of yet, maybe tomorrow.

Andy Senior

Wested boots

Hurrah! At last a good looking Indi boot available easily in the UK, we are blessed indeed. Guys are they true to size or should I drive down to Wested from Cambridge? Related for interest the Swayne and Adney shop in Cambridge has the new original poet hat stock, in the shop and cheaper than listed on line. It's rabbit, but very thick, blooming stiff.

dakota

I'm wearing my boots for the first time today and so far I am liking them a lot.

I ordered a size UK10 and I would say that they are true to size and very comfortable straight out of the box.

Two pairs of laces supplied, one round and one flat, swapped out the round ones as I didn't like the look of them.

The top coat finish looks as though it will weather pretty easily and I am already starting to see high spots around the natural creasing of the shoe which looks great.

I will probably wear them in for a couple of weeks and then looks to polish with either a brown or clear shoe polish / cream depending on how they look.

First impressions, a very well constructed comfortable boot at a very reasonable price for what you are getting.(y)