The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
It's all Greek to me.;) Letters page for the Further Adventures...no, really!!

greek2.jpg

IndyBr

JuniorJones said:

There's really nothing interesting there... Abril was just promoving the comics for the brazillian market, nothing else.
Anyway, it's good to see some Indy love from Brazil.

Last edited:

IndyBr

IndyBr said:
There's really nothing interesting there... Abril was just promoving the comics for the brazillian market, nothing else.
Anyway, it's good to see some Indy love from Brazil.

Edit: Oh, and just mentioning... the further adventures, alongside Seven Veils, were the only Indy EU in written form to be released in Brazil.

(Sorry about the double post, I was supposed to hit the edit button, my mistake)

Crack that whip

IndyBr said:
Edit: Oh, and just mentioning... the further adventures, alongside Seven Veils, were the only Indy EU in written form to be released in Brazil.

Off topic, but... wow, really? That's strange - I mean about Indiana Jones and the Seven Veils being released in Brazil, without any of the other novels in the Bantam series. It's a direct sequel to the first couple books, with references to the events in them; it seems very odd to me that it would be published somewhere without at least the previous two books also being published there.
:confused:

Not that it's the only peculiar, inexplicable thing to ever happen with Indy publishing, of course...

harvey

IndyCast 149

Junior -

You're quite welcome. Although, we wish it would have been in the context of discovering the one true...issue #35. ;)

And thanks for posting the link for the IndyCast! I'm a little late to the game this week...

Further Fans, if you want to hear the latest (and last?) word on issue #35, how to fix an Atari 2600 joystick...AND our review of issue #7 - check out the IndyCast!!

http://theindycast.com/since-ive-me...d-drowned-shot-at-and-chopped-into-fish-bait/

54vhaa.jpg

IndyBr

Crack that whip said:
Off topic, but... wow, really? That's strange - I mean about Indiana Jones and the Seven Veils being released in Brazil, without any of the other novels in the Bantam series. It's a direct sequel to the first couple books, with references to the events in them; it seems very odd to me that it would be published somewhere without at least the previous two books also being published there.
:confused:

Not that it's the only peculiar, inexplicable thing to ever happen with Indy publishing, of course...

I couldn't agree with you more. But that's how it was done here. I don't know why they didn't release the rest of the series... maybe it didn't sell much.
They probaly choose Seven Veils because most of the book is set in Brazil... But yeah, strange.

Going back on-topic, I remember reading the story about the Golden Idol... when Indy fights those giant alligators... man, there's no such a thing in the amazon... (nor there are Siafu...) :rolleyes:
Yet, the story remains one of my favorites from the Marvel run. It was nice to see Indy battle his way through the rooftops of New York.

harvey

IndyBr said:
Going back on-topic, I remember reading the story about the Golden Idol... when Indy fights those giant alligators... man, there's no such a thing in the amazon... (nor there are Siafu...) :rolleyes:
Yet, the story remains one of my favorites from the Marvel run. It was nice to see Indy battle his way through the rooftops of New York.

Be sure to check out the next TWO IndyCasts for more on those gators! (y)

Junior - GREAT scans!

Randolph - Pick up the Dark Horse Omnibuses (or snag the books on eBay) and follow along with us on the IndyCast!

http://theindycast.com/

BrodyIsDead

Indiana Jones Further Adventures Omnibus 3

I don't think the Further Adventures Omnibus Volume 3 was ever released in the UK - is it still available in the US? If anyone has one spare I'd be willing to trade for an Indy IMAX UK poster! (y)

BrodyIsDead

National Geographic

Thanks EddyW! Replied to you now. (y)

Just listened to IndyCast 152 and the Dan Reed interview on The Further Adventures segment. Great interview but I was really interested when he mentioned that his recent issue of National Geographic held info about the Indy Adventure of Archaeology exhibition...

Does anyone know which issue this actually is? Month? And is it just a page ad or is it an actual feature?! :confused: