Which Indiana Jones Character are you most like?

Who are you most like?

• Total voters

Joe Brody

Deadlock said:
Jay? I think he disappeared in the post-Temple Exodus along with Paden.

Jay. That's the guy. When I noticed that he stopped posting, I thought of volunteering to provide counsel to the GITMO (Guantánamo) detainees in case the CIA had him stashed there . . . I figure the guy might need a hand.

This place is lacking without a German to kick around. The Finns are just too easy a target.

IndyJr.

does dressing up as Indiana Jones and getting into micheive in the woods and finding old things that are actually worth much mean anything? getting hurt and almost being killed multiple times? I wonder who I'm like? :hat:

Joe Brody

Attila the Professor said:
As for Joe Brody = Katanga = the Ark...that I don't know what to do with.

I think this summary I wrote for this threadoffers why I identify most with Katanga.

Joe Brody said:
Charismatic Captain of the pirate freighter ?Bantu Wind? hired by Sallah to transport the Ark. The enigmatic cigar-smoking pirate helps to keep some tension in the plot during a ?lull? as the Bantu Wind scenes transition the action from Egypt to the secret submarine base. After being boarded, Katanga?s clever attempt to save Marion by claiming her as a spoil backfires when the Germans are repulsed by the thought of Katanga keeping ?the girl.? Claims that Katanga?s play for Marion reveal a true scoundrel miss the mark ? Indy clearly trusts Katanga, Katanga never does anything to betray Indy, and Katanga?s bold lie that he killed Jones facilitates Indy?s escape. Katanga?s focus on protecting Indy and Marion offers a refreshing contrast to the German?s (and Indy's) obsession with the Ark.

Notably, of the many summaries I wrote, Katanga was the first.

Viper

I haven't taken the test yet, but I'm probably a lot like Sallah. I help my friends whenever I can, and I hate it when they curse (only 1 friend does though). I'm also sort of like Kazim. Sallah/Kazim hybrid. I have one friend who is a ton like Indy. He's probably my best friend.

Hmm, took the test and it says I'm most like Brody. BTW you should make one for all the movies, or one for each.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Viper said:
Hmm, took the test and it says I'm most like Brody. BTW you should make one for all the movies, or one for each.
I'm going to do that...making those quizes takes some thinking and my brain was played out after that first one. Soon though.

Joe Brody said:
Intriguing test -- I'm the Ark. What's up with that? All I want to be is Katanga.
Sorry, Katanga isn't an option...perhaps in v.2.0.1 he will be.

Viper

Thinking about characters got me started on Kazim. Is there a Kazim avatar? Hopefully in the 250 and up?

Finn

Staff member
Viper said:
Thinking about characters got me started on Kazim. Is there a Kazim avatar? Hopefully in the 250 and up?
Kazim requires 2000 posts, so you still have a few posts to go...

Niteshade007

On the quiz, I got Indiana Jones, which I would not have expected. If anything, I would have expected Sallah or Belloq. It will be interesting to see who I get from the Temple of Doom quiz. I thought I was Willie, but maybe I'm wrong.

Viper

Young Indy for me. A big factor was probably my age.

EDIT: Finn, that's just mean :(

Last edited:

Viper

To make myself feel better, I took the quiz again and intentionally got Kazim. It helped me calm down. But now that I think about it, I'm depressed again, because I still need 1800 more posts. Any suggestions?

Niteshade007

Post lots of ignorant things on every thread. Like if someone asks a question, write "I don't know."

Not really, of course. I need a few more to get the one I want too. It's only 500 posts, so not really as far off as yours, but I can sympathize with you.

Also, I'm a bit surprised by some of the results. Obviously I was surprised that there were so many Indy people out there. I didn't think there were that many heroes out there...

I'm surprised no one has considered themselves a Belloq, my second choice if I had to pick another. In a way, he is the same person as Indy, just a darker reflection. Yet someone picked Elsa, who was essentially a female version of Belloq. I expected a lot of Marcus Brody's, but I also expected more Sallah's and Marion's out there. There is only one Sallah and no Marion. For being such a well liked character, a lot of people don't see themselves in her.

The other results I'm not so surprised by. I mean, no one would have picked Mola Ram, an essentially evil force, and Donovan is a watered down version of Belloq without anything interesting to say. I expected to be the only to say Willie because not very many people seem to like her as a character.

Last edited:

Viper

I voted Sallah, but as I said, I'm more of a hybrid Sallah/Kazim.

I was going to make an Indy quiz, but I couldn't think of good descriptions for all the characters, so instead I made a "which of my friends are you most like" quiz.

While typing this I had an idea- "Which Indiana Jones author are you most like?"

With questions such as "Are you dead?", "Do you write a lot of 'love' scenes?", and "Are you German?"

Finn

Staff member
Viper said:
EDIT: Finn, that's just mean :(
Yeah, I feel you. With your current rate, it's going to take a bit over three years to get there.

I have a feeling though, that the avatar system is going under review some time in the future, so keep your fingers crossed.