What music do you listen to?

DocWhiskey

I searched this forum but I was surprised I didn't find a thread with such a general question. If I somehow skipped over it I'm sorry.

That being said...

To new Raveners and old Raveners alike,

What music do you listen to?

What bands? What musicians? Who's your absolute favorite? What great concerts have you been to? Have you met any favorite musician of yours?

I like a lot of oldies. My favorites are Johnny Cash, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Frank Sinatra, and Wolfmother(weird that they're in here, right?). I also listen to a lot of The Doors and Led Zepplin. I like some Rolling Stones here and there and the Animals. I like a lot Jazz and Blues also.

For my birthday my friends chipped in and bought me a ticket to see Metallica with them. I don't know why because in the years I've known them i don't remember saying that i was a big Metallica fan. I don't like metal. I listened to Metallica YEARS AGO back when I was a freshman in high school. Don't get me wrong, they're a good band. But the concert was last night and they blew my head off. They were fantastic. I couldn't get over how great they were.

Now it's your turn....

Morning Bell

Music is one of my biggest passions and I like many different genres. My favorite artist ever is U2.(y)

Some other favorites include Beck, Nada Surf, The Killers, Radiohead, Elvis Costello, Counting Crows, The Clash, Coldplay, The Flaming Lips, My Morning Jacket, Bjork, The Police, The White Stripes, Switchfoot, Barenaked Ladies, Death Cab for Cutie, Neutral Milk Hotel, Interpol, Sonic Youth, Matthew Sweet, R.E.M., Starflyer 59, The Smiths, They Might Be Giants, Keane, Oasis, Snow Patrol, and John Williams.

Stoo

DocWhiskey said:
I searched this forum but I was surprised I didn't find a thread with such a general question. If I somehow skipped over it I'm sorry.
There are tons of these threads but to answer your question:

THE WHO - I found The Who the same year "Raiders" came out. Seen them dozens of times (lost count) and even partied with them.
I also like punk, mod bands, Syd Barrett, Simon & Garfunkel, The Beach Boys and The Everly Brothers. Anything with good guitar and harmonies...
Pete Townshend is my guitar hero.

My favourite concerts:
The Who at House of Blues, Chicago, 1999 (right up front in a small venue)
Aerosmith at the Spectrum, Philadelphia, 1989
The Beach Boys at the Forum, Montreal, 1986? (w/ Roy Orbison opening)

Most insane shows:
Butthole Surfers at Club Soda, Montreal, 1987
GWAR at Les Foufounes Electriques, Montreal, 198?
G.G. Allin at Les Foufounes Electriques, Montreal, 198?

Last edited:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Rock, pop and a bit of alternative (alright and movie themes, god I'm such a nerd!)

I love the Killers. They're my favourite band. I also love Fallout Boy (trying to go to their concert, they're coming to Brissie), Anastacia, Lady Gaga (a new favourite), Train, Live, Evanescence, Christina Aguilera, Rogue Traders, Jet, Barenaked Ladies, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and P!nk. Older stuff: AC/DC (who doesn't?), The Angels, Elvis, ABBA. Movie stuff: John Williams, all the Shrek albums, Moulin Rouge album and The Labyrinth album (Terry Jones & David Bowie).

I have seen Bryan Adams, Train, Live and Kate Cerbrano.

Nurhachi1991

I listen to 1950s music

Buddy Holly

Fats Domino

Chuck Berry

Danny and The Juniors

Elvis

The Marcels

The Monotones

well you get the idea to bad no one else likes this kind of music so I'm generally an outcast when it comes to music :(

Indy's brother

Well, I can say with pure conviction that Screeching Weasel is my hands-down all-time favorite band. Beyond that, I listen to a lot of stuff, so I'll just list what's been getting heavy rotation these days:

The Ramones!
Los Straitjackets
The Sonics
T.S.O.L
Man or Astroman
Iggy Pop (American Ceasar)
NOFX
Both Henry Rollins & Black Flag
...and a smattering of metal classics like Judas Priest, Megadeath, Slayer, Metallica (only the old stuff, thank you), oh yeah, and an album of various original James Bond themes (the old stuff). The main theme is great for driving to work, especially if you're late for everything like I am!

P.S. Stoo, Independent Worm Saloon is about as flawless as it gets! I broke my ankle at a Butthole Surfers concert many years ago. A G.G. Allin show? I'll admit, I was curious when he was alive, but not enough to actually go!

TheDarkCrusader

I listen to all kinds, mostly rock from the 60s,70s and 80s. A lot of these bands are The Beatles, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, early Black Sabbath, Van Halen , AC/DC, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Guns n' Roses, Tom Petty, Neil Young, Bob Dylan.

Goonie

I uh like a very much Korki Buchek you know Korki Buchek? Bing-Bang-Bing-Bang-Bing-dl-dl-ding-ding *click* *click* *click-click* Bing-Bang-Bing-Bang-Bing-dl-dl-ding-ding *click* *click* -Borat

I like: The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, David Bowie, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Johnny Cash, Eric Clapton, Billy Idol, The Bee Gees, U2, Barenaked Ladies, The Killers, The Corrs, Moby, Enigma, Blue Man Group, Delerium, Conjure One, Various Movie Soundtracks. I'm a fan of a wide range of music, even classical and country. The only thing I haven't really gotten into is gangsta rap.

