New Indiana Jones???

The_Raiders

Ok, there's something weird going on here. Well I was at my friends house and his mom walked up to me and said something odd, "I saw that new Indiana Jones thingy on TV, when I saw the guy playin Indy and I says to myself, 'dang that looks just like Caleb" (Yes my real name is Caleb). I blew this off because my friends mom is always making up weird stories, so I didnt worry about it, but then afew weeks later at school two of my friends with me said something along those lines too, "Hey, I saw that Indy thing, you look just like the guy in it." I asked about it and they were just asking if I had seen anytihng on t. I know if there was something new I woulda been the first to know over everyone whos mentioned it to me, does anyone have any idea what in the world they might be talking about???? :confused:

UIMJ

The_Raiders said:
Ok, there's something weird going on here. Well I was at my friends house and his mom walked up to me and said something odd, "I saw that new Indiana Jones thingy on TV, when I saw the guy playin Indy and I says to myself, 'dang that looks just like Caleb" (Yes my real name is Caleb). I blew this off because my friends mom is always making up weird stories, so I didnt worry about it, but then afew weeks later at school two of my friends with me said something along those lines too, "Hey, I saw that Indy thing, you look just like the guy in it." I asked about it and they were just asking if I had seen anytihng on t. I know if there was something new I woulda been the first to know over everyone whos mentioned it to me, does anyone have any idea what in the world they might be talking about???? :confused:

Maybe it was a toy commercial with some kid dressed up as Indiana Jones?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Something on the fourth movie, maybe? You wear the hat, yeah? It's still somewhat new to them, I'd gamble. I still call it "the new one" sometimes.

Finn

Staff member
Another possible reason is some kind of mix-up, and they were actually referring to Shia LaBeouf.

The_Raiders

Attila the Professor said:
Something on the fourth movie, maybe? You wear the hat, yeah? It's still somewhat new to them, I'd gamble. I still call it "the new one" sometimes.

I not only wear the hat, I'm dressed as Indy all the time, full gear everwhere I go. :cool:
And finn, I don't know if they were refering to Shia, I dont think I look much like him at all.
Ha ha, I'm sure they thought that was me, Nurhachi :rolleyes:

Here's some comparison pics

t36.jpg

01064333.jpg

temple-of-doom.jpg

01064014.jpg

NDVD_047.jpg

01064050.jpg

UIMJ

Okay man, after seeing the pix and reading your story about being dressed as Indy everywhere you go, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that they were probably hitting you with some loving sarcasm and you aren't picking up on it.

By saying that the guy on TV looks just like you, maybe they were referring to an actual Indy movie commercial, but the butt of the joke is that you are doing this Indy behavior thing so consistently that the guy on TV looks like you, rather than the other way around.

My advice to you? Keep the hobby because it's a good hobby, but buy some new clothes. Shoot for a new identity before you experience some kind of deleterious social consequences beyond a razzing from Mom and some school friends.

:whip:

Hawkeye

:gun:
UIMJ said:
Okay man, after seeing the pix and reading your story about being dressed as Indy everywhere you go, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that they were probably hitting you with some loving sarcasm and you aren't picking up on it.

By saying that the guy on TV looks just like you, maybe they were referring to an actual Indy movie commercial, but the butt of the joke is that you are doing this Indy behavior thing so consistently that the guy on TV looks like you, rather than the other way around.

My advice to you? Keep the hobby because it's a good hobby, but buy some new clothes. Shoot for a new identity before you experience some kind of deleterious social consequences beyond a razzing from Mom and some school friends.

:whip:

I gotta agree with this statement. By wearing full Indy costume everywhere you go, you're not only creating a hazardous social situation for yourself, you're also losing a valuable part of your life: Your individuality. It's like the movie "Rock Star". The main character dressed like and tried to be his rock hero so much that his friends all said that they couldn't tell where the rock hero ended and he began. Indiana Jones is a great action hero, but there's no real need to dress up in full Indy gear eveywhere you go. Try being yourself, and chances are the little quips from your friends and family will disappear. But that's what I would do. :gun:

The_Raiders

Hhhmm, I'm not sure... I didn't think too much about what my friends mom said, she's a crazy woman and always has something odd to tell someone. As for my friends I'm not sure, they seemed to show little interest in the subject and pretty much let it go when I said I wasn't sure, they didn't persist or keep up with it as thoguh trying to get me to belive them as thought it were a joke. As far as dressing like Indy, I don't try to act or talk like him too, I just like the clothing, I don't dress like it to impress anyone or put any kind of impression on anyone, I do just because I like it, and around town, well I like the.... attention I get from it ;)

Coronado

The_Raiders said:
I not only wear the hat, I'm dressed as Indy all the time, full gear everwhere I go.

There's nothing wrong with wearing Indy gear all the time - you're still an individual! It takes guts and effort to pull off a look like that, and from the look of the pictures you're doing a pretty good job of it. I think it's cute!

-Coronado

The_Raiders

Coronado said:
There's nothing wrong with wearing Indy gear all the time - you're still an individual! It takes guts and effort to pull off a look like that, and from the look of the pictures you're doing a pretty good job of it. I think it's cute!

-Coronado

Hey thanks alot, Coronado! :D :hat: I love wearin g my gear, lol I barely ever dress TOD bridge style like in the pics, I always wear the normal gear, jacket, bag and everything, everything I have is all screen accurate, well almost. As said, I don't try to be the charactor in terms of personality, I just love what he wears :p here's some other pics.

whip4.jpg

whip.jpg

120608_2151.jpg

12262321.jpg

12261557.jpg

My point to this thread was I think it was odd that several people who don't even know eachother all mentioned something along the same lines, so I was wondering is there still any commercials or anytihng out I'm not aware of?

Johnny Nys

I think it's great that you can still do that. I used to do stuff like that as well when I was a kid, not only dressing up but playing pretend games. Then one day when I was busy in our back yard, I noticed one of the neighbors watching me. She really startled me, actually, I was so totally not expecting her to show up there and it literally yanked me out of the fantasy world. It made me so self-conscious, it was the last day I participated in innocent, oblivious child's play. So I think it's great that you can actually walk about not caring what anyone else might think of you. Even when you just wear the clothes and aren't whipping things.

The_Raiders

Johnny Nys said:
I think it's great that you can still do that. I used to do stuff like that as well when I was a kid, not only dressing up but playing pretend games. Then one day when I was busy in our back yard, I noticed one of the neighbors watching me. She really startled me, actually, I was so totally not expecting her to show up there and it literally yanked me out of the fantasy world. It made me so self-conscious, it was the last day I participated in innocent, oblivious child's play. So I think it's great that you can actually walk about not caring what anyone else might think of you. Even when you just wear the clothes and aren't whipping things.

lol, thanks I know what you mean, I don't really pretend anything though, I do like to practice with my whip, but I don't really pretend, when I use the whip it is pretty nice to play the raiders march in my mind, and when I go hikinh it is cool to just imagine Indy doing something similar, but I don't really pretend, but it is fun, and I just like to dress like the charactor, I have people call it my "casual apparel" when I dress "normal" everyone at school says things like "wow man, you look different today" or "is this your costume today" acually on Halloween I didn't wear ANY of my gear and just normal clothes and people thought that was weird. :p

Nurhachi1991

Well Raiders I tip my Fedora to you even a die hard fan like myself wouldn't wear Indy gear all the time but I plan to devote my life to Archeology so maybe than I will wear Indy gear! But at my school if I wore that I would be reenacting the German Mechanic/Giant Thuggee/Dovchenko fights of a daily basis haha :hat:

The_Raiders

Nurhachi1991 said:
Well Raiders I tip my Fedora to you even a die hard fan like myself wouldn't wear Indy gear all the time but I plan to devote my life to Archeology so maybe than I will wear Indy gear! But at my school if I wore that I would be reenacting the German Mechanic/Giant Thuggee/Dovchenko fights of a daily basis haha :hat:

Haha, thanks Nurhachi, I wear my indy gear all the time at school and no one makes fun of me, the absolute worst I have heard is "man its alittle weird you dress like that" but everyone has gotten used to it by now so when I told a friend today Im going to wear jeans tomorrow he was shocked "you're acually going to wear jeans?!?!" came to him as a shock, so that was pretty funny. Everyone at school seems to accept it though, I am not a loner at school, nor unpoplar, I'm not a super popular kid though, just average I supose. :)

UIMJ

It's always easier to listen to people who either

A) agree with you
or
B) patronize you
because it's easy to use that as justification that a behavior is okay. Do what you think is best, Raiders. You have some cool Indy outifts for sure, but I'd let the extreme behavior and dressing up go in exchange for something else.

I'm sorry to be the voice of majority dissent here, but these people who are "supporting" you here are not in full support of you as you would think. In any event, cool costumes and good luck, bud! Seriously!

The_Raiders

UIMJ said:

A) agree with you
or
B) patronize you
because it's easy to use that as justification that a behavior is okay. Do what you think is best, Raiders. You have some cool Indy outifts for sure, but I'd let the extreme behavior and dressing up go in exchange for something else.

I'm sorry to be the voice of majority dissent here, but these people who are "supporting" you here are not in full support of you as you would think. In any event, cool costumes and good luck, bud! Seriously!

I understand what you mean complety.
I'm not saying I'm dressed like this 24/7, just alot :p I do dress in "casual" clothes, when I'm not wearing my Indy gear it's usually baggy jeans and t-shirts, with the hat/bag/jacket of course, those are things I acually use on a daily basis. I'm not saying I will continue this dress patern until I'm a full blown adult, I am 16 so I can see how some would find this immature, but like I said I like it, and I am who I am and i'm not going to change who I am for anyone, I do dress "normal" as some would rather define it, but overall I like to dress as Indy, I don't think it looks to bad either, none of it is cheap costume junk, or poorly put together "close enought" items. And the majority of the time I od have pretty good luck with it ;)

Nurhachi1991

UIMJ said:

A) agree with you
or
B) patronize you

Why do you have to be a douche about it? I support him 100 percent he said it himself he does not act like Indy he just wears the clothes as casual wear I would not make fun of him it's not like he busts out a whip in the middle of class or anything there is nothing wrong with wearing khaki pants a fedora and long sleeved white shirt that is not excatly a weird selection for clothes I could see if it was a Jason Voorhees costume or a Captain Kirk costume but honestly there just clothes. I wear my Fedora all the time it is just a piece of clothing man.