Do you play an Instrument?

Webley

I play the drums in a band called The Bon Airs

http://www.garageband.com/artist/thebonairs

My name in the band is Dr.Tsunami Frenzy: ;)
1007136.JPG

http://www.livebands.net/bandhomepage.cfm?id=3581

monkey

Hey Webley, I like the lead singer's boots.

I play guitar. used to play in bands way back when. used to be real good but don't practice enough anymore.

I also build my own guitars

for any guitar geeks .....I build solid body strat types, and like to experiment with different pick-ups, tremelos, etc.

It used to be a passion.....now it's just another hobby. But I still love music.

Indy Parise

I play Blues "Harp" aka Harmonica and do vocals and am very good at both, if I do say so myself.;)

Indy "Elwood Blues" Parise, out.;)

Gustav

I have a mandolin that I like to play traditional Italian and Irish stuff on. I've never had lessons, but the strings are just like a violin's strings only there are two of each and I used to play violin so I can play some stuff on the mandolin that I used to play on violin. I only play it for something to do. I also learned how to play some movie theme songs including Temple of Doom.

monkey

Indy Parise said:
I play Blues "Harp" aka Harmonica and do vocals and am very good at both, if I do say so myself.;)

Indy "Elwood Blues" Parise, out.;)

Hey IP,
I have always had the greatest admiration and respect for Blues "Harp" players. I tried to learn it, and was miserable at it. It is a difficult instrument to play. It is an instrument that is a true joy to listen to when played by an accomplished musician.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I play a couple of instruments.... Glockenspeil, vibrophone, piano, drums and a little bit of Clarinet. I sadly, was part of a high school band and one of my ex's was a flute player.....that went to band camp.....that cheated on me....

monkey

Violet, Have you seen that movie........what was it?? "American....Pie"...or something like that?

"Band Camp" seems to be a pretty risque place.

I wish they had "Band Camp" when I was in High School. I would have volunteered to play the tuba.

Junior Jones

I played trumpet in high school and still dabble with it.
I also took piano lessons as a child, but I didn't keep up with it.

doctor jones

bass guitar, piano-keyboard, sax, trumpet, trombone, and harmonica most of it i cant play very well. you have to try everything at least once.

Indyologist

I've been singing since the 4th grade. I've been in chorus all my life, in Sweet Sixteens (a girl's barbershop group in high school), I've was in the high school production of Oklahoma (in the chorus). I was a member of the Phillips, Lytle Ensemble put together by some attorneys at a law firm. We went to nursing homes and performed. That was fun! I was on the worship team at my former church for several years, and I'm on the worship team at the church I'm at now-- going on 7 years. We have drums (occasionally- our drummer is on tour w/his band, This Day and Age), electric guitar, electric bass, conga drums, keyboards and at least 3 singers of which I am one.

I've also sang several solos. I did one last month and I have one coming up next month. I'm considering offering my services as a wedding singer. I'm looking into it.

In short, I love to sing. I love the modern worship songs-- l love to sing them in a pop style, too. I can sing almost anything if I practice enough.

I'm a tenor/soprano (no, not the shooting, swearing kind!), but I prefer to sing lead or 2nd-- it's more confortable for my voice.

If you sing, what part do you sing best?