I've hardly been to any concerts. I saw Billy Idol live here in Kelowna. Steve Stevens was here with him. It was a pretty good concert. I also saw Blue Man Group here locally when they were on tour.

Ska

311 (obsessed with)
RX Bandits (a close second)

After that, it changes frequently. But here are some that are always towards the top:

Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers
The Refreshments
Peter Gabriel
Enya
The Police
The Living End
Sublime
Green Day
Tool
A Perfect Circle
Mute Math
Reel Big Fish

Insomniac

1. The Beatles
2. Green Day
3. Led Zepplin
4. Pink Flyod
5. Queen
6. AC/DC
7. David Bowie
John Williams Too!

NoCamels

I like a little bit of everything except light rock, though I'm very picky about rap or hip hop. Some of my favorite bands are:

Newsboys
U2
Barlow Girl
Superchick
Petra (to a point. They're a little too cheesy for constant listening)
Various hits of the 80's
Beach Boys
Beatles
Bon Jovi
TobyMac
Moby
Flaming Lips
Andrew Lloyd Weber musicals
San Antonio Vocal Arts Ensemble, ODRES, and Gregorian Chant for medieval/ancient music
Igor Stravinski for classical music.

I also really like soundtracks. Currently I've been on a Doctor Who soundtrack kick, and I have a playlist of various TV and movie theme songs that I listen to a lot. Lord of the Rings is another favorite. And I have some old Disney tapes that are kind of my guilty pleasure for long driving trips.

indyclone25

well my music is rather very varied ------
i like -----
men at work
the police
the eagles
jewel
and of course john williams
the indy scores and star wars scores
and then many other soundtracks
young indy series
back to the future movies
the nightmare on elm street series
the lethal weapon movies

just a bunch of stuff ---
sorry just can't get into rap tho ---:sick:

Indy Croft

my favorite musician is Avril Lavigne! I'm totally addicted to Complicated!!! I listen to it everyday!

next is Weird Al

Jailhouse rick by Elvis

a bunch of songs by youtube celebrities such as Goldentusk and Davedays!!

John Williams goes in too of course

I'm not a music maniac, if i get one cd i listen to it for a long time, and never get tired of it so i don't go searching for new musics

Mrs_Fedora

I like all sorts of music, but if I had to make a list:

- Pink Floyd/Roger Waters/David Gilmour
- the Australian Pink Floyd Show (they are absolutely brilliant)
- Coldplay
- U2
- Genesis/Peter Gabriel/Phil Collins
- the Police/Sting
- AC/DC (yes, I like them as well :p )
- Fleetwood mac
- Dave Matthews Band
- Lots of 80's classics ;)

and besides this also lots of film scores like (of course) Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, Gladiator, the Shawshank Redemption, Stardust, Pirates of the Caribbean etc.

AlivePoet

Noticed nobody here has yet mentioned the sublime Feist. One of the best contemporary indie-rockers in the biz. :whip:

I really like the Beatles, but have a particularly soft spot in my heart for Ringo Starr. From the time I was 4 years old and throughout my childhood, I heard his voice both from my dad's record player and as the narrator for Thomas the Tank Engine. Fond times to be remembered.

Additionally: Queen, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Sorgente, Beast, Orange Orange, Swift, Leonard Cohen, U2, ELO. Quite a few more, but those are from the top of my head.

Great thread, by the way. :hat:

adventure_al

Mostly rock, modern but the no-nonsense type I like a big bass line and some drums. Guess if you had to stick a label on it, it may go down as 'post hardcore'. Mostly Brittish bands as many american bands come over as whiney or gimmicky. The european and other countries 'rock scenes' just seem to immitate brittish and american music anyway.

My favourite band in the world, ever is:

=REUBEN=

I also like Biffy Clyro an awesome scottish band. (their album 'blackened sky' is a must own imo)

Others worthy of a mention are:
-Muse.
-Million Dead.
-Hundred Reasons.
-Jetplane Landing

IAdventurer01

I listen to practically everything except for some rap/hip-hop which can get trying quickly. When it comes to my favorites, I just list the first few that come to my head.

Off-Kilter
Billy Joel
Tally Hall
Ludo
The Seatbelts
12 Girls Band
Oh, and of course John Williams.

Dyonus

Mine varies, but it's all rock and roll/alternative:

-Queen
-Rolling Stones
-The Who
-Ramones
-Beastie Boys
-Sublime
-Gnarls Barkley
-Weird Al
-They Might Be Giants
-Beck
-Flight of the Conchords
-Weezer

and some others

Last edited:

Gear

I posted another one of these in a different thread, but decided this'n was more suitable.

This ones also boss.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hT5eJwgAtvY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hT5eJwgAtvY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

As for the OP question, my profiles that'a way <

ExpeditionJones

I have a weird taste in music:
(in no order)
- The Beatles
- Radiohead
- Johnny Cash
- The Ink Spots
- Elvis
- The Arctic Monkeys
- The Animals
- Death From Above 1979