What plane would you like to see?

Tsar

What plane would you guys like to see Indy fly in during the movie's red-line map sequence? (assuming if he flies in a plane at all during the scene).

In Raiders he took a PanAm Clipper from San Fran to Nepal, and then a DC-3 from Nepal to Cairo.

111jo7.jpg

154pn1.jpg

In ToD he took a Ford Tri-Motor from Shanghai.

099vl5.jpg

In LC he took a DC-3 from NY to Venice.

096fw8.jpg

Some airliners from the 1950s include:
Lockheed Constellation
Douglas DC-7
Convair CV-240/440
Boeing 377
Douglas DC-4
de Havilland Comet?
Saab 90A Scandia

I personally would like to see Indy take a Lockheed Constellation to his destination, it is an iconic plane of the 1950s.

Joe Brody

I agree. Good job. I like any thread with links and pictures. If this thead were a poll where we good see who voted for what we could've had a raffle.

Me? I'd vote the Boeing or one of the Douglas's.

Jedinizar

I woud take the Douglas DC-4... It's more iconic to me for the 50s, nearest every fleet had a Douglas DC-4 at that time

deckard24

Blackadder said:
PanAm Clipper looks most appealing to me.
I agree, I absolutely love that plane!

Good job as well Tsar, you have done your research!
The Lockheed Constellation is a great pick, I'd vote for that.

Blue Jay

Nice thread!!!!

I love almost all of the 50s passenger planes.

I talked to my brother who is kind of an airplane freak and he said that if the plane goes to central or south america the normal (not super) constellation would be the most logical thing to go with.
Accidentally, this is one of my favorites planes of all time!!!!
I even built constellation model from PAN AM. Well that would be just great, wouldn't it :whip:

707 is a great plane, but at that time, it wasn't all that common for passenger taffic yet.

Professor Jones

Compliments for the thread! Very nice...

Coming to my answer to the question, I must say that the Constellation and the Comet are wonderful plane that quickly represent the period of the Fifties, and they're very beautiful too... though I'm very affectionated to the Douglases... they've got that rounded shape that makes them seem just came out from a comic book and their propellers just remind us of past times and long ago adventures... that make the Douglas design so "adventurish" and perfect for our movies.

Johan

Let me guess...the people that enjoy this thread also enjoyed the Indiana Jones CAIDEN novels?

Hawkeye

The Caidin novels were pretty much written like plane manuals. Hence the appeal to people who enjoy this thread. I know Jimmy Buffett has a Grumman Goose. Any chance it was in manufacture in 1957? I have no idea myself, I'm more a Civil War nerd than anything.

Professor Jones

Hawkeye said:
The Caidin novels were pretty much written like plane manuals. Hence the appeal to people who enjoy this thread. I know Jimmy Buffett has a Grumman Goose. Any chance it was in manufacture in 1957? I have no idea myself, I'm more a Civil War nerd than anything.

Woa! The Grumman Goose is wonderful!!! That I would really love to see in an Indy movie! Simply great!