Any Resident Evil (game franchise) fans on here?

TheDarkCrusader

I'm really looking forward to Resident Evil 5 this March, I've been a fan of these games since the late nineties. Ever noticed the Indy references in Resident Evil 4 when Leon (the main character) runs from a boulder like in Raiders and the mine cart chase similar to Temple of Doom, not to mention that he also fights an evil cult? :gun:

Ska

I considered myself a die hard RE fan...until I recently realized that I don't like to be scared when playing videogames. Hell I don't even like watching horror movies anymore.

So I don't know if I'll get RE5. Maybe I'll just watch a YouTube walkthrough of the game.

Coronado

HELL YEEEAAAHHH!!! I love the RE games; I've been a fan since day one! (y)

Sadly I don't have a console at the moment so I won't be getting RE5 when it's out - I'll have to wait... :dead: :dead: :dead:

-Coronado

Indy's brother

First review of RE5

According to this source, US Official Playstaion Magazine has a seven page review which ranks the game a "5 out of 5". Notable quote:
"This is like playing an Indiana Jones movie. And not the crappy ones."
Though the March issue of OPM is not out yet, I was able to find this:
3245111465_d04b4c48f3_o.jpg

DocWhiskey

I played the 1st, 2nd, and 4th RE games. I own them in fact. Very fun. I love getting scared when playing video games. RE5 looks great though.

RaideroftheArk

Ska said:
I considered myself a die hard RE fan...until I recently realized that I don't like to be scared when playing videogames. Hell I don't even like watching horror movies anymore.

So I don't know if I'll get RE5. Maybe I'll just watch a YouTube walkthrough of the game.

I can't believe you are saying this because the same thing happened to me.

I use to really be into the RE franchise, ever since RE1 for Playstation, but lately, it's like I can't play them like I use to...I don't have the nerve anymore.

Even so, I love the games, they are absolutely awesome.

A lot of people complained about RE3 being the series downfall, but I really loved that one...especially because it feature Jill Valentine (My favorite character). There was nothing like earning infinite ammo after playing the mercenaries game and then totally destroying the Nemesis within the game.
I use to love using the gatlin gun on him and of course the rocket launcher.

Code Veronica was a lot of fun for its time...especially on the Dreamcast. Despite what people said, I loved the Dreamcast controller with the Video Memory card.

RE4 DEFINITELY has an Indy tone to it...it was the first thing I thought of when I saw Leon running from the boulder and of course the mine cart chase.

Awesome, Awesome games...to me, Resident Evil IS survival horror. Everything else can't come close.

Edit: Just needed to add this...

Regenerators, Scariest creatures of all Resident Evil games!

The Drifter

I must say that I am a huge fan of the series.
But, I was somewhat dissapointed in Resident Evil 4. I missed the slower pacing, back-track-puzzles, and the fixed camera of the past games.

HovitosKing

HovitosKing said:
There's a playable RE5 demo available on PSN now (as of last night).

First of all, I'd really like to extend sincere kudos to Capcom for getting this demo out prior to the game's actual release. That's just flat-out awesome, as most demos I've seen come out months after the game's release.

Having said that, RE5's graphics are stellar and the physics are as fluid as anything I've seen. The gameplay is wildly complex, with lots of 2-button combos to do simple things like shoot and reload, but that may be true of all the games in this series (I'm actually not a "fan"). I didn't think it was anything spectacular and won't be buying it myself, but if you're a fan you'll probably want to check it out. Didn't notice any obvious bugs or glitches, but I only played the demo, and then only for a few minutes (less than an hour total).

Indy Croft

i played RE4 and I also saw RE Degeneration, both of them were fantastic!!!
Sadly I can't buy RE5 I got no console for that:( I will though if i have one

The Drifter

So, has anyone played or beat Resident Evil 5 yet? I bought it a week ago, but gonna start playing it tonight.
What's your take on it? How did you like it? Please, no spoilers.

TheDarkCrusader

I bought it last Friday and finished the game in two days. I don't know if the game is shorter or easier but I just love it. Right now I'm playing through the story mode over again to try and unlock all the goodies and stuff. I'd say it has as good a replay value as RE4 did. There's features in this game that I think are great but at the same time, I don't want to see them continued. For example, you now have a partner (a character named Sheva) play with you which is pretty cool but I hope in the next game you can play alone again. Another thing is the story, I wouldn't say this is a disappointment, just something different but this is not a survival horror game, it's more of a sci-fi action/adventure game. I think the story of this one is a launching pad for RE6. Another change is the item management. There were complaints but it grew on me and I began to like it. You're now limited to carry only nine items and can switch to specific items using the d-pad without bringing the inventory menu up. The reason I like it is because it feels more realistic than it did in RE4 which seemed impossible to carry all those items throughout the game. The graphics and visuals are wonderful. Overall, I don't think this game will let you down as long as you're accepting to changes, if you're a die-hard fan of the old-school style in the first three games and didn't like the changes in RE4, this game is probably not for you.

The Drifter

TheDarkCrusader said:
I'd start out on normal if I were you which is what I'm on now. Some bosses and enemies are pretty tough.

You have a point.
Spoilers below?

I am decent at games, and beat all of the past Resident Evil titles, but I played this a little while ago and died like five times in the first house that gets surrounded by zombies.

The Magic Rat

haha, so other get scared, too?! I thought I was crazy. Never used to get scared, but lately I've been having nightmares of Left 4 Dead. Then again, if I'm playing it right before bed that doesn't help.

RE5 will have to wait, I suppose...

monkey

I have always been a HUGE fan of the whole Resident Evil.........World.

I have played the original Resident Evil at least 4 or 5 times. I have also played RE 2 and 3 several times.

I'm totally into Zombies. I'm also a big fan of George Romero and the whole Living Dead thing.

I own RE 4, but currently don't have a system to play it on. However, I started playing RE 4 shortly before I moved (and gave away my PS2), but it seemed very difficult.

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I don't like video games that are too hard. I like a challenge, but I don't want to be too challenged. I think that RE4 was too challenging.

I stopped playing "Extermination" for the same reason..........to damn hard!

I like games that are hard enough to be a challenge, but not so hard that they frustrate you.

Maybe I'll try again with RE4, after I buy another PS2 or PS3.

But I might instead just play RE1, or 2 or 3 again. I KNOW I can beat them.

Nurhachi1991

I caved and got it yesterday. It is an awesome game!

They even have zombie natives that chased me the whole time I was running to the boat I was going JOCK START THE ENGINES!!!!!!!!! :p