Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Canyon

temple of john said:
Again, this was nothing more than homur Canyon. Why in the world would you take that comment seriously? My God girl, lighten up. :)

Girl, girl? :mad: Haven't been a girl in a while. :rolleyes: :D

How was I to know? I thought you were being serious. :p

Last edited:

Jay R. Zay

without wanting to dive into a new episode of "i hate the new star wars movies": this way you keep the movie on a constant level, with and without deleted scenes.

or, as The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy says about movie trailers:

"The goal is to create a piece of advertising that is original and exciting, intelligent and provocative. in other words, lots of things blowing up." :p

IndyBuff

ClintonHammond said:
"Hopefully we'll get some deleted scenes..."

Ya... that's a good idea.. make a crappy movie longer by adding more crap...

So I take it you like Episodes I and II better? ;)

TombReader

ClintonHammond said:
"Hopefully we'll get some deleted scenes..."

Ya... that's a good idea.. make a crappy movie longer by adding more crap...

Right...you don't like the movie.Got it.Sort of got that impression from the other 200 times you've posted the same thing.(rolls eyes)

San Holo

temple of john said:
Was there more to that Temple scene? Did they cut alot out the movie? :whip:
Yeah, there is footage of Anikin killing Shaak Ti, but I want to see Anikin fighting the stunt coordinater, Nick Gillard and other jedi at the same time.

"So I take it you like Episodes I and II better?"

Better? Nope... But episode III was like that last 'kid' ya drop off at the 'pool'... feels so good to be done...

IndyBuff

ClintonHammond said:
"So I take it you like Episodes I and II better?"

Better? Nope... But episode III was like that last 'kid' ya drop off at the 'pool'... feels so good to be done...

Not the description I would have used but you certainly got your point across. ;)

indifan101

Indy said:
Not the description I would have used but you certainly got your point across. ;)

I thought that the effects in Episode 3 were outstanding! Maybe it was the drama of the characters that sucked!

IndyBuff

ClintonHammond said:
"I thought that the effects in Episode 3 were outstanding!"

Mostly they left me pretty cold, when they didn't outright chew...

If I may ask, what exactly did you hate so much (and please don't say everything, just name some things.) It's nothing personal but I'm just curious about your opinion.

I agree with indifan101. I though the effects were great. :)

INDYfatigable

What was wrong with the acting? Why does everybody say it sucked :confused: I really liked the movie. and i also thought it was the best of the six.

"maybe if they are transfixed with the eye candy, they won't notice the script and acting"

Ya... too bad it doesn't work on anyone smarter than a 6 year old...

IndyBuff

temple of john said:
Lucas has a way of overdoing it when it comes to effects. I believe he does this to compensate for a complete lack of writing talent. Almost as if he is saying "maybe if they are transfixed with the eye candy, they won't notice the script and acting".

I see what you're saying and I do feel that the prequels relied a little too heavily on special effects and CGI. The films have had some cheesy acting over the years but they're still fun to watch regardless. I also agree that Lucas isn't the best script writer either, but I still enjoyed the films. Episodes IV-VI will always be my favorites but I felt Episode III was very close to matching them and could almost rank with the originals. As it stands, my ranking of the six would be:

1. A New Hope
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. Attack of the Clones
6. The Phantom Menace

INDYfatigable

Well maybe it wasnt the best of the six, but I enjoyed it the most. The love scenes could have used some real help, but I still enjoyed it.

IndyBuff

INDYfatigable said:
Well maybe it wasnt the best of the six, but I enjoyed it the most. The love scenes could have used some real help, but I still enjoyed it.

The love scenes were a bit strange but I thought it was still a great movie. I did think the acting was better in this film than in the previous two.

San Holo

Has anyone read the ROTS novel? It explains everything so much better than the movie (Qui Gon even had lines). It did such a better job with the characters, showing their friendship and love. If they would have duplicated the book on screen, Lucas would have a Best Picture Oscar.