Halloween...

Gear

|ZiR| said:
"Harry Potter: 15 years later." Y'know, Scar, 5 o'clock shadow, dirty wifebeater, wand, broken broomsticks in the frontyard.
QUOTE]

HA HA HA!!!
Thats great!

And Shipwreck, I love the costumes!

VERY NICE! (y)

Niteshade007

Ok, I no longer work Wednesday nights, so I officially have Halloween off. I thought about different costumes, but, being a poor college student who hates his job and doesn't want to put in more time to buy a costume he's only going to wear to a couple parties, I decided to go with what I have and just buy a few more pieces. I am now going as Indiana Jones. I have the fedora and a cheap brown pleather jacket, and of course khakis, so the costume won't be authentic, but it'll have to do. I went to JcPenny and got a khaki shirt, and then to Target to get a cap gun (actually I got two, but they came together. I'll only wear one). I haven't tried everything on together, but I'm sure it'll look fine.

Gear

Thats pretty cool. I went as Indy a few years ago and it looked pretty good. I wore a denim jakect (Not authentic I know but it was the best I could do) but the rest was good.

Michael24

Okay, I don't know what happened, but I swear I posted this a week or two ago, but now I don't see it. Anyway, this was my Marty McFly costume from last Halloween, which I had originally put together for last year's San Diego ComiCon.

2006october01.jpg

This year I'm thinking I might be Indiana Jones. I've got an official Fedora, a leather jacket (though not quite the same style), a similar bag, I think my dad has some shoes I could use, and a pair of tan-ish pants. All I really need to do is find a whip somewhere. Spirit just had this cheap-looking one in the western section. Won't look 100% screen accurate, but close enough, and these days I don't like spending a lot of money on costume supplies.

|ZiR|

nezobiwan said:
Been telling people this for YEARS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLN8oqIG01k

Enjoy that. I always do...

Oh my gosh! The Worst Witch! I haven't thought about that movie in AGES. Tim Curry's great in everything. Oddly enough, I prefer Shock Treatment over Rocky Horror.

Michael24 said:
Marty Mcfly

That's awesome. I don't think I've ever seen a Mcfly costume. You even got an old school skateboard! The watch, too. Good job! (y)

Michael24

All I had to buy wear the shoes (custom-made through Nike for $90), the vest, the semi-checkered shirt (which took me weeks to find), and the watch. Casio still makes the same model watch Marty wears in the film. And the skateboard I've had for probably twenty years. The same model as Marty's shows up on eBay from time to time, but I've never been able to grab one.

nezobiwan

Michael24 said:
All I had to buy wear the shoes (custom-made through Nike for $90), the vest, the semi-checkered shirt (which took me weeks to find), and the watch. Casio still makes the same model watch Marty wears in the film. And the skateboard I've had for probably twenty years. The same model as Marty's shows up on eBay from time to time, but I've never been able to grab one.

Great scott! This is heavy. (y)

Shipwreck

Moderator Emeritus
Michael24 said:

My accountant has a 1985 Deloreon (sp?) with only 73 miles on it and in emmaculant condition. Her grandson asks her when they can take it flying.

NoCamels

Oh cool! If I had a Delorian, I'd drive it around, though. You could be in parades with that car! ;) That Marty McFly outfit is great, too.

I'll probably decide on Monday what I'll be this year. If I'm feeling ambitious, I'll be Marion (Basket Chase outfit). I have the patterns and the fabric, but I'm not a great sew-er so it'll be work. Otherwise I'll be the green Jedi again.

Michael24

Shipwreck said:
My accountant has a 1985 Deloreon (sp?) with only 73 miles on it and in emmaculant condition. Her grandson asks her when they can take it flying.

I am so jealous. I've always wanted a Delorean thanks to BACK TO THE FUTURE, and I still hope to buy one someday. When I was little, someone a couple blocks away from our house had one that was always parked infront of their house, and I used to walk over there all the time to see it. One time when they weren't home, I stopped really quick to pose next to it while my mom took a picture.

Gear

Michael24 said:
I am so jealous. I've always wanted a Delorean thanks to BACK TO THE FUTURE, and I still hope to buy one someday. When I was little, someone a couple blocks away from our house had one that was always parked infront of their house, and I used to walk over there all the time to see it. One time when they weren't home, I stopped really quick to pose next to it while my mom took a picture.

Thats awsome. I first saw Back to the Future when I was like 13 and really liked it. I always thought Marty was really cool.

AngieAki

You would be a GREAT classy devil Gear... very sexy. =D

You could go as a Beatle but you wouldn't look that much different. :p

I am not going to dress up unless I get invited to a party.

Shipwreck

Moderator Emeritus
Michael24 said:

Well, just so you know- the reason you most likely saw a Deloreon parked was due to it often breaking down, the expense of parts (in part, due to the creator's infamous dealings-look him up sometime), and because (car lovers will back me up on this) it was probably one of the worst cars ever made. Although, I agree it looked cool.

Niteshade007

Ugh...I'm going to a Halloween party this Saturday, and I thought I'd get my friends together before the party to carve a pumpkin, decide who was going to be DD, etc. But now I just found out that our Homecoming Game is at 8:00 that night. I can move the whole-pumpkin thing up a night, but that means that if I want to go to the party, I have to miss the game, and most of my friends are die-hard football fans, so they won't miss it for a party. I can't really do both, since the game would probably get out around midnight, putting us at the party at around one...this sucks.

Sorry, had to vent. I'll post pictures though this weekend (hopefully), depending on what I do.

Michael24

Shipwreck said:
Well, just so you know- the reason you most likely saw a Deloreon parked was due to it often breaking down, the expense of parts (in part, due to the creator's infamous dealings-look him up sometime), and because (car lovers will back me up on this) it was probably one of the worst cars ever made. Although, I agree it looked cool.

Oh, the car that was near our house certainly worked. I often saw the home owner driving it around and stuff. So it definitely was "just parked" because it didn't run or anything. Last time I saw a Delorean driving around was up in the Hollywood Hills in 2003, so I know they're still around. Was just watching "80s Tech" on History Channel's MODERN MARVELS a week ago, and they showed how the new Delorean Motor Company and rebuild old ones and even build brand new ones from existing parts that run great. Too bad I'll probably never be able to afford one, though. :(

Gear

AngieAki said:
You would be a GREAT classy devil Gear... very sexy. =D

You could go as a Beatle but you wouldn't look that much different. :p

I am not going to dress up unless I get invited to a party.

I could sort of mix the two: Yoko Ono Devil! :D

No Ticket

Well I wound up deciding to go as a medieval knight with sword. A girl convinced me it was a good idea when she saw me in the costume... and I listened.

indy34

No Ticket said:
Well I wound up deciding to go as a medieval knight with sword. A girl convinced me it was a good idea when she saw me in the costume... and I listened.
hey your back somebody said you were dead you look good(y)
Sorry I couldn't resist my self I love say that to people that have been away:p