The Legend Of Zorro

Johan

So I saw the premiere last night and I have to say if you liked the first one you should definatly enjoy the second one. I would say it is just as good with a great story line and awsome stunts.
I also should mention he uses the whip in this one a few times!! Anyway. I reccomend spending money to see this movie. It is definitly has an indyesque feel to it!

Jay R. Zay

strange as hell, i didn't even know there was a new one until i went to cinema recently to see Wallace & Gromit. and i've always believed that there is hardly anything about movies i don't know...

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Not a bad sequel, a bit of a telenovela. Antonio Banderas is told of his mask: “This belongs in a museum. So do you.”

Since this is an Amblin production taking place in 1850 in northern California, perhaps it might cross over with Back to the Future someday? An alternate ending was set several decades later.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Antonio Banderas says "one last ride." There were only two Fast and Furious movies when this came out.

What might Ebert have thought of Indy 5, based on his Zorro 2 review?
"I am searching for the correct word to describe the scene where Zorro is served with divorce papers. Ah, I've found it! Shame I can't use it. Four letters. This is a family newspaper. Starts with S."

emtiem

I saw someone asking Banderas if he'd like to do a film where he passes the Zorro mantle down to a new younger guy, just as it was handed to him. He said he'd love to do it, but I think it's a bit insulting in a way- just keep him as Zorro! He's not exactly ancient and it was all done with acrobat stuntmen anyway; who cares.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
This muddy video is the only one I could find of the original ending, where Joaquin becomes Zorro and his aged up parents watch him ride off. The kid is almost 30 now. Not sure who played the older version.