Why Did They Not Use This Poster?!?!?

Henry

Hugh Fleming

IJATKOTCS1.jpg

The Crystal Skull Posters were disappointing...across the board.

There was a landscape banner that was just the bottom scene from one of the posters, Indy running from the Ugahs, the temple/pyramis in the background.

WrathofGod

Rocket Surgeon said:
That Fleming poster is nice, but it's just fan work right? It's not official.

A friend of mine knows Hugh and said Hugh had been commissioned by Lucasfilm to create artwork for the film, that may be it.
I can get a confirmation.

Last edited:

Darth Vile

Rocket Surgeon said:
That Fleming poster is nice, but it's just fan work right? It's not official.

If it's simply fan work, it's of a very high standard... although I still prefer the Drew Struzan teaser and release poster.

WrathofGod said:
A friend of mine knows Hugh and said Hugh had been commissioned by Lucasfilm to create artwork for the film, that may be it.
I can get a confirmation.

That would be good to know...it is very well crafted, although the composition would probably be tinkered with to complete a poster for the film.

I like the Russian flag...it's bold but I don't think it would have made it to a "finished product" His rendition of Indy is one of the best new works.

The posters as is make Indy look stunted or dreary. The one further back the thread places his head too low on his neck and feels uncomfortable, just to look at! Others make him too pale and too ragged, or at least ragged from waking up in the morning, and without that look of resolve.

caats

Rocket Surgeon said:
The Crystal Skull Posters were disappointing...across the board.

disagree cause of that one where it's just Indy standing. actually one of my favorites.

caats said:
disagree cause of that one where it's just Indy standing. actually one of my favorites.

When I look at that one the shoulders,neck and head are all wrong...

It's as though the neck and head were painted on a different body.

That or he's hunched, and or is transforming into the hulk...

It remains one of the better ones though...

Morning Bell

One thing I find weird is that I never saw a tagline for this film. Maybe they felt that Indy's return was enough but I loved how the other three had a pulp-like tag to go with them.

"If adventure has a name, it must be Indiana Jones.":whip:

StoneTriple

Morning Bell said:
I loved how the other three had a pulp-like tag to go with them.

Raiders didn't originally have a tag line on the one sheet. It only mentioned the character was from the creators of Jaws & Star Wars.

Still my favorite, by far, of all the one sheets they've ever done for the franchise.

Raiders_Of_The_Lost_Ark.jpg

Darth Vile

StoneTriple said:
Raiders didn't originally have a tag line on the one sheet. It only mentioned the character was from the creators of Jaws & Star Wars.

Still my favorite, by far, of all the one sheets they've ever done for the franchise.

Raiders_Of_The_Lost_Ark.jpg

Yep - This and the TOD teaser are the most quintessential and memory inducing Indiana Jones images for me. This one from Raiders, because it was the front cover of the paperback novel (which I read meticulously prior to original release)… and the TOD teaser, because it adorned the first original soundtrack I actually bought myself, with hard earned pocket money (vinyl LP too). :D

Deadlock

indyclone25 said:
here is the picture
indy20crystal20skull20-20whip.jpg

I can't decide whether it reminds me of Temple of Doom or Madden. :confused:

There's something very footballish about that pose...

madden_09_front.jpg

Indy = Favre? In more ways than one, I should think.

Last edited:

Dr.Jonesy

Professor Jones said:
I wonder how a KOCTS poster by Adam Hughes would have been...

his works on Indy are marvellous:

http://adamhughes.deviantart.com/art/Indiana-Jones-Puzzle-Card-106371444

I wouldn't mind seeing that, but I still would've wanted them to stick with Drew Struzan, regardless.

I'm hoping Drew comes out of retirement for one more Indy posters. God, movie posters today suck without him...

He could make a poster for a film about Meatballs and Poop and make you want to see it.

:cool:

DocWhiskey

Yeah, I always liked that one too even though he doesn't wear his jacket in the warehouse scene. I remember seeing it at a few bus stops. But I believe the versions I seen simply said "Indy" with the release date underneath. I always loved that. That all they had to write was "Indy" and everyone knew what it was for.