Here it is ! Closeup of Sideshow's Indy sculpt !!

mfisher

Man this figure is going to be unbelievable... no doubt the BEST ever Indiana Jones portrait done on a figure...

75b.jpg

Man I hope they give this line the attention they have given 007 and Star Wars... ( I gotta have a 1/6th Belloq too :) )

ChromiumBlue37

You beat me to it! Thanks for posting.

That head sculpt is FANTASTIC! (y)

Now I want to make sure that I understand Sideshow's offerings.
There will be a bust, (busts), 12 inch action figures and premium format figures, (detailed statues). Good thing I got 2 bookcases for this stuff ready! My Indiana Jones study is going to be PACKED!

deckard24

That's fantastic! The best likeness by leaps and bounds of Ford. The Bespin Han Solo Ford I thought was pretty lousy as likenesses go, but the Episode IV Han was decent. I mentioned it before, but I'm pretty sure Trevor Grove(the artist whose work is on this very site) is responsible for the head sculpt. All those years of drawing and painting Ford in his various incarnations, obviously paid off.

I can't wait for this figure!

Good find Mfisher!

mfisher

yup.. I had heard that Trevor got the nod to do the Indy sculpt... he also did the Old Ben Kenobi and the Bespin Luke ( I believe ) which are wthout question the BEST likenesses in the Star Wars line of figures...

Katarn07

So.... where's that guy that we were all arguing with about Sideshow's figure being better than the TM one? :p

That likeness rocks. It's definitely one of the best I've seen from Sideshow; easily the best of Ford ever done. I don't collect their SW guys, but their Bonds and Apes have for the most part been terrific. I too hope that at least this line is as big as their Ape line was.

ChromiumBlue37

Well said!

I would really like to see the Sideshow Indy surpass the Toys McCoy version. The facial sculpt seems to be a dead-on likeness. Love that the beard stubble is sculpted on.

I am sure that the clothes and accessories will be of superior styling and quality. :)

Trevor G

TR.N Staff Member
Sideshow is working HARD on these guys! I really hope everyone enjoys the outcome! I'm certainly thrilled I've been able to participate in the development of my favorite film character! absolute honor!

Trev

mfisher

I too hope that at least this line is as big as their Ape line was

I sincerely hope this line gets the full treatment like 007 and Star Wars... I could rattle off at least ten figures that would be MUST haves for me :)
Classic Indy
Nepal Marion
Peru Belloq
Toht
Raiders Sallah
Mola Ram
Short Round.. ( I know I know... but I still would get it)
Henry Sr
Col Vogel
Elsa

Katarn07

mfisher said:
I sincerely hope this line gets the full treatment like 007 and Star Wars...

I said at least, because that line was pretty big considering what a cult property that is. I own 15 figures in all, and there is a 4th Heston out there I unfortunately don't own.

ccb1d623.jpg

But yeah, I want to see an Indy from each movie at the very least. Raiders Indy, ToD Indy (no jacket, no sleeve, sword), LC Indy (tie), and KotCS Indy (OLD MAN!). Any other characters would just be a bonus.

tnswman

Katarn07 said:
So.... where's that guy that we were all arguing with about Sideshow's figure being better than the TM one? :p

That likeness rocks. It's definitely one of the best I've seen from Sideshow; easily the best of Ford ever done. I don't collect their SW guys, but their Bonds and Apes have for the most part been terrific. I too hope that at least this line is as big as their Ape line was.

Right here...The Sculpt is Great but the Painting will ruin it just as the ydo EVERY figure they make. I will own this cheap version myself However, it will NEVER surpass the TM version. Sorry, you may be jealous over it for some reason..However, this is a Chevy Impala where the Tm figure is a Astin Martin.

It's just honestly the way it is....Until Sideshow crafts the same type of Leather and realistic gear for thier Indy....It will just be a VERY NICE but cheaper version.

Maybe the cheaper price makes you people crazy for this...However, you can not compare the two.

The sculpt for the Han Solo figure was great too..However the Stupid sideshow paint apps ruined it.

tnswman

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Well said!

I would really like to see the Sideshow Indy surpass the Toys McCoy version. The facial sculpt seems to be a dead-on likeness. Love that the beard stubble is sculpted on.

I am sure that the clothes and accessories will be of superior styling and quality. :)

you are not serious are you? You do realize that you will get what you pay for right?

Again, The sideshow Indy is a Treasure for ANY collection...Even mine and I have a Massive Indy collection but the TM version is just the figure that everyone wanted for years and will still want even after the sideshow figure is realeased. From the Packaging to the figure it is WONDERFUL... Oh sure, some fool was arguing thatthe Holster was too big ( I do not see it ) However, if the sideshow figure is 100% without complaint, I will dig my own grave.

