Sean Patrick Flanery

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Stoo said:
So it did.:eek: 1995. Have you seen it, Mitch? If so, did you like it?

Seen it. It's an intriguing film- and it also has Jeff Goldblum in it. It's certainly one of Flanery's better films. I haven't seen either of the Boondock films, but they are avaliable so eventually will rent them out. I also saw a few years back, a movie called "Guinevere" in which Flanery plays King Arthur. Don't bother with that one. That's crap.

And technically wouldn't it be a during Young Indy film, as some scenes from Young Indy were filmed post-1995 according to the 2000 VHS releases?:p

Montana Smith

Demon Hunter wasn't that bad. It was a bit like a sexed up version of Buffy, with SPF as Buffy.

He's a half-demon bounty hunter on contract to the Catholic church. But he doesn't like his bosses much, and gets to verbally abuse some priests.

Colleen Porch is an Angelina Jolie lookalike, which is a good trick to pull on a low budget.

More fun than The Exorcist, anyway.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Sean sure makes us proud...

Boondock Saints II Commentary review

Another running gag involves the phrase ?Squeezer to the dome!?, apparently a joke gesture in which someone mimes masturbating, then flinging semen at someone else?s head. Duffy and Flanery love this phrase, and repeat it upward of 50 times throughout the track, in response to nudity, jack-off jokes, people being shot or hit in the head, people having guns held to their heads, characters being generally screwed over, or general sexual excitement. Again, whenever one of them says it, the other repeats it, usually louder and in a different silly accent, and then they bounce it back and forth a couple times, guffawing wildly. Similarly, whenever Connolly?s character, Il Duce, shows up onscreen, Duffy and Flanery work through various mispronunciations?Il Douche, Il Doooose, etc.?in various goofy voices. They also really like the phrase ?homo queersicle? to describe any man showing any emotion other than rage or contempt.

Stoo

If you get the U.K. channel, Film4, turn it on RIGHT NOW. They are showing a movie called, "Simply Irresistable", with Sean Patrick Flanery.

It started 15 minutes ago. Here's the description:

"A woman with no talent for cooking makes a success of her family restuarant with the help of a magic crab. Romantic comedy, with Sarah Michelle Gellar and Sean Patrick Flanery."

MAGIC CRAB?:eek:

Stoo

RaiderMitch said:
Saw it when it came out. It is actually very well done and better than the run of the mill teen angst/ outsider movie.
Violet said:
Seen it. It's an intriguing film- and it also has Jeff Goldblum in it. It's certainly one of Flanery's better films.
I finally managed to see, "Powder", and enjoyed it. An interesting premise and a good cast so I agree with both of you.

When the film came out, I didn't now Flanery was in it but do remember people were trying to boycott "Powder" because of the person who directed it.:eek: