Indiana Jones Quiz

Aztec

Thank you for the welcome! Aztec is a he and his name is Geoff, and I belive Jones found the Philosopher's stone in "The Philosopher's stone", as well as the comic IJ and the Iron Phoenix. I've been keeping an eye on this post for a wihile, and didn't think I knew any of them. I have even suprised myself... that is if I got this one right.

Junior Jones

Edward The Head said:
He also found it in the Interior World book. So it looks like there were at least three so far.

Wow! Edward the Head is one ahead of me. I was only thinking of the two that Aztec mentioned. (I'd better re-read Interior World, although I hate that book.)

I think I'll wait before posting the next question, just in case there's another one.

By the way, I don't have a problem (continuity wise) with Indy discovering multiple Philosopher's Stones. That's not so much an artifact as a product. Alchemists all over the world were trying to make the Philosopher's Stone. If one succeeded, any number of them could have.

Junior Jones said:
By the way, I don't have a problem (continuity wise) with Indy discovering multiple Philosopher's Stones. That's not so much an artifact as a product. Alchemists all over the world were trying to make the Philosopher's Stone. If one succeeded, any number of them could have.

Actually in the books it's the same one since the original had been stolen and Indy was the only one who could get it back. I only knew this because I have just re-read the book a couple of weeks ago, otherwise I would have never remembered.

IndyBuff

I'm currently reading The Philoshoper's Stone again so I knew that answer but the Iron Phoenix I didn't know about, so I was only half-right. I believe that the stone is missing in The Philosopher's Stone and a madman by the name of Sarducci has a manuscript that is supposed to be a map that leads out into the desert where the stone is located. I only started re-reading it again last week but that's the basic plot of the book.

Aztec, welcome to The Raven!:whip:

Aztec

I was under the impression that Jones was returning the Unicorn's horn in "Interior World", because he got rid of it in "Unicorn's Legacy". I just picked up the McCoy novels on E-bay, so I read the other's over that I hadn't read sice they first came out. What are we talking? 10 years? Anyway, maybe the Phil. Stone was in "Interior World". It seems to me the authors are dealing with too many of the same things. "Interior World/Hollow Earth", "Phil's Stone/ Iron Phoenix" There are other mystical archaeological finds still to be discovered.
Oh, and by the way, I found the Cliff's Notes of Jones-

http://www.innermind.com/youngindy/info/indy.htm

It makes me feel like I'm in the know.

IndyBuff

Aztec said:
I was under the impression that Jones was returning the Unicorn's horn in "Interior World", because he got rid of it in "Unicorn's Legacy". I just picked up the McCoy novels on E-bay, so I read the other's over that I hadn't read sice they first came out. What are we talking? 10 years? Anyway, maybe the Phil. Stone was in "Interior World". It seems to me the authors are dealing with too many of the same things. "Interior World/Hollow Earth", "Phil's Stone/ Iron Phoenix" There are other mystical archaeological finds still to be discovered.
Oh, and by the way, I found the Cliff's Notes of Jones-

http://www.innermind.com/youngindy/info/indy.htm

It makes me feel like I'm in the know.

You're right about The Interior World. It revolved around the unicorn's horn and was a continuation, so to speak, of The Unicorn's Legacy. I don't recall the philosopher's stone being in the novel but perhaps I overlooked it somewhere. The majority of the book focused on Indy being inside the interior world and trying to escape, althought the alicorn did play a part in the book. I like both books and it was neat to see the same artifact show up in both, kind of like the Crystal Skull did in Max McCoy's books.

Junior Jones

Question #9

I believe we're up to question #9, which comes to us today from the department of unoriginal ideas. And its a two-part question.

a. Where did Ernst Toht's sister Ilsa appear?
b. Where did Rene Belloq's brother Claude appear?

Good luck!

Stoo

A. She appears in Marrakesh and Brazil in issues 9 & 10 of the Marvel series.
The story is called "The Gold Goddess" with Chapter 1 as "Xomec's Raiders"
and Chapter 2, "Amazon Death-Ride".

B. Claude is in one of the "Find-your-Fate" books. (I had a few of these but
lost them a looooong time ago).

I have a good Indy trivia question for #10 - if you don't mind, Junior Jones.:)

Junior Jones

Stoo is correct. (Although VP gets partial credit :p )

For anyone who's interested, I did an adaptation of that "Find Your Fate" book, taking the best parts of the various branches and putting them into a linear story. Here's the link to my version of The Eye of the Fates.

Stoo said:
I have a good Indy trivia question for #10 - if you don't mind, Junior Jones.
Be my guest.

Stoo

Well, I would hint to you that's it's in an Old Indy bookend but VP actually
got the correct answer (even though he GUESSED)!:whip:

Indy is a type "O" but knowing that Aaron doesn't really go for the TV show,
I'm curious to know where the "A-" memory might come from? Is it mentioned
in the books? (I know I'm a muppet for being curious but I do have an appetite
for trivia).

Gilles V

Administrator Emeritus
Old Indy mentions that he has type "O" at the end of the TV-series chapter "German East Africa, December 1916".

But don't look for this part in the The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones video "Oganga, The Giver and Taker of Life" because the Old Indy's scenes have been removed from that version.