• Donovan

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Vogel

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Spalko

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

XanaduEli

Well Spalko is my favorite villain as well as my second favorite character but because she and Elsa arent there,

i'll vote for Toht instead :whip:

Adventure Girl

Kill Cavalry said:
Belloq had class. Nazi villains are generally just Nazis. They have a job to do and they do it, no qualms. Belloq had another side to his character, an undefined code of honor by which he abided.
But above all, Belloq had a cool suit.
Gotta agree to that. He was a smart man witha good head on his shoulders (thought I think it blew up.;) ) He knew how to play his cards right, though he wasn't a serious threat he, quoting "had a cool suit."

Col. Detritch

Belloq all the way. He's Indy's rival, his nemeses, his Lex Luthor; and who could deny him the ark, he?s such a charmer! Paul Freeman executed that role with such precision... Donovan?s a close second. He?s a suave, cold villain as well, but in a different way!:hat:

AgentBelloq

Well my username is a bit of a giveaway.:p

Belloq though is my favourite because he is suave, sophisticated, the darker side of Indy himself. He's very smart and knows how to play the Nazi's at thier own game.

mattzilla2010

Totally Toht. He's such a weird little creep but he's so fun to watch. He's even a bit comedic at times, which is always a plus for me.

Paden

Belloq. He's traveled the same highway as Jones, but has taken several steps down a much darker path. They have enough in common to understand one another and their character diverges sufficiently that they despise each other. Much as I appreciate the pure unadulterated villainy of the likes of Mola Ram or Toht, I most like the personal rivalry that Jones has with Belloq.

Doc Savage said:
Who was your favorite villain? Why?
The SS-Standartenführer "Vogel". He marches around while carrying a riding crop/swagger stick in his leather-gloved hands at all times and only ever removes one of his black gloves to effeminately slap his victims with it, which makes him very sexy in an evil way. He also dry humped Indiana Jones on the tank. There are only a few ways in which he could have been a more evil Nazi-villain:

His entire SS-uniform should have been made of leather (similar to Hauptscharführer Ilsa Haupstein's uniform from the opening of "Hellboy", except that her peaked cap was not made of leather).

He should have slapped his riding crop/swagger stick against his leather breeches/jodhpurs in rage whenever he uttered one of his effeminate screams when humiliated by the Joneses or when ordering his men around(similar to Frau Farbissina in the final act of "Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me").

The film should have included scenes in which (a) superior officer(s) inspects the Standartenführer/Oberst/Colonel and his unit, whom he would have greeted by clicking his heels, executing a Nazi salute and screaming "Achtung! Heil Hitler!" (similar to Obersturmbannführer Ilsa and her female Oberscharführer and Scharführer in "Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS").

Finally, he should have worn leather SS-riding boots with spurs instead of Mister Minit replicas.

Henry W Jones

I agree that several of the other characters have attributes that are more "evil" than Belloq but he is Indys long time rival and had obviously taken Indys prize more than once. "Dr Jones, again we see there is nothing you possess that I cannot take away" "Once again Jones........ What was briefly yours is now mine"
And not only has he beat Jones in the past, he also survived against him in previous adventures. All the others who oppose Jones as far as villians don't live to see another adventure and going by the dialogue in Raiders, Belloq has gone against Indy and came out on top in the situation.

The Character

Mola Ram ..... he does have voodoo, mystical powers and a keen intelligence.... i think that of al the Indy villains he definitely is the most ruthless although Vogel comes a close second and i think that he should have been the main villain of LC and dispatched the hapless Donavan half way through ....thus again reasserting the ruthless pursuit of supernatural artefacts by the nazis....... Vogel is badass to the core!

Daley

No brainer for me: Mola Ram.

This man is pure evil, dabbling in voodoo, leading a cult, enslaving children...oh and incinerating people after ripping out their hearts.
He certainly looks imposing (and impressive), with his draped ceremonial robes and dramatic horned headdress, complete with shrunken head. I just prefer watching a more hands-on villain, one who isn't afraid to also get down and dirty and actually get involved in a scuffle with Indy...and what better place to have a fight in an Indiana Jones film than dangling off the side of a cliff?!:whip:

But Belloq comes in at a very close second, since he is evil in a much more understated, suave, debonaire kind of way - seductively evil, he almost lures one in and then uses them for his own gain, no matter the cost.
Plus his head explodes..so his death is pretty memorable too. Hah.

The Character said:
Vogel comes a close second and i think that he should have been the main villain of LC and dispatched the hapless Donavan half way through ....thus again reasserting the ruthless pursuit of supernatural artefacts by the nazis....... Vogel is badass to the core!
I concur entirely.

Darth Vile

I voted for Donovan because I always liked the double agent/traitor approach they took... and you really wanted to see him get his just deserts after shooting poor ole' Henry Jones Snr. The problem I have with Belloq as a villain is that I like him too much and I didn't actually want to see him die (so he's probably a more interesting character because of that, but not a better villain). Mola Ram was (IMHO) a Darth Maul, Jaws (James Bond) or Darth Vader (in ANH) type of character i.e. you'd believe he'd rip your head off, but there was not much going on behind the eyes. I always felt that TOD needed the Chatter Lal character to be a more obvious baddie a la Moff Tarkin, and then Mola Ram would have been a more effective and scary stooge/dog on a leash type villain.

Last edited:

Hanselation

nitzsche said:
Mola Ram was wicked. He deserved a more theatrical death though. I think the Sankara stone should have caught him on fire when he tried to grab it and he should have been flaming and smoking down toward the crocodiles.

I think George Lucas will implement exactly that via CGI into the upcoming Blu-Ray-Edition. (y) ;)