Ooh, guess what I've got...

Canyon

I have just recently received my first Indy prop, a replica of the Idol of the Chachapoyan Warriors!

I ordered it from Indy Magnoli and would just like to say that he has done a magnificent job of creating this prop and it now sits proudly below my Raiders poster and next to my Indy action figure in the front room.

Woohoo! Just in time for the DVD's as well! :D ;):)

Canyon

Renderking Fisk said:
... a crush on a handsome man who wears a fedora and who's been working out a lot recently?

Out of curiosity Fisky. Who are you refering to? :p

Canyon

Webley said:
Canyon said:
I have just recently received my first Indy prop, a replica of the Idol of the Chachapoyan Warriors!
Is that the Idol from Raiders?

I suppose you think that's funny seeing as Raiders is my favourite movie... :p

Webley

Canyon I dont think your funny I gest did not know the Idol from Raiders was the Chachapoyan Warriors.
Is it?
PS: Im kind of slow at some things.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
YES!! The idol of the Chachapoyan warriors is exactly the same thing as the Golden fertility idol.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Hmm... I'm not sure if the Hovitos are another local tribe, but at least the temple was Chachapoyan.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
VP said:
Hmm... I'm not sure if the Hovitos are another local tribe, but at least the temple was Chachapoyan.

I think that's accurate. I'm not sure whether the Hovitos are fact-based or not, but there were indeed Chachapoyan warriors in Peru. Perhaps the Hovitos are their descendents, or perhaps more likely, the settled the same area years later and regarded the temple, as well as the idol, as some kind of a shrine to an ancient god that came before them.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
What version it is? Is it this:

Idol5.jpg

or this:

idol-hed.gif

Well?