Stop the Press!!!

Raiders of Clay

OK, I love the Indy comics. There a lot of fun. I do think though that If you keep making these Indy stories they won't have anything else to search for and there will be no 5th installment.

TheMutt92

I see where you're coming from. I mean, thats why we're never gonna get an Indy film featuring Atlantis :(

jason10mm

Bah, I think the movies are more than willing to trample all over the comics. Even if they "reboot" the series with a new actor drawing inspiration from the comic Macguffins isn't a bad thing, IMHO.

I think Indy could live BEST in comic or cartoon form. The movies have such a rediculous expectation (from Speilberg and Lucas, if not us) they will always take too long and require too much effort to practically feed the Indy hunger out there. Carefully planned comics and cartoons can easily bridge the gap between movies and flesh out the character. Imagine a cartoon series of the quality of the Batman series in the 90s (even the newer ones are pretty good) and the current comic series as a monthly, with the kind of continuity quality of Star Wars. AWESOME!

Indy just doesn't work as well as a book character, IMHO, he is too visual and action oriented.

Dewy9

jason10mm said:
Indy just doesn't work as well as a book character, IMHO, he is too visual and action oriented.

That's the same way I feel about Star Wars, but I think Indy works better of the two in book form.