What Happens When Harrison Ford Dies?

Millions

Ok, some of you guys are going to feel a little bit uncomfortable with this thread, so I'll try and be as delicate as possible. Harrison Ford, as you all know, is not a young man. In recent pictures in fact, he has looked increasingly frail.

So I have 3 related questions:-

1) If he dies AFTER Indy V, what should happen to the series? Get a new actor in to play Indy? Continue the series with Shia?

2) What happens if Harrison dies during the shooting of Indy V - for example one of the stunts takes so much exertion that his heart can't handle it. Should they use CGI to create his remaining scenes? Would you still go and see it?

3) What if he dies before the film starts shooting, but the script, etc is finalised. Do we cancel the film altogether, or get a new actor in?

DocWhiskey

Yeesh.

Getting a tad paranoid with Indy V aren't we now? And morbid.

Whatever happens happens.

I don't think Ford is "frail". I mean, he an older man, but he's not in a wheelchair with a feeding tube for god's sake.

Just because he's "old" doesn't mean he's going to die soon. And recent celebrity deaths have shown us that. Heath Ledger, Michael Jackson, Billy Mayes, David Carridine were all "active" and popular, and then one day *Boom*gone.

Let's all just hope and speculate for Indy V. We'll talk about this when that day comes. Which hopefully won't be for a long time.

And by the way, Indy dies with Ford, just my opinion.

Dewy9

We go into deep mourning and then watch plenty of Star Wars, Indy, and Blade Runner to honor him.

Of course, if he died shortly after filming completed on Indy 5 (ha!... lol), he'd become this Ledger type and it would probably be called the greatest movie ever, kids would wear Indy shirts from Hot Topic, etc.

He is Indiana Jones and anything that happens after he's passed on should be in the other mediums (animated series, comics, video games, etc). And maybe let Mutt take the wheel after that.

Robyn

Millions said:
Ok, some of you guys are going to feel a little bit uncomfortable with this thread, so I'll try and be as delicate as possible. Harrison Ford, as you all know, is not a young man. In recent pictures in fact, he has looked increasingly frail.

Are you nuts??:confused: Frail?? He doesn't look frail to me:confused: As a matter of fact I think he looks great, good grief he's not that old! :rolleyes:

Millions

He looked a bit frail in recent interviews, I thought. Its not nice to see, to be honest. What if he has to start using a wheelchair over the next year or so? Could this be incorporated into the story of Indy V somehow? You couldn't just drop him from the fil because of a wheelchair - there are all sorts of discrimination laws that would need to be followed. I don't know - he (Harrison/Indy) could be like the Professor Xavier (from X-men) mastermind character, with Mutt being the guy running around and handling all of the action....... What do you think?

Robyn

Millions said:
He looked a bit frail in recent interviews, I thought. Its not nice to see, to be honest. What if he has to start using a wheelchair over the next year or so? Could this be incorporated into the story of Indy V somehow? You couldn't just drop him from the fil because of a wheelchair - there are all sorts of discrimination laws that would need to be followed. I don't know - he (Harrison/Indy) could be like the Professor Xavier (from X-men) mastermind character, with Mutt being the guy running around and handling all of the action....... What do you think?

A wheelchair!!???? You need your eyes checked man! Harrison looks great and he's in awesome shape too!

DocWhiskey

Millions said:

You're hilarious, man.

But seriously, all the jokes now about Ford being old is getting...old. So I can't imagine him playing the role in a wheelchair. All the amount of jokes would be mind numbingly annoying. And what the hell could he possibly do? I hope all those lost temples have a ramp on the side.

And, again, Ford isn't the feeble old man you're making him out to be. He doesn't even use those old listening horns in interviews yet nor does he visit Country Kitchen Buffet at 7:30 am. But he is starting to wear his pants higher.

Chill, man.

I think the only thing we have to worry about for Indy V is George and Steven going senile before Ford.

tocksic

What Happens When Harrison Fords Dies?

The seas will boil and fire will rain from the sky! Behold as the the four horsemen of the apocalypse will emerge and sow hatred and madness between mankind! Chaos will reign! Toddlers will drink blood and burn their parents alive. Old men and women will scream for their souls beeing ripped out by satan himself. Behold! BEHOLD!

... d*mn... thats sounds like a frickin' good macguffin - Indiana Jones and the death of Harrison Ford! :p

tocksic said:
The seas will boil and fire will rain from the sky! Behold as the the four horsemen of the apocalypse will emerge and sow hatred and madness between mankind! Chaos will reign! Toddlers will drink blood and burn their parents alive. Old men and women will scream for their souls beeing ripped out by satan himself. Behold! BEHOLD!...

Dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria!

Hey, Indy does aliens why not ghosts?

(wow THAT didn't sound right!)

DocWhiskey said:
"If Adventure Has a Name, Who Ya Gonna Call?"

Has a ring to it.

With the Dan Aykroyd connection Indy could be a psuedo Ghostbusters III prequel and can be shown as a partof a double feature!

Indiana Jones and the Minions of Gozer

DocWhiskey

Rocket Surgeon said:
With the Dan Aykroyd connection Indy could be a psuedo Ghostbusters III prequel and can be shown as a partof a double feature!

Indiana Jones and the Minions of Gozer

P-E-R-F-E-C-T.

Mutt can get slimed. Don't cross the whips. Marion gets possessed.

Endless possibilities.

Mutt: What did you do, dad?!
Indy: I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us.
Mutt: What?!
Indy: The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull action scenes.

tocksic said:
The A-Team! (y)

23tqbyo.jpg

Last edited:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
If Ford dies it would give Hollywood the opportunity to use the new Gravemation technique.

They simply dig up Ford, insert a wireframe endoskeleton into his corpsed body and animate him frame by frame for Indy V.

Hey, Presto! Everyone's a winner!:D

DocWhiskey

JuniorJones said:
They simply dig up Ford, insert a wireframe endoskeleton into his corpsed body and animate him frame by frame for Indy V.

I never thought I'd see stop motion again in another Indiana Jones film ! Bring it on!

Wait! Wait! No! Don't bring it on!
We're horrible people.

Horribly hilarious.

JuniorJones said:
If Ford dies it would give Hollywood the opportunity to use the new Gravemation technique.

If I'm not mistaken, and Stoo correct me if I'm wrong but Lucasfilm employed GRAVEMOTION TM ,(nice one), in Crystal Skull...they've been using it for years!;)