General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I think he says "I just don't care enough" or "I just don't care right now."
The sooner Red Tails is dumped in theaters, the better.

lao che & sons

My perspetive on this entire situation has changed since I first heard the "news" back in june or july that Indy 5 was "gearing up". Now after a thousand other quotes exactly like that one, I believe there won't be an Indiana Jones 5 unless it is a reboot which may happen in another 15 years. I am also a little dissapointed in the way George Lucas answered many of the questions in that video. It made everything bad that's been said about him true in my eyes. However, I don't mind not having another Indiana Jones. just let it go. Lucas gave us Original Trilogy Indiana Jones, Star Wars/ The Empire Strikes Back, and American Graffiti. For me that's more than enough to call him a great filmmaker... Stanley Kubrick, Hitchcock, or Spielberg great? no. But a great filmmaker.

Plus I'm tired of hearing how disastrous Indiana jones 4 was. With the news of 5 it'll just gear up even more critizicm :(

RedeemedChild

lao che & sons said:
My perspetive on this entire situation has changed since I first heard the "news" back in june or july that Indy 5 was "gearing up". Now after a thousand other quotes exactly like that one, I believe there won't be an Indiana Jones 5 unless it is a reboot which may happen in another 15 years. I am also a little dissapointed in the way George Lucas answered many of the questions in that video. It made everything bad that's been said about him true in my eyes. However, I don't mind not having another Indiana Jones. just let it go. Lucas gave us Original Trilogy Indiana Jones, Star Wars/ The Empire Strikes Back, and American Graffiti. For me that's more than enough to call him a great filmmaker... Stanley Kubrick, Hitchcock, or Spielberg great? no. But a great filmmaker.

Plus I'm tired of hearing how disastrous Indiana jones 4 was. With the news of 5 it'll just gear up even more critizicm :(

I must agree with you Lao Che. Everything you've said is more or less true.

George Lucas is indeed a great filmmaker and he has inspired countless others.

Movies ranging from Pirates of the Caribbean, the new Karate Kid, The Forbidden Kingdom and even Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan carry influences from Star Wars while films like National Treasure pay homage to Indiana Jones. George Lucas has made an incredible impact on society as a whole and especially on the film and gaming industry.

I do plan on seeing Red Tails once George Lucas is finished with the project as it doth hold ?great promise.?

Lao_Che

lao che & sons said:
I am also a little dissapointed in the way George Lucas answered many of the questions in that video. It made everything bad that's been said about him true in my eyes.

I just don't think he's a people person... Didn't think Lucas came off as a particularly likable guy in general until I saw the clip of him showing BFF Spielberg the giant battle droid on the Phantom Menace DVD.

lao che & sons

Redeemed Child,
I too will be seeing red tails when it comes out, becuase I like the concept and I think It'll turn out nicely:)

Lao Che (sons not included:p )
You're right. Spielberg seems to be the more out going one of the two. But what I really meant was that he kind of jumped around the answers of questions instead of just giving straight forward answers. For example Fanboy: "Will there be a 7th movie?" George: "If you watch season 3 of the Clone Wars it's going to be a lot better that season 2". Where as I would've expected "That's something that is currently not in developement" or vice versa (I hope it's not though):whip:

Last edited:

RedeemedChild

lao che & sons said:
Redeemed Child,
...Lao Che (sons not included:p )

You're right. Spielberg seems to be the more out going one of the two. But what I really meant was that he kind of jumped around the answers of questions instead of just giving straight forward answers. For example Fanboy: "Will there be a 7th movie?" George: "If you watch season 3 of the Clone Wars it's going to be a lot better that season 2". Where as I would've expected "That's something that is currently not in developement" or vice versa (I hope it's not though):whip:

LOL Lao Che & Sons! :hat: That was a good example of how Mr. Lucas does not really answer questions directly at times. If there were to be a seventh Star Wars film what would it even be about?

Star Wars Episode VI sort of capped every thing off in such a way that it would be very difficult to create a movie that would take place after Return of the Jedi. To be quite honest I think that Lucas should turn to the time period of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic and create a film and animated TV Series revolving around the upcoming Star Wars The Old Republic MMORPG.

Meerkat

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Why?

George Lucas is just a man. Hell, it will take him 15+ years to even find a "McGuffin" for Indy 5; let alone make the damn thing.

