National Geographic Adventure of Archaeology Exhibition

The site is up, tickets are on sale: indianajonestheexhibition.com

5146572367_43eece562c_z.jpg

Dr.Sartorius said:
Huh? I'm just expressing my personal disappointment that I won't be going to this show in the foreseeable future. I'm happy for the people who are able to go to it.I'm not sure why you are bringing up something I said in another thread.
Well, you're an understanding fellow. It's not hard to imagine someone thinking the lack of Indy V conversation on The Tonight Show is more interesting to you than The Exhibition being some proof of life.:rolleyes:

Ironclaw

I'm just expressing my personal disappointment that I won't be going to this show in the foreseeable future. I'm happy for the people who are able to go to it

Yeah, I saw this and got all happy...only to be crushed by the sadness that it won't be anywhere near until 2012 (if that...I doubt the Carnegie in Pittsburgh will get it).

Dr.Sartorius

Rocket Surgeon said:
The site is up, tickets are on sale: indianajonestheexhibition.com

5146572367_43eece562c_z.jpg

Well, you're an understanding fellow. It's not hard to imagine someone thinking the lack of Indy V conversation on The Tonight Show is more interesting to you than The Exhibition being some proof of life.:rolleyes:

You're taking what I said out of context and blowing it way out of proportion. Way to go.

AnnieJones said:
I love how you get to use the brush as a way to dust the sand(and or dust)off of the Indiana Jones the Exhibition website.
It's a nice little touch.(y)

Dr.Sartorius said:
You're taking what I said out of context and blowing it way out of proportion. Way to go.
No doubt Doc. I'm just expressing my personal puzzlement over your expressions of disappointment, that you lament the lack of Indy V news, and gripe when there is a ray of hope. I'm happy to hear Indy hasn't been shelved for good. I'm not sure why you perpetuate a silly squabble. Shame...

Dr.Sartorius

Rocket Surgeon said:
It's a nice little touch.(y)

No doubt Doc. I'm just expressing my personal puzzlement over your expressions of disappointment, that you lament the lack of Indy V news, and gripe when there is a ray of hope. I'm happy to hear Indy hasn't been shelved for good. I'm not sure why you perpetuate a silly squabble. Shame...

Look, I really am not clamoring for Indy 5 news. I don't think I've ever complained about a lack of Indy 5 news. The only reason why I was complaining about this exhibit is because I'm jealous I won't be able to see it.

I respect you and your posts, so why don't we just stop attacking each other?

I wonder what's going to be in the gift shop? I have The Magic of Myth book, and a couple other unique items from that exhibit. Blu-ray maybe?

Last edited:
Stoo said:
Hi, Bill.:hat: Unfortunately, it appears that the exhibit will not be in Chicago (nor touring in the U.S. at all :() so this thread is pretty much a dead-end.:dead: For more info & details, check this one out: Indiana Jones and the Adventure of Archaeology: The Exhibition

P.S. I like Chicago because it's a great city with lots of character but you Chicago fans should make your way to Montreal for the premiere! It might be the only chance you get and it's not that hard to do. Only a 14-hour drive...Believe me, I've done it...:)
Maybe they can be merged...amazing they could keep this under wraps for so long, even with indyclone's inside information goin back a year!

Saber79

Hey everyone,

Been a long time since I've been around....lot of things happening in the personal life...but I'm back, with hopefully no more lapses...

Anyway, I was so excited to hear about this exhibit. I can't wait for it to come to New York City. This is great news!!

Stoo

Ironclaw said:
Yeah, I saw this and got all happy...only to be crushed by the sadness that it won't be anywhere near until 2012 (if that...I doubt the Carnegie in Pittsburgh will get it).
Am I missing something?:confused: I don't see any other future locations listed on the website.
AnnieJones said:
I love how you get to use the brush as a way to dust the sand(and or dust)off of the Indiana Jones the Exhibition website.
Have to agree. It's an amusing feature.(y)
Saber79 said:
Been a long time since I've been around....lot of things happening in the personal life...but I'm back, with hopefully no more lapses...

Anyway, I was so excited to hear about this exhibit. I can't wait for it to come to New York City. This is great news!!
Very glad to see you back, Saber.:hat: Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this will be touring the U.S. (so far). Montreal *may* end up being your closest bet and Selden is on Long Island, yes? 6-7 hour drive for you.

