Star Wars: The Clone Wars

The Man

20080506_1_bg.jpg

|ZiR|

Why won't George Lucas just make the last three Star Wars movies already? Episodes VII, VIII, and IX. I thought he planned the series as nine films.

ALL THE ORIGINAL ACTORS ARE GOING TO DIE.

And y'know, once the one of the trio goes, then they'll have their perfect little excuse not to make them because who could replace _____?

Tsar

|ZiR| said:
Why won't George Lucas just make the last three Star Wars movies already? Episodes VII, VIII, and IX. I thought he planned the series as nine films.

No thanks, Lucas already screwed SW with the prequels, eps 7,8,9 would just be the nails on the SW coffin for me.

The Man

Tsar said:
No thanks, Lucas already screwed SW with the prequels, eps 7,8,9 would just be the nails on the SW coffin for me.

Lucas has stated that the plotline for Episodes 4-9 were basically squeezed into the original trilogy.

The_Raiders

I can't say that I'd wanna see any more new star wars movies really, unless it was real people, or more video games with a plot line. I think the Jedi Knight games, at least JK2 and JK3 kind of like continuations of the original trilogy.

The Man

The_Raiders said:
I can't say that I'd wanna see any more new star wars movies really, unless it was real people, or more video games with a plot line. I think the Jedi Knight games, at least JK2 and JK3 kind of like continuations of the original trilogy.

Is the new TV show live-action with CG or is it all CG?

The_Raiders

I think it's all comuter animated stuff, like this new clone wars movie, which I don't think I really wanna see.

Deckard

Wait...so this is a movie coming out now? I thought it was going to be a series on TV?

Bleh...I dunno, I'll pass on this either way, its a shame, I was just as big a SW fan back in the day as I am an Indy fan now, but I can't bring myself to get excited about it anymore.

I say bring on Spaceballs : The Animated Series

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaceballs:_The_Animated_Series
http://www.g4tv.com/spaceballs/index.html

And on G4 no less, not Cartoon Network. This is the perfect channel for this show, with the recent success of Code Monkeys.

|ZiR|

The Man said:
Lucas has stated that the plotline for Episodes 4-9 were basically squeezed into the original trilogy.

Oh.

Sooo... we already have ep. VII, VIII, IX. Sort of.

Well that's lame.

Deckard said:
I say bring on Spaceballs : The Animated Series

I'll believe it when I actually see it on television. I've been jerked around about a Spaceball's cartoon too many times in the past.

|ZiR|

Deckard said:
What do you mean?

The idea for the Spaceballs cartoon has been thrown around since like '99. I heard really strong rumors back in '03 and '04 but nothing came of it. When finally went past the pre-production stage and we got news that it was to air in the fall season of '07, I got all excited.

Then nothing happened. G4 better not drop the ball on this again. :(

MarxBrosFan

So why exactly are the Jedi involved in saving Jabba's son?

I can't say I'm very interested in this new movie. I just don't see the point in more stories about Anakin Skywalker and the clone wars because we know what is ultimately going to happen. I'd rather see what happens between III and IV or after Jedi. I would like them to adapt some of the EU books into animated movies, preferably not CGI. A Shadows of the Empire and Thrawn Trilogy would be really cool.

LostArk

We're going to see what happens between III and IV in that upcoming TV series.

I'm looking forward to the Clone Wars movie (I even watched the whole Clone Wars cartoon on Youtube in preparation for the upcoming series). Its sad that most people aren't looking forward to this and just considering it a movie being made for money and not for the fans. Anakin and Obi-Wan searching for Jabba's son sounds interesting and the whole Ahsoka Tano thing adds something new to SW.