Topps Heritage: Indiana Jones Trading Card Set

neko

DSC01235.jpg

Hey Guys.. it has been a while since I have posted around here. Here is the first look at the up and coming Indy Trading Card set from Topps. This photo of the one sheet was taken at a card show in NY over the weekend.

I am very honored to have my artwork(the two sketch samples) displayed on the sell sheet. :hat:
As soon as I have a scan of the sell sheet I will post a better version.

Anyway this set will encompass the first three films!! I can't wait to dig into the sketch cards.

metalinvader

Awesome news!! I have the all the other card sets in a binder,I can't wait to add this one.

Man,Us Indy collectors are going to be broke next year!

Indy's Fist

WOW! Just WOW man! Finally Indy collectors can rejoice. After years of domination of SW in the market place, Indy gets his turn!

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
That is great news! I cannot wait to add them to my collection!

Question - was there ever a set of cards for "Last Crusade"?

metalinvader

Mitchellhallock said:
That is great news! I cannot wait to add them to my collection!

Question - was there ever a set of cards for "Last Crusade"?

Nope.Just Raiders,Temple and Young Indy.
I think this set makes up for the lack of Crusade cards(y)

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
In the poster I can see 2 pictures that were in the previous sets: Indy grabing the idol and wielding whip and sword. I hope they are not copying themselves.

metalinvader

Sakis said:
In the poster I can see 2 pictures that were in the previous sets: Indy grabing the idol and wielding whip and sword. I hope they are not copying themselves.

Well,They are in the 'Retro' style.But when you think about it how many different images can they make that where not in the Raiders and Temple set?Not many.I wonder if KOTCS is included in this set or does it just cover the classic three.

snake_surprise

Bubble Gum?

Interesting how they are putting gum in the packs...old school.
I hope the gum does not ruin the Karen Allen autograph in any pack...

tnswman

You folks do realize that Harrison signed several Topps Autograph holograms that go on he Signature cards back when he did his private signing with Toops & CoolWaters right?

only 10 were issued in the Star Wars set... and the rest will be put into the Indy sets...

The owner of the Official Star Wars Autograph shop Officialpix was telling about it at Rebelscum.com

So, getready to pay at least $3,000-$10,000 for a Topps Harrison "indy" autograph card. Remember, The Star Wars card went for $9,000 on ebay.

tnswman said:
So, getready to pay at least $3,000-$10,000 for a Topps Harrison "indy" autograph card. Remember, The Star Wars card went for $9,000 on ebay.

Not me. I may have a lot of stuff, but there's no way I'm paying more then a couple of hundred for anything. I'll watch those auctions but I'm not going to have any part in the bidding. I guess I'll be buying a box or two just to see if I can make a complete set, I hope they don't charge too much.

tnswman

neko said:
Those were all Star Wars cards...he has not signed for Indy...not yet anyway.

Nope, you are wrong... The owner of the Official Star Wars autograph store confirmed tha the signed a BUNCH of Hologram Stickers for Topps.. only 10 were used in Star Wars.

the rest are for the 2 Indiana Jones card sets.

Topps no longer has the stars sign the actual cards, they sign hologram stickers that are placed ON the cards.

Please refer tothe post that I mentioned to see for yourself.

Still, the card will go for THOUSANDS!!

tnswman

Edward The Head said:
Not me. I may have a lot of stuff, but there's no way I'm paying more then a couple of hundred for anything. I'll watch those auctions but I'm not going to have any part in the bidding. I guess I'll be buying a box or two just to see if I can make a complete set, I hope they don't charge too much.

Authentic Harrison Fords have gone for $200-$800 for 20 years now. The 1st Topps Star Wars card sold for $10 grand. the 1st Indy card will probably bring as much or more.

It sounds like Official Pix may be doing a signing with Harrison that will include signed 8x10's from Indy and Star wars.. The photos will cost $300-$500 and come with an OFFICIAL Lucasfilm COA.. Something huge is in the works for sure now that OP has the rights to the Indy pictures.

neko

tnswman said:
Nope, you are wrong... The owner of the Official Star Wars autograph store confirmed tha the signed a BUNCH of Hologram Stickers for Topps.. only 10 were used in Star Wars.

the rest are for the 2 Indiana Jones card sets.

Topps no longer has the stars sign the actual cards, they sign hologram stickers that are placed ON the cards.

Please refer tothe post that I mentioned to see for yourself.

Still, the card will go for THOUSANDS!!
Actually...Official Pix did NOT have anything signed with Harrison...because COOL WATER PRODUCTIONS are the ones who lined up the autos for the Star Wars set with Topps. Harrison signed TEN for the set and a few more for his personal use (much like the artists get six cards back for personal use). Now if they were thinking that far ahead six months ago when this was done then they may have gotten some done for an Indy set. But as far as I know, my editor at Topps has not mentioned them. But that doesn't mean they are not trying to get it done.

tnswman

neko said:
Actually...Official Pix did NOT have anything signed with Harrison...because COOL WATER PRODUCTIONS are the ones who lined up the autos for the Star Wars set with Topps. Harrison signed TEN for the set and a few more for his personal use (much like the artists get six cards back for personal use). Now if they were thinking that far ahead six months ago when this was done then they may have gotten some done for an Indy set. But as far as I know, my editor at Topps has not mentioned them. But that doesn't mean they are not trying to get it done.

MY GOD...PLEASE READ THE POSTS!! Official Pix is working on their OWN harrison signing. Derek at Coolwaters did the 1st signing for his company and Topps. My company works with Derek monthly and Ben from OP is correct, harrison signed more than just 10 stickers. 10 were for the SW set like I MENTIONED..the remainders were for the Indy cards.

You have to be off the rocker if you think Topps was not planning the Indy sets last year when pre-production of the movie had started...Topps paid Harrison a GREAT amount of $ and they did not just buy 10 autographs. Harrison charged Derek somewhere in the $300 range for each signature on the posters.

Look for Ben and Official Pix to set the 8x10 prices at $400+ each. I know Ben is working hard to get this signing done. However, the Topps deal is DONE and over.

tnswman

neko said:
Those were all Star Wars cards...he has not signed for Indy...not yet anyway.

you need to realize that he signed STICKERS that go ON the cards, Not the actual cards. the stickers are holographic and come on sheets just like cards do.

neko

tnswman said:
you need to realize that he signed STICKERS that go ON the cards, Not the actual cards. the stickers are holographic and come on sheets just like cards do.
I do realize that.. I WORK WITH TOPPS!!

Whatever..don't really care ..I am sure the autos will come through..doesn't really matter how they get there.

Last edited: