Favorite Halloween movies

HovitosKing

I like the Halloween cartoons from my childhood...

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Garfield's Halloween Adventure

Also, I always watch these:

Ghostbusters (original)

Sleepy Hollow

From Hell

Silence of the Lambs

I suspect next year's list will include Corpse Bride

roundshort

Halloween is here!

OK, while I realize not everyone is a horrow movie fan, I do believe that everyone should go out of thier way to watch one "scary movie" (or at least Haloween themed movie) What is your one Halloween pick for 2006

I will go first:

The Walt Disney animated classic, The Adventures of Ichabod, I still think this is the single best Halloween thing to watch, and it was a huge inpsiration to Tim Burton's "Sleepy Hollow"

Anyone else?

Jay R. Zay

roundshort said:
The Walt Disney animated classic, The Adventures of Ichabod, I still think this is the single best Halloween thing to watch, and it was a huge inpsiration to Tim Burton's "Sleepy Hollow"

or perhaps the novel by washington irving, "the legend of sleepy hollow", was? ;)

anyway, i recommend wallace & gromit. :whip:

roundshort

YEs the novel was the main inspration, but Tim has said that it wass Disney's Adventures of Ichabod that helped him design the visuals for his movie, and the scene byt he covered bridge, etc. . .

I have never seen Wallace and Gromit, pretty good? I think if I go to a theater it will have to be Saw II, loved the first one. Jigsaw seems to be the best horror villian since Hannibal!

Jay R. Zay

roundshort said:
YEs the novel was the main inspration, but Tim has said that it wass Disney's Adventures of Ichabod that helped him design the visuals for his movie, and the scene byt he covered bridge, etc. . .

I have never seen Wallace and Gromit, pretty good? I think if I go to a theater it will have to be Saw II, loved the first one. Jigsaw seems to be the best horror villian since Hannibal!

i didn't like saw but wallace & gromit was great. damn well done and lots of allusions to movies (also, for example, "Sleepy Hollow"). :)

TombReader

I watched 'The Hunchback of Notre Dame' with Lon Chaney and just for laughs we watched Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein.

Webley

Tonight at my local bar thay are haveing a cstume contest and I was going to go as a hula girl but now I am sick so Im staying home and poping cold pills all night.

KDuncan

Jay R. Zay said:
i didn't like saw but wallace & gromit was great. damn well done and lots of allusions to movies (also, for example, "Sleepy Hollow"). :)

Boy, do I wish I could see it. I've been waiting for it forever, but as I said, my parents are making me wait until it comes out on DVD.

Jay R. Zay

ah, forgot about another great one. Roman Polanski's "The Fearless Vampire Killers", aka "Dance of the Vampires".

great movie. despite the fact that it is about 40 years old, it still features a kind of humor that is almost timeless - no great jokes but over the whole time very amusing. nice setting, great actors, a truly great one and by the way the only vampire movie i really like.

Webley

indifan101 said:
I'm George Patton. This costume looks so freakin sweet! You guys gotta see it!:D
Is thare any way that you will be able to post picks of you in your Patton costume. Do you have a helmet with 4 stars on it?

roundshort

Saw II,

Went and saw Saw II last night after foot ball fun, The Eagles really stink, I mean the Broncos, can't beat the Giants (who look really good) and they almost lost the game yesterday after a 4 td lead, they just gave up! Oh Well, I hope the Steelers beat the hell oout of the Ravens tonight! But I did see SawII last night, and of course all the experts said that it was no where as good as the first, but I really enjoyed it, and they left the total, F-U ending, no real clousre liek they want to make more, I hope not, but at least the 70's had Halloween, the 80s had Friday the 13th and Nightmare, and 90's had Scream, and now the 00 have Saw, a good two movies!

Happy Halloween all, go Steelers!

roundshort

I liked it, hate to admit it, anything that makes me feel even the least bit uncomfortable, must be pretty sick, and i have to admit, I squirmed once or twice!

indifan101

Webley said:
Is thare any way that you will be able to post picks of you in your Patton costume. Do you have a helmet with 4 stars on it?

Actually I'm using my grandfathers G.I. helmet. I bought the stars at an Army/Navy depot. I'll post the picks as soon as the photos come back!

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I went to work today as "Illinois Jones" today. You know, Indy's younger, lesser-known brother. (I was named after the cat)

Chicago Jones

Your Favorite Halloween Movies!

Halloween is on the horizon...sorta..but I was wondering what Halloween flicks do you enjoy?

1. Hocus Pocus
2. Halloween (original)
3. Halloweentown
4. Tim Burtons Sleepy Hollow & animated Sleepy Hollow
5. Haunted Mansion

The Drifter

Chicago Jones said:
Halloween is on the horizon...sorta..but I was wondering what Halloween flicks do you enjoy?

1. Hocus Pocus
2. Halloween (original)
3. Halloweentown
4. Tim Burtons Sleepy Hollow & animated Sleepy Hollow
5. Haunted Mansion

I like Hocus Pocus. I watch that every year.
I miss Disney's Halloween special. Witch Hazel was awesome.

Nurhachi1991

1. Halloween 1978

and any other movie that stars a weapon wielding pshyco

Like this guy (y)

voorhees.jpg