any info on the new bag from "Crystal Skull?"

A2Steve

Hi, all,

New guy here- I feel like I'm livin' the dream, at least a bit- teaching English in Korea, and figured what better way to pay respect to the USA than follow the tradition of Indiana Jones!

anyway, it's a longer story than that, but I was wondering about the larger bag Indy is seen carrying in the movie. I've looked for clips on here, but either I can't find any info on it, ie, what stores have those bags, etc.....

I have seen it looks like a "Swiss Army rucksack" of sorts, but that's about the extent of my knowledge on it. an LLBean bag looks sorta like it, and they've been my suppliers out here in Asia for "American sized" clothes that are a bit in style, and dont make you look like a pimp, so I'll probably go with that soon. But just wondering about the real deal! would make a good carry-on the plane.

Thanks all! any info appreciated! :whip:

mfisher

It is an older model German Mountain troop's rucksack.. they are a bit tought o find with the older leather straps with metal buckles... you can get the newer versions with canvas straps and plastic buckles all day long... good luck.. my father sells european surplus and used to sell these a few years back.. but all of his suppliers have dried up..

A2Steve

thanks for the info. Now I at least know what to look for! appreciate it!

I'd ask about the bullwhip, but considering I dont plan on taking on any Soviets or Nazis anytime soon, I think I'll just stick with the one I got off ebay for show. :whip:

IndyAJA77

It seems a bit odd to me that is bad ends up being Indy's primary bag in KotCS. Yes, he wears the MkVII (albeit over his jacket for the first time), but he doesn't really use it this time. I know the skull is too big and that the MkVII is part of his attire, but it's kinda just there this time. Oh, well.