• Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • Neither - they are both perfect

Votes: 30 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Quickening said:
"Quick, lets have Indy and Marion get married out of nowhere despite the fact that they only just met again after decades, there has been no buildup and nothing has been resolved. It'll make the fans happy."

It was probably more like, "It'll be a perfect, 1950s-style ending."

Benraianajones

Quickening said:
Well I don't want to derail the topic, but I really think that just finishing beside the sunken Akator would have been enough with some more dialogue. Some implication that Indy and Marion were going to give a relationship a try and that Mutt was at least warming to the idea of Indy as his dad. This way it leaves it open for all the fans to decide in their own minds how things went. It also doesn't tie Indy down for further adventures either on film, in books, games etc.

Got to admit, I'd have liked that, a shot at the very end of them all getting back on their feet and trying to make sense of recent events, then indications of Marion/Indy giving it another shot, and a nice shot of the sunkern Akator landscape, as the camera panned out and the theme came on, would have been nice.

Agent Z

If Kingdom was intended to be the final film, then I can deal with the wedding.

If the Beards come back in a year or two with the "Full House" version of Indy/Mutt ("Mindy"?) V, then I reserve all rights to thus hate said ending at that time.

Nurhachi1991

Agent Z said:
If Kingdom was intended to be the final film, then I can deal with the wedding.

If the Beards come back in a year or two with the "Full House" version of Indy/Mutt ("Mindy"?) V, then I reserve all rights to thus hate said ending at that time.

Hey leave Full House out of this.................. Come on Cut It Out

StoneTriple

graz said:
how long after they left the Amazon was the Wedding? I mean, presumably Indy had to prove himself to the Feds, the Dean of the College appears to have been reinstated - so we must be looking a couple of months down the line surely?
+1

I assumed that was the case when I was watching it the first time. No way it was rushed into.

I enjoyed that ending. During the course of the film it's hinted at, as well as demonstrated, that they've both had feelings for each other. The wedding fit the film.

Last edited:

deckard24

KOTCS by a long shot!!

As much as I enjoyed the film, that ending was super cheesey! The hazy dream sequence look to it (thanks to Kaminski) only made matters worse!

Sam Falco

I dont think TOD had a cheesy ending really, it was a very honest moment for that movie. I mean, come on, some dude just saved your ass from a dark tunnel where you were being slaved out to dig until you died... I'd wanna cheer for that guy too!

Also, you have to consider the source material that these movies come from, the dashing hero just went through hell, beat the bad guys and now he gets the girl as the rescued people cheer his name. That was his fortune and glory.

mutt willams

Sam Falco said:
I dont think TOD had a cheesy ending really, it was a very honest moment for that movie. I mean, come on, some dude just saved your ass from a dark tunnel where you were being slaved out to dig until you died... I'd wanna cheer for that guy too!

Also, you have to consider the source material that these movies come from, the dashing hero just went through hell, beat the bad guys and now he gets the girl as the rescued people cheer his name. That was his fortune and glory.

ya, i mean how would you guys feel if you were in that position?

graz

Sam Falco said:

I suppose, one of my big problems is understanding what Indy saw in Willie in the first place. Sure she would be ok for a quick bunk up, but after listening to her whining and screaming for the last couple of hours, I would have thought he would have been glad to see the back of her!

I enjoyed seeing Indy & Marion get married - but I can see from the poll I'm losing this one! (y)

Benraianajones

graz said:
I suppose, one of my big problems is understanding what Indy saw in Willie in the first place. Sure she would be ok for a quick bunk up, but after listening to her whining and screaming for the last couple of hours, I would have thought he would have been glad to see the back of her!
! (y)

He didn't see anything in her in the first place! And I am sure her and Indy did have a "bunk" up in the end, but I think Indy did see a new side to Willie towards the end, as did Shorty, like I've just said in a previous thread, though she screamed at the bridge at a few points, she had changed quite a bit by then. Imagine her at the start - then when she is saving Short Round and even throwing rocks to save Indy. And she obviously started to care about things other than herself, cause she says in a turning moment "Let's get out of here" - Let US! Not herself! I always feel proud when she says that.:)

She was fiesty and resourceful deep down, not to Marion's level, but she was in her own way, but it was obscured by her pampered life.

graz

Agent Z said:
You need to see more films....and laying down a bit on the booze might help a tad as well....(y)

Yes, I was thinking this was a bit of an exagerration even for a KOTCS hater. I didn't want to say anything though because Sankara's a bit sad at the minute and I don't want to upset him! :hat:

Agent Z

graz said:
Yes, I was thinking this was a bit of an exagerration even for a KOTCS hater. I didn't want to say anything though because Sankara's a bit sad at the minute and I don't want to upset him! :hat:

True, and I need to amend my previous suggestion about the alcohol. I have also considered that his garbled posts may be from someone not so comfortable with the English language. So, I will go all Pebbles and give him the benefit of the doubt.....

Sankara

Sad? I'm not sad. I don't think that anybody here is happier about "Indy 1 - 3" than me! :)

Well, english is not my mother language. I'm very very very good in words in my own language, because it's my professional.

You think my posts are always amazing because I know so much about Indy? Well these post are nothing against my reviews in german language.

I need to see more films? Well, I'm a pundit (for an radiostation). Watching movies is part of my job. So... yes... "Skull" has a lousy ending... very lousy...

An Alien in an Indy-Movie... a marriage... :D