Movie on album

allan

My wife has told me many times that she use to have the audio to the movie on album, not the soundtrack, but the actual dialogue. Is anyone familiar with this, I would like to track it down for her and surprise her with it. If it is available on CD, that would be even better.

Thanks

Jay R. Zay

there often is a second audio layer available for blind people. don't know if indiana jones has it but a request at lucasfilm could answer this question for you. also you could ask TV stations, at least in germany it is quite established by some stations to send two different mono signals on the stereo channel, so for example you can hear the english + the german version of a movie or the normal version + the version including a narrating voice for blind people.

Stoo

Yes, I remember this as my friend's brother had it. Before the movie came
out on VHS, this LP was a pretty cool thing to have. The full title you're
looking for is "Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Movie on Record" and it was
released by Columbia Records in 1981. The dialogue, sound effects and
music were squeezed down to fit into 1 hour. Drew Struzan did the wicked
cover painting (Indy & Marion standing behind the Ark) and it came with a
poster. Man, I wish I had this today...

Not sure if it was ever released on CD but, if so, I'd be very surprised!
Good luck in your search, allan...and welcome to The Raven!:whip:

roundshort

I remember that, my buddy Joel Zigler, had it, this was before VCR's (or at least before we had VCR's) we used to listen to that thing almost every week! THats funny! And, Stoo is correct, the cover art was pretty awesome.

allan

Thanks so much. I appreciate it. I have sent an email to Columbia Records to see if I can track one down. If you know of where I can locate one, I would appreciate it.

My wife sits there and does the entire dialoge of the movie, so I thought she would like this 'blast from the past'

Cheers

Lon

I actually have this in my collection. It's a record album of the movie (edited down though).

JK_Antwon

this thing sounds really cool! you have me curious about the cover art! if anyone can find the art and post it that would cool!