The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones

phantom train

indyclone25 said:
i'm glad you enjoyed it --- maybe if enough people want more i'll scan the next issue, let me know

If you had time to scan the next issue, that would be great - If memory serves, it takes place right after issue #2 (after Indy jumps out of the plane). Thanks again for scanning these issues. I used to have some of these comics, but they're long gone.

indyclone25

i'm a bit busy this morning --- we ahd some rough storms here last night -- so i have a bit of cleaning up to do outside but i will have issue three up soon

Johnny Jones

Don't feel rushed, this is a volunteer effort on your part after all, and life happens. I'm curious though about why no one is posting here except you, phantom train and I. Does everyone else really already have these comics?

indyclone25

it's possible ---- but i figured that anyone who hasn't seen them would enjoy seeing them ---- i have the entire series ---so eventaully this could be a long thread

Stoo

Johnny Jones said:
I'm curious though about why no one is posting here except you, phantom train and I. Does everyone else really already have these comics?
There is a fair amount of members here who have the issues. My series is complete, bought straight from
the rack back in the day. Love 'em! Some great character and stories in there and #1 & 2 are two of the best.

Perhaps some people just take it for granted that almost anything/everything can be found on the 'net?
Ex. the "Secret de la Pyramide" thread. It got 1,500 hits but only a handful of people (yourself included)
participated. Add the fact that there is a percentage of visitors who don't actually talk about Indy at all.

However, if there are Omnibus editions planned for the Marvel series, this thread could have an effect on sales.:eek:

Johnny Jones

Stoo said:
However, if there are Omnibus editions planned for the Marvel series, this thread could have an effect on sales.:eek:

If that happens, hopefully the moderators will delete the thread or something. I like all these free things but I don't want any of them to go beyond the boundaries of law.(n)

Lao_Che

Johnny Jones said:
If that happens, hopefully the moderators will delete the thread or something. I like all these free things but I don't want any of them to go beyond the boundaries of law.(n)

Bit too late for that. ;)

I was sure I saw a comment by Jeremy Barlow (the then IJ editor) when browsing the Dark Horse message boards a while back saying that had plans for the Marvel issues but I can't seem to find it.

yodazone

Lao_Che said:
Bit too late for that. ;)

I was sure I saw a comment by Jeremy Barlow (the then IJ editor) when browsing the Dark Horse message boards a while back saying that had plans for the Marvel issues but I can't seem to find it.

I remember one of the editors mentioned on the boards last year that they had a hard time finding the original film to the Indy Marvel Comics for reprints. That they might have to resort to cutting up actual comic issues for scanning/remastering.

:eek:

DIrishB

Johnny Jones said:

I was thinking the same thing. However, since as of the moment these haven't been reprinted, it could be argued they're hard to come by due to their age (its been over 20 years since they were released). I'm not sure of the exact legal issues surrounding such a thing, though. However, I know most of the serious Indy fans would probably buy Omnibus editions if they ever were to happen.

In other words, I don't think this one thread will affect sales of a possible Omnibus collection of these issues.

Lao_Che

yodazone said:
I remember one of the editors mentioned on the boards last year that they had a hard time finding the original film to the Indy Marvel Comics for reprints. That they might have to resort to cutting up actual comic issues for scanning/remastering.

:eek:

That might be the post I was thinking of. (n)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I really, really, really wish they would make an Omnibus for the Further Adventures. I have three issues of them at home, and I enjoy them way more than the DH 90's issues. They're very hard to get and I really want to read all them.... oh, alright, I just want the "Search for Abner", the second issue to the Idol story arc and the "Africa Screams" issues. I couldn't care less for the ones without Marion in it.

DIrishB

Violet Indy said:
I really, really, really wish they would make an Omnibus for the Further Adventures. I have three issues of them at home, and I enjoy them way more than the DH 90's issues. They're very hard to get and I really want to read all them.... oh, alright, I just want the "Search for Abner", the second issue to the Idol story arc and the "Africa Screams" issues. I couldn't care less for the ones without Marion in it.

They really should get the Omnibus editions out for these issues.

However, the original issues aren't really that hard to come by. I snagged the full run (all 34 issues in GREAT shape) off Ebay around the time Crystal Skull was released for less than $50. Works out to barely a dollar an issue. I know I might've gotten lucky, but the Marvel issues aren't too hard to find.

Especially in regards to Dark Horse needing to find them to reprint/recolor/etc the Marvel issues. A company that size shouldn't really be facing much of a challenge in finding 34 issues for reprint purposes.