Saber79

Stoo said:
Very glad to see you back, Saber.:hat: Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this will be touring the U.S. (so far). Montreal *may* end up being your closest bet and Selden is on Long Island, yes? 6-7 hour drive for you.

Thanks Stoo, great to be back in the saddle so to speak...maybe future dates will be posted..who knows...wishful thinking I guess...I know there is a National Geographic museum in Manhattan, they just had the King Tut and Titanic exhibits...so I'm hoping Indy catches a ride to Gotham. Yeah Selden is on Long Island, I actually made the trip to Montreal when I was in college and that took me about 7 hours...definitely worth the trip! If the exhibit is only in Montreal, I may make the journey to the Great White North yet again, perhaps our paths will cross!

indyartist

Stoo said:
Hi, Bill.:hat: Unfortunately, it appears that the exhibit will not be in Chicago (nor touring in the U.S. at all :() so this thread is pretty much a dead-end.:dead: For more info & details, check this one out: Indiana Jones and the Adventure of Archaeology: The Exhibition

P.S. I like Chicago because it's a great city with lots of character but you Chicago fans should make your way to Montreal for the premiere! It might be the only chance you get and it's not that hard to do. Only a 14-hour drive...Believe me, I've done it...:)
Thanks Stoo, for the info.

It would be so awesome if that Indiana Jones exhibit came to Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry, it is right up that place's alley. It's an awesome museum, I am a member there and it is just blocks away from the University of Chicago, Indy's alma mater.

Mickiana

I suppose Australia will be out of the question?:( Oh well, I will just have to make do with Indy5. I mean, there is going to be an Indy5, isn't there???!!! Where are those antidepressants?

Mickiana said:
I suppose Australia will be out of the question?:( Oh well, I will just have to make do with Indy5. I mean, there is going to be an Indy5, isn't there???!!! Where are those antidepressants?
Don't give up so quick! Did you see The Magic of Myth?

Rocket Surgeon said:
The Magic of Myth tour dates:

Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
The San Diego Museum of Art
The Minneapolis Institute of Arts
The Field Museum, Chicago
The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
The Toledo Museum of Art,
The Brooklyn Museum of Art,
The Powerhouse Museum, Sydney

Mickiana

Sydney is a nine - ten hour drive or a one hour flight. That's doable! But is this tour an Indy thing, at least partly?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Mickiana said:
Sydney is a nine - ten hour drive or a one hour flight. That's doable! But is this tour an Indy thing, at least partly?

Magic of Myth was the Star Wars tour that preceded this one. That list of tour locations from last time is more or less what you Australians and we Americans have to pin our hopes to, in terms of getting the exhibit on our own soil, and not just Canada, Europe, and Asia.

Attila the Professor said:
Magic of Myth was the Star Wars tour that preceded this one. That list of tour locations from last time is more or less what you Australians and we Americans have to pin our hopes to, in terms of getting the exhibit on our own soil, and not just Canada, Europe, and Asia.
It might be interesting to see how the tour coincides with Crystal Skull grosses.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Interesting... I would see it, though admittedly, I did want to see the Magic of Myth, but it wasn't on for long in Sydney and when I did get to Sydney, I missed it by a few months. However, I did get to see a really good exhibition on the Incan and Aztec civilisations at the Australian Museum there, so I kind of got a bit of a Raiders opening and Crystal Skull experience. I did get to see a fertility idol there, btw, but it wasn't gold!

Usually when Asia-Pacific gets mentioned, that usually means Australia (either Sydney or Melbourne). I would love it if they would send these exhibits to Brisbane. Not as far to go!

Violet Indy said:
Interesting... I would see it, though admittedly, I did want to see the Magic of Myth, but it wasn't on for long in Sydney and when I did get to Sydney, I missed it by a few months. However, I did get to see a really good exhibition on the Incan and Aztec civilisations at the Australian Museum there, so I kind of got a bit of a Raiders opening and Crystal Skull experience. I did get to see a fertility idol there, btw, but it wasn't gold!

Usually when Asia-Pacific gets mentioned, that usually means Australia (either Sydney or Melbourne). I would love it if they would send these exhibits to Brisbane. Not as far to go!

Everyone complains about the attention Star Wars gets and how Indiana Jones always gets the short stick. I see this as an opportunity to encourage more films/books/shows...

Bring on Indiana Jones:In Concert!

Master of Ceremonies: John Rhys-Davies!