Was the Indiana Jones toyline made for kids or fans?

Nurhachi1991

i really believe this line was made for fans more than kids because really only a fan of indiana jones is going to know who the monkey man is or will know what Nurhachis Urn is.............

Yestersay when I was in Target buying my Indy stuff some kids about 9 or 10 were looking at the figures as well and they were commenting on the Indy figs they were going who are these guys? who is the cario swordsman??? ect....

what im saying is these toys really are not that appealing to kids. To fans they are to good to be true

but think about it what child is going to want to play with a nazi convoy truck from a film that is 27 years old? When they can play with Optimus Prime or the new Iron Man toys or Spiderman or whatever else there is

Last edited:

The_Raiders

I saw several kids yesterday in the figure isle, only one kids stopped and looked at the figures for afew seconds then put it down and started looking at something else.

Nurhachi1991

Exactly unless the childs parents are Indiana Jones fans and buy the toys for their kid it is really unlikely that the kid will get into them by themselfs

The_Raiders

Haha, I'm glad becasue if alot of kids don't buy them I can find all the good stuff!! :p Maybe more kids will get them when the movie comes out.

Nurhachi1991

The_Raiders said:
Haha, I'm glad becasue if alot of kids don't buy them I can find all the good stuff!! :p Maybe more kids will get them when the movie comes out.

maybe they will only buy Mutt so they can have a Sam Witwicky figure for their transformers collection :rolleyes:

The_Raiders

Nurhachi1991 said:
maybe they will only buy Mutt so they can have a Sam Witwicky figure for their transformers collection :rolleyes:

Haha, yeah, they'll probably like Mutt the most. So while they get him we can buy all the better stuff!! Alot of kids don't know about Indy, I drew a picture of Cairo Indy, and it acually looked really good and my 6 year old cousins said "Why did you draw a cowboy with a jump rope?" I was apauled. SoI guess kids veiw Indy as a cowboy with a jump rope :(

tupogirl

Nurhachi1991 said:

Sam W is my friend's name, I did a double take, lol.

The commercials are marketed to kids and mine (5 and 7) are all excited, but not really wanting to watch the older movies. I'm working on it...

Nurhachi1991

tupogirl said:
Sam W is my friend's name, I did a double take, lol.

The commercials are marketed to kids and mine (5 and 7) are all excited, but not really wanting to watch the older movies. I'm working on it...

tell them if they dont watch raiders no desert for a month lol (y)

tupogirl

Nurhachi1991 said:
tell them if they dont watch raiders no desert for a month lol (y)

I tried to bribe them with letting them play my PS2 Indy game. They kept asking. They agreed to watch the movies for the game but we only made it about halfway through Raiders. My eldest got upset when the monkey (and people) died and the youngest was slapping himself in the face a la Marion to Indy. We may have to wait a few years, lol.

Nurhachi1991

tupogirl said:
I tried to bribe them with letting them play my PS2 Indy game. They kept asking. They agreed to watch the movies for the game but we only made it about halfway through Raiders. My eldest got upset when the monkey (and people) died and the youngest was slapping himself in the face a la Marion to Indy. We may have to wait a few years, lol.

yeah i tried showing my 4 year old nephew raiders :rolleyes: he was crying after he saw forrestal so i turned it off

Well your trying after the opening scene for raiders it can get boring for young kids. Did you tell him that it was a Nazi monkey so it was bad? lol

tupogirl

Nurhachi1991 said:
yeah i tried showing my 4 year old nephew raiders :rolleyes: he was crying after he saw forrestal so i turned it off

Well your trying after the opening scene for raiders it can get boring for young kids. Did you tell him that it was a Nazi monkey so it was bad? lol

I did but he felt bad for the bad guys too! He's such a sensitive little soul, lol.

I'm glad they saw the boulder scene at least.

WillKill4Food

tupogirl said:
I did but he felt bad for the bad guys too! He's such a sensitive little soul, lol.

yeah, he probly shouldn't watch the power of the ark scene. :eek:

tupogirl

WillKill4Food said:
yeah, he probly shouldn't watch the power of the ark scene. :eek:

That's what I thought!!!!!

I still get squeamish watching Temple but Crusades may be ok. My eldest is a Scout so I've been trying to 'push' that.

But yeah...for some reason, I had no problem buying my kids light sabers but for some reason, thinking about my fearless, hardcore, daredevil 'attack' kid with a 'realistic sounds' whip scares the woohoo out of me! LOL!

Nurhachi1991

You did the right thing to turn it off

Indy is a great movie but its not really kid friendly It used to scare me when i was 5 but i still watched it because i liked indy so much lol

Kids probably do not need to be exposed to Nazis getting runover,blown up, hacked up and every other fate they meet :rolleyes:

why don't you buy your kids lego Indiana Jones when it comes out its all Indy and kid friendly (y)

Nurhachi1991

Um No i would say Crusade was worse than Raiders lol with the Walter Donnovan Scene and the turkish soldier getting his head choped off by the breath of god

Last edited:

WillKill4Food

Nurhachi1991 said:
Kids probably do not need to be exposed to Nazis getting runover,blown up, hacked up and every other fate they meet :rolleyes:
I wouldn't say that.
If they are exposed to that while they're young, they won't end up becoming a neo-Nazi. ;)

tupogirl

Nurhachi1991 said:
You did the right thing to turn it off

Indy is a great movie but its not really kid friendly It used to scare me when i was 5 but i still watched it because i liked indy so much lol

why don't you buy your kids lego Indiana Jones when it comes out its all Indy and kid friendly (y)

I edited my other post, lol.

But yeah, the Legos definitely look like fun and we'll probably get the video game. One of their all time favorites is Star Wars Legos!

The_Raiders

tupogirl said:

Haha, I remember when I was little, for some reason I always felt worse when aniamls got hurt or killed insted of the people in the movie. :p , also when I was little the only part of ROTLA I remember I didn't like was when they opened the Ark. Haha I can't wait to indroduce these movies to my future kids one day :p

tupogirl

Nurhachi1991 said:
Um No i would say Crusade was worde than Raiders lol with the Walter Donnovan Scene and the turkish soldier getting his head choped off by the breath of god

Well that was what I was thinking but I can always fast forward a scene or two:).