We all know the customizers will nit-pick it or ANY indy 12" figure to death.

It's funny that for years, you never heard anyone fussing aboutthe TM version...Except for the price.

we all know how much sideshow can screw up a figure and we know how sometimes they can get it very close to PERFECT. They are NOT consistant.

ChromiumBlue37

I'm sorry I said anything now.

There is no way I can pay $950.00 for a Toys McCoy Indy. Was just hoping that I will be happy with the second-rate Sideshow version.

Katarn07

tnswman said:
Oh sure, some fool was arguing thatthe Holster was too big ( I do not see it )

Calm down, dude. They're just toys, and we're all going to have our own opinions. Let's not start insulting one another. By doing that, you're just gonna set yourself up to be attacked by everyone else like a certain duo of Raven members often do. ;)

And you didn't comment on the sculpt itself. It is way better than TM's. There's no denying that! We'll just have to wait and see how the clothes/accessories turn out. And I still think your over defensive on the TM one as if you're just trying to justify that outrageous price. Nothing in this world is perfect; there's nothing wrong in pointing out in the flaws in even the "greatest treasures" in the world. We all agree it's a great item, but it's not perfect and our general consensus is Sideshow's will outdo it.

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Was just hoping that I will be happy with the second-rate Sideshow version.

Heh, us poor people can only afford those $80 second rate figures! :p

mfisher

I was the "some fool" claiming that the TM holster is too big.. which is is.. by far.. along with the pistol which is too big... whip is really out of scale too.. But my critique of the TM was definitley not due to any jealousy.. I own a TM Indy also... and yes.. it is a nice figure... still one of my favorites in my collection... but speaking from headsculpt quality alone.. sideshow is about to blow TM out of the water.. ( easy now.. just my opinion.. dont hurt yourself ;) I need to do a photo comparison of 1/6th scale items to show what I am saying about TM's scale issues... I may just break out the camera this weekend to put this debate to rest..

tnswman

ChromiumBlue37 said:
I'm sorry I said anything now.

There is no way I can pay $950.00 for a Toys McCoy Indy. Was just hoping that I will be happy with the second-rate Sideshow version.

who said second rate?

It's simply what you pay for. If anyone fusses at sideshow for not using "real" materials on this figure when it comes out. then you will have Sideshpow saying "you get what you pay for" If you want a Premium figure, there is a price.

See, this is what I have said all along, YOU CAN NOT COMPARE THE TWO! It's impossible.

You do not have to pay $950 for the figure.. I have seen plenty of under $600.00

It's a TOY... The scale will NEVER be perfect on ANY figure.. nobody should expect it.

Didn't mention the sculpt? Huh? Yes I did.. I said it was a wonderful sculpt but the Sideshow painting apps will ruin it. Compare the paint apps on the Han Solo sideshow figure to the TM Indy.. Which looks like a real human?

So, you really think that the TM figure does not look like Harrison? LOL! Please tell me you are not one of these customizers that use one of the 3rd or 4th generation copies from the TM head. There are PLENTY of customizers who use it because NOBODY has EVER criticized the sculpt of the TM Indy. It always comes down to the price.

Until Sideshow makes a truly Identical in nature figure to the TM version, you can NOT compare the two. I do not think that Sideshow could work the material ANY better.

The good thing is not that the simple Raider's Indy will be a good figure.. The good thing about Sideshow is that they will produce an Indy from each movie.

If you would ALL notice.. I never knocked Sideshow. I make it CLEAR.. For the value they are trying to bring the collector, the Indy will be REMARKABLE!! However, since they are having to use "cheaper" materials, the difference will be clear. It's not a bad thing.....But just do not complain that the gear is "not right" when you would have complained had they used the "real" material like TM did.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Wow...I didn't know Trevor had gotten that far with his work. Props to him! (I should give him a call and congratulate him)

ChromiumBlue37

Now I can definately swing $600 for a Toys McCoy Indy figure that is MIB. I would really love to own one, but EBay seems to be the only outlet available to find it now. That's where I got the $950 price tag.

Thanks for giving me some hope!! :D

Trevor G

TR.N Staff Member
all of the Indy collectibles will spark controversy among fans, no matter how much Sideshow prepares for it.

I'm very thankful I'll get to own a 12" Indy figure without having to pay so much for the rare McCoy figure. I have every confidence in Sideshow that they'll produce one kick a** figure! These guys are genuinely passionate about their work, and everyone is really treading light with handling this license. I know I did with my part of it.

Aaron- I'm LUCKY to be where I'm at! just fell into the right places! Sideshow is a great bunch of folks!

Trev