where are the books?

indyt

Is ebay the only place to get the indy books? I have been to several book stores and there are none in stock. I understand why the real old ones would not be but wasnt the last one in 1999 or 2000 something? Also, are there plans for any more books to come out?

You mean the adult Indy books? They haven't had a new one in ten years or so. I got them all as they were coming out and working in the arcade since I could read there. Last one must have been 96 or so.

IndyBuff

I'd recommend looking on Amazon or Barnes and Noble.com. They're fairly cheap and most of them are usually in stock. With a little hunting you should be able to track all of them down pretty easily.:)

Johan

I got mine from Indigo.ca or the Chapters store. You can order them from the store if you have it there.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I got all of mine (the complete set Indiana Jones novels) on Amazon.com. Spent only about $100 or so when shipping was all said and done.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I got mine from American Bookstore... They're also real quick with their deliveries. Unfortunately, you can't get the Young Indy novels from them and the first book, "Peril at Delphi." The publisher they order from is Ingram.

Shipwreck

Moderator Emeritus
Purchasing the Indiana Jones novels

As everyone knows - the books stopped being printed in 1999 with Max mcCoy's Secret of the Sphinx - however - amazingly enough - all the books are still available through Amazon.Com - including Raiders of the Lost Ark and other adaptations. You may have to pay a little more for those, however.

But you can still get them there. Hope that helps.

Bradley

Ouroboros

Got mine off Amazon.com, as everyone else seems to be recommending. Nice and cheap.

Also, it might be off-topic, but I hope that if Indy IV ever does get made, LucasArts will start lavishing the same amount of attention to the Indy EU that they do to Star Wars. Better books, better games, the whole kit and kaboodle. I can't help noticing that despite the general fun of the Indy novels, the Star Wars books tend to be slightly higher quality. Maybe George could convince a couple of writers to switch trains.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Well, if Indy IV comes out I would like all the books and comics (including adaptations of the trilogy) to be re-released. They have the Star Wars ones, why not Indy?

HovitosKing

I bought Rob MacGregor's "Unicorn's Legacy" right off the shelf at my local bookstore years ago when it was first published (1992). The rest I eventually bought from Amazon.

I still shake my head in disbelief when I pass the sci-fi section of my local bookstores, which are stocked full of Star Wars, X-Files, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Star Trek books yet don't so much as carry even a single copy of Max McCoy's last Indiana Jones novel published in 1999. That's simply astonishing to me.

indyt

HovitosKing said:
I bought Rob MacGregor's "Unicorn's Legacy" right off the shelf at my local bookstore years ago when it was first published (1992). The rest I eventually bought from Amazon.

I still shake my head in disbelief when I pass the sci-fi section of my local bookstores, which are stocked full of Star Wars, X-Files, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Star Trek books yet don't so much as carry even a single copy of Max McCoy's last Indiana Jones novel published in 1999. That's simply astonishing to me.
I agree! and thanks to everyone for your replies:)