Top Gun

Cooler_King

Anyone here a 'Top Gun' fan?
I love the fecking movie :)
Not so much the planes, but love the music and lines, so cool :cool:

PS: You should see my kiwibiker sig lol

roundshort

Dude, I have lost track how much of my everyday verbage comes form Top Gun!
I was in 7th or 8th grade when this came out, and I still watch this a ton!

"Talk to me Goose"

IndyBuff

Top Gun is a good movie, although I haven't seen it in years. If you like that flick then check out Hot Shots! (the first one) because it's a hilarious spoof of Top Gun and has some great scenes in it. Most Top Gun fans will probably appreciate it. :)

Cooler_King

"You're everyone's problem. That's because everytime you go up in the air,
you're unsafe. I don't like you because you're dangerous."

"That's Right!....Iceman.....I am dangerous."

:whip:

Gilles V

Administrator Emeritus
And "Hot Shots" is a THE Navy flick. :p

"Top Gun" is one of those films typical of the 80's. Perfect for when I'm in a nostalgic mood.

It's also one of Tim Robbins earliest films. Though he doesn't like to be reminded of it, I've heard.

Last edited:

Indy4ever

Val Kilmer's best performance... :)

I love it, when at the very end, Iceman (Val Kilmer) says to Maverick (Tom Cruise)

"You can be my wingman any day!"

We all know that Top Gun was the summation of Kilmer's career, but IMO, it is really the volleyball scene that showcases his best talents!

HA! HA! HA! :)

Like it or not, when you think of 1980s cinema, Top Gun probably comes to mind for a lot of folks.

It's funny. As a girl born in the 80s, Tom Cruise is over 20 years older than me, and Harrison has got 40+ years on me, but I find both of them a lot more attractive than most younger stars today, and I actually prefer "the older generations" flicks to the mostly crap films produced today.

roundshort

Well, I really don't care what they look like, but Tom pretty much rocks no matter what type of crappy movie he agrees to do, War of the Worlds comes to mind . . .

Harrison, well, he makes some (a lot) of bad choices.

Indy4ever

roundshort wrote:

Well, I really don't care what they look like, but Tom pretty much rocks no matter what type of crappy movie he agrees to do, War of the Worlds comes to mind . . .

Harrison, well, he makes some (a lot) of bad choices.

Hollywood Homicide comes to mind right away. That was just awful!

IMO, Air Force One was the most recent enjoyable Ford flick, and that was released 8 years ago.

What Lies Beneath was fairly scary. But, Ford as the bad guy? Doesn't work for me.