The thing you and ONLY you think you noticed

Stoo

In the "Doom" title on the DVD, you can see the word "of" through Willie's dress.
Never noticed this in the theatre or the VHS.

InVader

I'm pretty sure when I watch raiders that I'm the only one of my friends to note that during the marketplace chase, one of the guys gets stabbed by one of his buddies and the next shot shows a Bad guy Shish Kabob with some apples nicely run through with the same sword :D . Oh, and I love to point out Indy and his diggers walking right behind Belloq when they're at the dig site at Tanis.

The Golden Idol

I noticed that Jock's two lines have two different accents. When he says "That's just my pet snake Reggie", he sounds English, but when he says "Come on, show a little backbone", he sounds American.

The_Raiders

The Golden Idol said:
I noticed that Jock's two lines have two different accents. When he says "That's just my pet snake Reggie", he sounds English, but when he says "Come on, show a little backbone", he sounds American.

He sounds like a red neck to me when he says "Thats just my pet snake Reggie." I must agree with him sounding english for the other line thoufg.

nitzsche

Anyone mention that Mola Ram takes off his headdress twice before slipping into the escape door under the Kali statue?

Kooshmeister

Ronald Lacey's male-pattern baldness as Toht was apparently faked. When they're trekking across the island at the end, and he takes his hat off, you can see where Lacey shaved his head.

He has very dark hair so it's pretty obvious, but only in that scene. It's not obvious (or even noticeable) in the Raven shootout, probably because it's dimly lit whereas the island trek is in broad daylight.

Lacey himself was not balding, I don't think, since he had a full head of hair as Ikol in Red Sonja. I guess they just wanted Toht to be going bald for some reason.

|ZiR|

Kooshmeister said:
Ronald Lacey's male-pattern baldness as Toht was apparently faked. When they're trekking across the island at the end, and he takes his hat off, you can see where Lacey shaved his head.

He has very dark hair so it's pretty obvious, but only in that scene. It's not obvious (or even noticeable) in the Raven shootout, probably because it's dimly lit whereas the island trek is in broad daylight.

Lacey himself was not balding, I don't think, since he had a full head of hair as Ikol in Red Sonja. I guess they just wanted Toht to be going bald for some reason.

I thought it looked weird when they showed Raiders on USA the other day! How strange that they made him shave it; I wonder if they originally planned more scenes without the hat. :confused:

ValenciaGrail

Austrailian / Brooklyn Jock

Jock's two lines of dialogue in ROTL have always been a bit of a burr under my saddle...they were clearly dubbed by two different people:

Austrailian Jock:
"That's just moy pet snike, Reggie (Crikey!)"

Brooklyn Jock:
"C'mon, show a little backbone, will ya? (Ya got a problem with that?)"

Given the Yankees hat (and the name "Reggie" for the snake), I guess the real Jock is the latter...

Attila the Professor

Staff member
God'sRadio said:
No sub-machine on earth breaks open like that when the magazine is emptied.

It doesn't look at all as though it breaks open. It looks like it ran out of bullets, and he knows it, so he lowers the gun and sits down.

I also think that the character is supposed to fall off the back of the boat, and not properly make the jump.

Dust McAlan

For the longest time, I thought that Last Crusade had the biggest film goof ever: when Indy is looking down at the X in the library, you can clearly see it, but when he breaks through the tiles, it ain't there anymore. I only recently noticed that the X is indeed there, but very close to matching the color of the surrounding tiles, so up close it's almost invisible.

ReggieSnake

ValenciaGrail said:
Jock's two lines of dialogue in ROTL have always been a bit of a burr under my saddle...they were clearly dubbed by two different people:

Austrailian Jock:
"That's just moy pet snike, Reggie (Crikey!)"

Brooklyn Jock:
"C'mon, show a little backbone, will ya? (Ya got a problem with that?)"

Given the Yankees hat (and the name "Reggie" for the snake), I guess the real Jock is the latter...
Not necessarily two different people; remember Fred Sorenson is a pilot, not an actor. I think if anything it was a bad replication of accents by Sorenson. Also, accents kind of blend when yelling over an airplane engine; Words like my and snake could easily sound Australian if yelled, even when someone is not attempting a Brooklyn accent.

People seem to mention this a lot. It has never bothered me. I think he sounds distinctly American for both lines.

Ignatius Stone

In Last Crusade, I always thought the line where the German butler says "If you're a Scottish lord, then I am Mickey Mouse" really sounded dubbed, just the "Mickey Mouse" part. Listen to it again, and you'll notice it.

Years later, I found out that it was dubbed!

There were two alternate takes for that line, one where he says "then I am Jesse Owens" and one where he says "then I am Mae West".

They decided to go with Mickey Mouse because Lucas and Spielberg figured the kids in the audience wouldn't know who Jesse Owens or Mae West were.

AnImaginaryBoy

I always love the little bit of finger acting Harrison does at the opening of Raiders of the Lost Ark after he tells Satipo to stay there when they trigger off the floor trap. It's very tiny, but he just rubs his fingers together, and for somoe reason, I just find that terribly amusing!

Michael24

Dust McAlan said:
For the longest time, I thought that Last Crusade had the biggest film goof ever: when Indy is looking down at the X in the library, you can clearly see it, but when he breaks through the tiles, it ain't there anymore. I only recently noticed that the X is indeed there, but very close to matching the color of the surrounding tiles, so up close it's almost invisible.

My mom had this exact same issue for years, and I thought I'd never convince her otherwise, no matter how hard I tried, that the X was still there in the close-up. Eventually, though, she got it. :)

Ignatius Stone said:
In Last Crusade, I always thought the line where the German butler says "If you're a Scottish lord, then I am Mickey Mouse" really sounded dubbed, just the "Mickey Mouse" part. Listen to it again, and you'll notice it.

I don't remember thinking it looked dubbed (though I remember the "Jesse Owens" bit being in the novelization), but I always noticed that Harrison Ford seems to be subtlely mouthing the butler's own lines as he says "...and we have many tapestries."

And at one point, in the background, someone can be seen walking by through a gap in the door frame. You could say perhaps it's just a guard or something, but it was probably really a crew member.

Marty Jones

Here's something I'm convinced that most (if not all) of you missed from Raiders of the Lost Ark. Right after the scene where the Monkey Man and his pet monkey salute the Germans, there's a shot with Indiana and Marion walking out into the street. On the right side of the screen in front of the big dirt pile, there's a shovel standing up. Just as the scene starts, the shovel falls down on its own. I'll bet not many of you ever caught that before.

That one always makes my chuckle. :D

oki9Sedo

When Indy says "Then we'll die!" to Kazim on the motorboat, it was clearly dubbed. He's mouthing something else.

I'm sure it's Vic Armstrong in the spike chamber scene in TOD where Willie runs in screaming " Get them off me! Get them off me! They're all over me!". Indy, kneeling in the doorway, glances up at her and looks down again. It doesn't quite look like Harrison.