Spear of Destiny

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Yes I did. Here is the email I received from TwqPier almost a year ago:

<i>Originally said by TwqPier </i>
About the story.
We decided not to first write a whole static script or story because we thought that It would be more fun and also more unpredictable if we let everything just ?find there way.? Therefor the ?how? is not yet decided.
We basically had something though, and that goes as I described in the mail I sent.

Indy is on this dig in Tikal (some sort of introduction or prologue as we like to call it) and here he finds this amulet with markings even he or Marcus can?t comprehend. So they go to Algiers, where Sallah knows some kind of ancient guy who can translate it. But Marcus has to go to a meeting of archeologist first (in Cadiz) so he is dropped of there. There is it where the Nazis kidnap Marcus and attempt to kill Jones. The Nazis are after this amazing amulet too, you know. So Marcus thinks Jones is dead. And he is in Cadiz, while he should be in Algiers, to find Sallah.(and might even have an encounter with Omar al-Jabbar). He gets to Algiers, by solving a puzzle to lure a cargo ship. (The part till here is mostly done, at least until Jones rises a flag to get the ships attention, have you played it till there yet, by the way???) Till here it is just an introduction and the real quest has yet to begin.

So when he is in Algiers, he first has to help Sallah with this dig, and then he is showed the way to the old man who translates the inscriptions. They are about some mythical SPEAR OF DESTINY, to whoever he who possesses it, will wield incredible power(and so on and so on).
Here you will have the choice of going into the desert with Sallah (not nessicary, but usefull if you would like to get all the IQ points( not implanted yet )) or immediately go and find the two pieces of the spear: the BLADE and the STAFF. The Blade is at the archives of the meeting in Cadiz. And the staff is just a stick with a certain height (another quest to find out to get this is not yet developed. Once you get all the pieces (hours of adventuring in deserts, jungles, warehouses and so on and so fort later) you will unlock the entrance of an ancient temple in India, constantly trying to keep an advantage over the Nazis, and of course in the process rescuing Marcus and get out of the hands of the Nazis as the captured you?.

Where we go from here, I leave up to you.

And of course you may add or delete anything you wish.

TwqPier

did you get the flag raised in our demo?????
Let me know at theRaven

Last edited:

Urmel

Thank you very much, by the way do you know if anybody is planning to continue this fanadventure?

TwqPier

No, I don´t either. It´s nice to see that there are still people interested in SoD-Adventure-Kit, though. It feels very rewarding.
Thank you for that.

It´s nice to read the story again, btw!
Catch you on the flip side,
Twq

Urmel

As I don't have the time either I just work partly on it. So I am just practising what I can do with the sludge engine. The only things I have done yet are the translation of the dialogs into german and painting of some unfinished pictures in the adventure, i.e. the room with the trap.

My question to you TwqPier is:
Have you painted all the rooms on your own, because the look really like indy style, or have you used finished pictures?

I have a problem with the colorising.
Are there any graphic programs you can use to make shadows or use predefined textures?
For example a structure of wood.
My picture look too simple. There are no more than 16 colors.

This is your original picture
trap.gif

and this is my edited picture
trap4.gif

The pictures are only 2 and 3 KB big so I posted them directly.

Last edited:

TwqPier

Urmel said:

My question to you TwqPier is:
Have you painted all the rooms on your own, because the look really like indy style, or have you used finished pictures?

I tried to make the backgrounds all by myself at first, using the old fashioned way. (using the help of the people at amberfisharts.com) Yet I found that too time consuming, so I tried to make them with Paint Shop Pro. That went reasonably well, but I had to have some kind of start to work with. If you look at the 'shrine-room' in Spear Of Destiny, you can clearly see I used parts of backgrounds from the original Fate Of Atlantis. I think that's a really nice background, but others, like the start screen, are just copy's of FoA backgrounds, with some things added or removed.
Should I be continuing the project, I would make the background all by myself, using the tutorials from Misja van Laatum. ( http://www.barnettcollege.com/tutorials.htm )
That would be the best way to make original backgrounds, I think.

I will be more than happy to help you with any futher questions!

Twq

IAdventurer01

WEB SITE UP! YAY!

Well, its about time I dig this post out of the grave.

Spear of Destiny 3D has moved REALLY slow. Main reasons:

Old computer broke beyond repair
Had to assemble new REALLY SWEET one
School started
Bogged down with TONS of homework
Truthfully, I'm not sure what my partner has been working on instead...

Anyway, I finally put something interesting on my Website - sample music + tiny plot blurb. So, here's the link.
www.geocities.com/Crossedgun

IAdventurer01

VP said:
I can help you to make a a better site.

I'm very happy with how the site is starting to shape up, but I'm always looking for ways to improve it. So sure, VP. I would love your help!

BTW: I realized there were a couple of broken links on the site. They are now fixed.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
First step: Get rid of that logo. Here's a better one that I just made:

spear_of_destiny.gif

VP

Moderator Emeritus
How do I do it? Well, first I took this picture I had made before:

indiana_jones.jpg

Then I changed the background to red and wrote the text in an Indy font. Then I made a stroke and a shadow.

IAdventurer01

woah

I checked out my site again recently and the geocities ad things were HUGE! Don't know if anyone else has the same issue. I'm new at website building, so if anyone can offer help to elimate this problem, it would be much appreciated.

Urmel

another solution for you to view your website without ad is to use a browser such as firefox. there is a filter called "adblock" which is able to block images, scripts, etc.

IAdventurer01

I AM using firefox! Actually, for me Internet Explorer works better for this. If noone else if having this problem, then I don't really care. If anyone is however, any suggestions for different FREE servers?