Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Indy Smith

Ok, I wanted to talk about the new Star Wars movie which is untitled to the public. I was wondering what most of you think the third episode will be called?

I read somewhere that old Georgey boy has been re-hashing titles from Young Indiana jones and hmmm they're right.

Phantom Menace...similar to "Phantom Train of Doom" (Phantom Train of Doom is kind of a mix between Phantom Menace and Temple of Doom).

Attack of the Clones...a Rehasg of Attack of The Hawkmen.

If Georgey boy does re-hash the titles for the third one then I guess only one title would fit it and it wouldn't even have to be re-arranged. Ladies and Gentlemen my guess for the title is....

Star Wars - Episode III: Masks of Evil

:D:D:D

Now it sounds really cheesy and fits in well with the theme of the new movie which will be the final installment looking at Anaking becoming Darth Vader so thats why I thought it would fit.

However, was wondering what was everyone elses titles?

I[ve seen some out there like "Rise of the Empire" but that sounds just meh, not as cheesy as Masks of Evil.

J

Jedi Daniel

Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith

Or

Star Wars Episode 3: Rise of the Empire

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Jedi Daniel said:
Star Wars Episode 3: Rise of the Empire

I thought of that title like two seconds before seeing it in your post. i would go for that one too.

Finn

Staff member
Jedi Daniel said:
Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith
Sounds more like Ep VII title.

"Rise of the Empire" is good. But then after all, it reminds me too much of the new Terminator film ("Rise of Machines").

What about "Fall of the Shadows"?

wolfgang

I heard somewhere it might be "Episode III: an ally turns away"....but I don't believe it. besides, everyone would know bu now.

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
wolfgang said:
I heard somewhere it might be "Episode III: an ally turns away"....but I don't believe it. besides, everyone would know bu now.

That would be the worst title in the history of movie making.

Indy Smith

I guess nobody thinks much of Masks of Evil.

I don't like Rise of The Empire also due to the similarities of Rise of The Machines. And also there has already been a title in the Star Wars lore similar to that. "The Empire Strikes Back" already has suggestions of a the empire and its rising to power...although it would be for a second run.

Revenge of the Sith would make sense due to the fact the sith would get their revenge by killing off most of the Jedi, but I dunno, something about it that just doesn't seem right. I guess its the mysterious feeling of the sith in the previous movies. It's not like the Sith have had much to revenge upon.

00Kevin

Indyfan
Finn said:
What about "Fall of the Shadows"?

yeah, I was thinking something like that, good idea BTW, perhaps something like:

emergeing from the shadows

raise of the sith

jar-jar's big adventure

'Star Wars: EPISODE III: THE BIGGEST AND BEST BLOODY FILM EVER!!!!! SO GO SEE IT OR GEORGE LUCAS WILL COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND..........*FILE TO LARGE TO SEND*.............'

Randy_Flagg

Indy Smith said:
I guess nobody thinks much of Masks of Evil.

I like it. Actually I thought of something very similar a while back: "Mask of Darkness"

It has a double meaning, which I like: Either it can be taken literally, in regard to Vader's mask; or figuratively since the darkside has been masking everything.

I don't like "Revenge of the Sith" or any other title that uses "____ of The ______." Please, Lucas used that format WAY too many times already (Raiders OF THE Lost Ark, Return OF THE Jedi, Attack OF THE Clones, Attack OF THE Hawkmen... it'd be a shame if he had to resort to that again.

(I know "Mask Of Darkness" comes very close to following this format, but at least it's not VERB of The NOUN)

Randy_Flagg

It has been officially confirmed now-- the title will be:

Episode 3: "Good Knight Obi-Wan"

It can be read in two ways-- Either a reference to what a good Jedi Knight Obi-Wan has been; or a way of saying "good night" to the Obi-Wan character, hello to Ben.