The Field Museum is in Chicago, and they're re-showing Empire Strikes Back. there....

lao che & sons

RedeemedChild said:
Star Wars Episode VI sort of capped every thing off in such a way that it would be very difficult to create a movie that would take place after Return of the Jedi.

Lets not let this turn into a star wars disscussion:rolleyes: , but if you ask me I think that it should've ended with episode 6. It's the story of Luke Skywalker, and it was turned into Anakin Skywalker with the prequal trilogy. Just stop now and end it with Jedi if you ask me.

QBComics

And that's where I lose hope. I'm disappointed. It's sad that I won't get to see my favorite icon on screen again. :(

Texas

At least George didn't say no to an Indiana Jones 5 film. I'll have hope until the day George gives a definitive no to an Indy 5 film. He's got to know that there are ton of people out there that want to see one more Indiana Jones film starring Harrison Ford.

Indie House

I interpret that clip as positive. George jokingly slips the mic away as he delivers some news.

It's a taunt... I don't think he has dumped Indy V at all. :hat:

Le Saboteur

Stoo said:
The news is: There is no news. (How many pages is this thread?)

Did the heavy whiff of desperation around here make it all the way over to Switzerland, Stoo?

Johnny Nys said:
But with some imagination, it could be "... but I can't share any more."

That's close to what I thought. I thought it was along the lines of "...but I don't care to talk about that." Considering the Star Wars event, and the questioners conciliatory tone, I suspect that the attendees were requested to keep all questions Star Wars related.

Darth Vile

There was nothing in that clip to suggest that they were not moving forward with a 5th movie (although with each month that passes I think it's less likely).

George Lucas, I would imagine, must get asked the same inane questions every day of his life re. Star Wars and Indiana Jones. It's not really a surprise that his responses are quite flat and nondescript.

Hanselation

Johnny Nys said:
What I hear is "... but I don't care anymore."

But with some imagination, it could be "... but I can't share any more."

or "...but I won't tell anymore"

My first impression also was - he has finished with Indiana Jones, but...
on the other hand, if I was George Lucas, I wouldn't also tell nearly nothing if there isn't even a script, because of the hardcore fans. We would have an excited discussion and that could drive fast into a negative direction because of critizising every fluff. Hot discussions will be related to hazardous questions:
Who is writing the script?
What's the main plot?
Who will be co-staring?
And so the hype about a new Indiana Jones movie would start much to early.
When the movie then finally would come to the theatres, there would be the risk, that the hype would be hardy flattened early or drift in a negative way.
So in this way, the secret-door to Indiana Jones 5 is still a little bit open. :gun:

RedeemedChild

Le Saboteur said:
Did the heavy whiff of desperation around here make it all the way over to Switzerland, Stoo?

That's close to what I thought. I thought it was along the lines of "...but I don't care to talk about that." Considering the Star Wars event, and the questioners conciliatory tone, I suspect that the attendees were requested to keep all questions Star Wars related.

That's true Le Saboteur. I am willing to keep up hope. I do believe that there might be a light at the end of this tunnel. There really is not any factual information out there right now in regards to Indiana Jones so all we are doing is struggling to not die from the exaustion of the absentness of news in relationship to Indiana Jones.

However, George Lucas needs to remember that Harrison Ford is getting older every day...:eek:

Indy's brother

RedeemedChild said:
There really is not any factual information out there right now in regards to Indiana Jones so all we are doing is struggling to not die from the exaustion of the absentness of news in relationship to Indiana Jones.

It's kind of inhumane, isn't it? It's almost as if Mr. Lucas is being evasive after the rampant criticism KOTCS in the media....after finally getting his way on the script after so many years. All the money it made could seem like a a bittersweet and hollow victory for the man. Despite his love of aliens, robots, and robot aliens, George Lucas is only human, after all.

I have no evidence that confirms or denies his earthly status, but I'll stick with that idea anyway.

QBComics

Honestly if were "I can't share" "I'm not there" Why would the guy holding the camera laugh? That wouldn't make sense nor would it be funny. I think George said "I don't care" but the smile afterwards may hint that he was joking.

RedeemedChild

Indy's brother said:
It's kind of inhumane, isn't it?...

I have no evidence that confirms or denies his earthly status, but I'll stick with that idea anyway.

LOL Indy's brother. That gave me quite a nice laugh. :hat: Hats off to you my friend.