I think in Dark Horse's case its more an issue of getting the rights to reprint material originally printed by Marvel. I'm not sure of the situation with the copyright for those issues: is it still owned by Marvel, or has it gone back to Lucasfilm, do Dark Horse own rights to ALL Indy comics in the US or world, etc. Its confusing as hell.

But yeah, I don't really think the issue with Dark Horse not getting around to reprinting the Marvel Indy comics really has anything to do with finding originals to make those reprints from.

Hell, I'll give them mine if it'd help get the Omnibus editions done. I'd prefer a nicely remastered, Omnibus edition (or two) over the individual issues.

And of course, if you just want to read them, you could always torrent them. I know there are many collections of Indy comics torrents around the web (including the DH comics, the Marvel movie adaptations and the Further Adventures). Of course, I only recommend that if you own the actual issues (wink, wink).

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
DIrishB said:
They really should get the Omnibus editions out for these issues.

However, the original issues aren't really that hard to come by. I snagged the full run (all 34 issues in GREAT shape) off Ebay around the time Crystal Skull was released for less than $50. Works out to barely a dollar an issue. I know I might've gotten lucky, but the Marvel issues aren't too hard to find.

Especially in regards to Dark Horse needing to find them to reprint/recolor/etc the Marvel issues. A company that size shouldn't really be facing much of a challenge in finding 34 issues for reprint purposes.

I think in Dark Horse's case its more an issue of getting the rights to reprint material originally printed by Marvel. I'm not sure of the situation with the copyright for those issues: is it still owned by Marvel, or has it gone back to Lucasfilm, do Dark Horse own rights to ALL Indy comics in the US or world, etc. Its confusing as hell.

But yeah, I don't really think the issue with Dark Horse not getting around to reprinting the Marvel Indy comics really has anything to do with finding originals to make those reprints from.

Hell, I'll give them mine if it'd help get the Omnibus editions done. I'd prefer a nicely remastered, Omnibus edition (or two) over the individual issues.

And of course, if you just want to read them, you could always torrent them. I know there are many collections of Indy comics torrents around the web (including the DH comics, the Marvel movie adaptations and the Further Adventures). Of course, I only recommend that if you own the actual issues (wink, wink).

Remember what part of the world I live in. They're hard to come by down here and I am unable to order from the web and being a uni student, trying to save cash. All those factors combined equals hard to get. Supanova's the only time of year I've got half a chance and didn't manage to find any I didn't own, but on the bright side got cards and a Michael Byrne autograph card.

I never knew about the comic torrents though. I never even knew they existed. I have found the LC movie adaptions in a comic store, however I can't find #4, which is really annoying. I do personally prefer owning them, it's a lot cheaper in the long run! And I'm worried that if I track them down now and buy them, that DH will publish the volume and I'm not a fussy collector, but it would peeve me hugely!

yodazone

DIrishB said:
Dark Horse has the rights to reprint all the Marvel Indy comics. I don't think they're aware of French Editions though. Maybe new members posting over in the DH forums to remind (demand!) them about those issues would help..... (y)

DIrishB said:

Sometimes they'll ask the fans to help out for really good copies in case they can't find the original film. Earlier this year they needed to reprint a rare Star Wars story that was printed in an old UK only Weekly and one fan fedex'd them a copy and they worked off that.

:)

indyclone25

issue 4 is ready------- wow over 300 views i hope the rest of you are enjoying this --- some great stories are in these comics

Last edited:

Stoo

O.K. This issue has always made me laugh, personally, because of this:

"That was quick thinking, Indy!"

"Thanks, but Montreal should get the credit. I worked at dig there a few years back.
A subway construction crew uncovered a Seneca indian burial ground. I learned a lot
about Senecas...and subways!"

I LOVED the reference but digging for the subway (metro) only started in the early '60s! Too funny!:D

phantom train

Thanks again, indyclone25, for going out of your way to post these issues. The third and fourth issues were also great, and the artwork is exceptional.

To address a concern that others have had, I don't think this thread will affect any potential DH Omnibus sales if they decided to reprint these Marvel issues.
If anything, I suspect seeing these will actually make fans want the issues even more. Speaking for myself, after reading these I'm even more interested in seeing a collection of these Marvel issues re-colored and reprinted on high quality paper.

Since the series ran for only 34 issues (no Annuals), DH could produce only
2-3 Omnibuses for the whole series.
The only concern I have about a potential Omnibus collection is that Dark Horse is notorious for not reprinting all of the covers in these types of collections. We'll see.

AnnieJones

The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones comics

I was just wondering,does anyone have the original copies of The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones comics?If so,I was wondering how many of them Marion was in and what was the last year they were together.I'm guessing it would have the year in comic books themselves.