how many times have you seen kotcs?

Darth Vile

Belloq said:
Was there alcohol involved?

I've only seen it once since the midnight opening, and am waiting for it to come out on dvd so I can drink while I watch it. (it might null the pain)

Suggest that if you need drink to null the pain... you don't watch it ;)

jdm_jib

ive never been to a drive in, i dont think they even do-um in the UK..probably because its always cold and p*ssin' it down with rain.lol.

ive seen it 4 times now and to be honest...im really starting to love it (except like 5 minutes of it where Mutt gets his nuts stretched and then ends up with monkeys), Feels very much like a proper indy movie to me now.

Cagefighterkip

jdm_jib said:
ive seen it 4 times now and to be honest...im really starting to love it (except like 5 minutes of it where Mutt gets his nuts stretched and then ends up with monkeys), Feels very much like a proper indy movie to me now.

i agree w/this sentiment and i also have seen it 4 times...

weaponx24

Belloq said:
Was there alcohol involved?

I've only seen it once since the midnight opening, and am waiting for it to come out on dvd so I can drink while I watch it. (it might null the pain)

No I just tried not to over anaylze and disect it the way most people on here have...Yeah there were a couple parts I would have liked to seen done differently, but who the hell am I? Its Speilbergs and Lucas' baby...not mine. I just tried to sit back and enjoy it for what it is...the return to the big screen of our favorite hero in another one of his crazy adventures.

Dr._Jones_Jr.

3 times for me. First time I hated it. Aliens....that's the best they could do. I saw it 2 more times and enjoyed it more but we didn't need to see a UFO. I think an adventure without Aliens would have been sweeter.

Dene

weaponx24 said:
Yeah there were a couple parts I would have liked to seen done differently, but who the hell am I? Its Speilbergs and Lucas' baby...not mine. I just tried to sit back and enjoy it for what it is...the return to the big screen of our favorite hero in another one of his crazy adventures.
The kind of refreshing attitude you don't hear too much of on the Internet :).

spidey_99

I have seen it 4 and a half times :)

The half is because I'm 37 years old, have kids, a job, a life,etc. and I was sitting there after the plane ride to Peru scene and was like: what am I doing seeing the same movie 5 freaking times?!? At that point, it just seemed- for me personally- a bit too much. I'm a total geek, love Indy, love movies, love Spielberg, etc...but for me, it was like: ok, this is getting nuts :D

At which point, I got up and walked out.

Still planning on getting the DVD day one. Didn't really like the movie at all, but LOVED being back in Indy's world and am happy with the movie for that reason.

Spidey

WeAreGoingToDie

Four times for me!
First on opening night with my girlfriend, second on the Saturday morning after opening day (gave the film a great movie serial feel), third with employees from my then job as a company covered movie night and fourth I caught an online bootleg.

Since then I've watched select clips and eagerly await the DVD release. :whip:

Rhys135

3 times.

1st - May 22nd - a great experience to see Indy on the big screen and to finally see the finished picture. Did come out with mixed thoughts though.

2nd - May 27th - didn't enjoy this showing that much, possible because all the bad things people said about the film was fresh in my mind, so I was concentrating on these.

3rd - July 8th - fantastic. Best viewing of the film that I've experinced so far.

OrionsBelt9

Once was enough for me, personally. Although I respect those who went back to give it another chance. I was stunned after the first time or as my friend put it "Scatter brained" afterwards.

I'd rather watch repeated viewings of KOTCS tied in a straight jacket with my eyelids pried open then see the abysmal Clone Wars ever again.

clockwork_big.jpg

Coronado

I watched twice on the day it came out. I felt I 'got it' more on the second watch - the references, the subtleties, the themes.

I still think they should make Indy V so it doesn't stick out so much. A second 'trilogy' set in the fifties would work well, I think.

-Coronado

Indy's brother

4X. Once with my dad, who took me to see raiders when I was a kid (which was presented outdoors by the park district at night, how freakin' cool is that?), 2nd viewing, I went alone, trying to get over the shock of seeing Indy again. #3 I took my wife to it, and the 4th and final time I went by myself again, just to see Dr. Jones on the big screen one last time. Now I'll wait for the dvd. And on a side note, once I've watched KOTCS a million times as I have the previous three, I think it may fit better in the series--at least in MY mind.

keylan

Once was enough for me. My first impression of the film while watching it was cool Indy is finally back. As the movie progressed and the theme of the aliens began to become more apparent, my view of the movie declined. I went with my wife and after the movie we discussed it over dinner. The more we talked about it the less I liked it. In the end I felt letdown. It was 20 years in the making and sadly that was the best they could do:confused: